Preview Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda - SCG, Saturday 24th August, 1:45PM AEST *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Who Wins?

• Swans

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree. As up and down as Armo's career was at least he's been with us the whole ride. Rowe is lucky to be on any list.
Bit hard to play Armo - he's injured - Rowe is not.

As it turned out it was not a matter of "Rowe is lucky to be on any list" more that "We were lucky to have Rowe on our list". For most of the season he was the ONLY back up ruckman available on our list and after 16 possessions and 59 hitouts last weekend it seems he's a reasonable "in" for the game against Sydney.

So the opposition doesn’t matter? You have a simple way of watching footy. Our Ormond ruckman had better stats than that and probably played on someone as good as khan haratuku. He lived with me for 2 weeks in around 2007. Must be getting on. Might be wrong in the year but it was a long time ago.

By the way most of your selections this week didn’t recognise sandy form.

Khan turned into a decent footballer in the end. No disgrace in that.

This is an example of why we've been rubbish as a club. Give a token game to a guy who will be delisted. Surely Joyce or another kid deserves a game ahead of him. I'd rather watch Alabakis get smashed than seeing a Carlton reject get a token game.

What is the point? If he was a saint on 99 I could see the utility of one more game if only to qualify under the father son rule, but this is crap.

He's been in the bests most weeks. They aren't playing Armo so doubt it's just sentimentality. Ratts probably wants an extra forward ruck to stretch the opposition defence like Carlton did to us.

He's been fantastic in the weeks previous, surely has earned himself a reprieve, who else do we have to play his role?
He has been good until then. At the end of the day Hannners, Steele, Ross, Gresham all in front of him in the middle. If he could play another position you would keep him in. Not versatile enough to keep at the expense of a sinclair/acres type.

He would be more squeezed out then dropped.

It’s either that or Gresh plays predominantly forward.

I can't imagine they'd bring Rowe in for sentimental reasons. I have enough faith that there's another reason.

Up against it this week with Sydney's retiring players and Buddy's 300th, not to mention our poor form against the swans for some time now. If we can go close, i think it will be a good result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats wrong with you mate , you can still punt while your watching the footy :thumbsu:
source.gif

He's been in the bests most weeks. They aren't playing Armo so doubt it's just sentimentality. Ratts probably wants an extra forward ruck to stretch the opposition defence like Carlton did to us.
As if it’s not the 100 games. You couldn’t really think that surely. You sound pebbles.

A class ruckman we nearly lost to injury last week.
We’ll definitely be looking for a backup, probably not a bad idea to see what Rowe can do first.

I don't think we're selecting Rowe for form or a future role, I'd see it more as a structural experiment for when Ming is in the side (which is hopefully R1 2020). Bring able to give Rowe his 100th is an added PR bonus.

Lengthy Disclaimer: Before I get jumped on for a Rowe/Ming comparison, all I am saying is they can occupy the same position i.e. Ruck/Forward split; they're obviously miles apart in terms of talent.

Something like this would do me.

It was the record for the greatest last quarter comeback margin. I think it still is. Swans kicked the first goal of the last quarter from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back