Review Round 23, 2019 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

25 Marks Inside 50. I can't remember the last time we achieved that many or more than 25. Only took 16 in Shanghai game this year.

We kicked 12.9 from those 25 marks. Marshall took one in the NE pocket in the last quarter and passed it inboard and back 15m to Boak who marked and goaled from 40m out. Dont know what happened to the other 3 marks inside 50.

The delivery inside 50 was the best all year as we took most marks from good passes, rather than marks from bomb's inside 50. Pity we didn't kick like that more often this year especially those quarters we dominated inside 50's.

Kicked 2.1 from free kicks inc Rozee's checkie from the pocket from out of bounds on the full.
Gray kicked one out on the full.

Ok game I suppose . No real standout players but enough good ones to smoke FREO . Was pleasantly surprised by Mckenzie, thought he was pretty good and would be tempted to retain him on that performance .
Liked Marshall and Drew and hopefully they’ll be persevered with. Amon was quite good again , Houston , Boak, Byrne Jones, especially liked him in the middle in the last quarter , . Westhoff was quite good along with Ryder and Dixon .
A bit flat but love my team and winning sure beats losing .

For an actual footy review:
We lost a first quarter to peel thunder but eventually got up because their ruckman gassed

McKenzie - was actually pretty good. Went 95% 21 disposals 6 rebound 50s took some nice marks in defence did play like a bloke with his career on the line. Had 17? by half time then 4 for the rest of the game but the ball never really went down there in the third

Rozee - there was a moment where rozee took a mark with fyfe behind him and it looked like a before and after shot. Rolls Royce class all over. Scared of the second year blues for himself and duursma which happens to all of our playeds

Hartlett - was s**t. liked him a lot but typifies us couldnt wait til the season was over. Hope he gets his kicking back next year one absolute dart

Robbie - tired and burnt out from carrying the team with boak all year

Wines & Westhoff playing their best games in dead rubber goes to show

Of course they’re happy it’s beer, boobs and bros time for 3 months

3 things they care a s**tload more about than finals

Remember when Watts was exposed for exactly this and those of us who went hard on him got given the third degree and accused of being over the top?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it was what it was. A decent win that meant nothing. Entirely forgettable.

Loved Drew's game. Thought he was exceptional in close. He's just so smart with the ball.

Houston looked alright as an outside mid. Duursma was up and down. Did some great things but was very sloppy today. I liked Bonners game outside of one terrible error. Westhoff started and ended the season well, pity about the other 21 weeks. Would be great if Dixon could play like that every week.

I liked McKenzie’s game. That left foot kick is a real weapon. It’s not only the length of the kick but also the accuracy. He setup a number of our forward thrusts by hitting targets upfield.

Thought he also defended well.

Would like to see him play more AFL games next year

Good to see the young fellas Marshall, Rozee and Duursma all kick multiple goals. Drew promising too.

Really excited to see Houston continuing on as a full time mid next season after another preseason.

Nice to finish with a win but a flat way to end a bizarre year.

25 Marks Inside 50. I can't remember the last time we achieved that many or more than 25. Only took 16 in Shanghai game this year.

We kicked 12.9 from those 25 marks. Marshall took one in the NE pocket in the last quarter and passed it inboard and back 15m to Boak who marked and goaled from 40m out. Dont know what happened to the other 3 marks inside 50.

Bonner didn’t make the distance on one and Gray kicked oof. I feel Sgray kicked one off too perhaps?

Well it was what it was. A decent win that meant nothing. Entirely forgettable.

Loved Drew's game. Thought he was exceptional in close. He's just so smart with the ball.

Houston looked alright as an outside mid. Duursma was up and down. Did some great things but was very sloppy today. I liked Bonners game outside of one terrible error. Westhoff started and ended the season well, pity about the other 21 weeks. Would be great if Dixon could play like that every week.
Well, at least I will watch the replay tomorrow. :)

I was actually mildly impressed by the way we went about it. Meant nothing but that's a bit of a test in itself - who wants to play footy and play footy well even when there's nothing on the end of it. Self motivation, pride, etc. I was happy that we went out there and performed nicely.

Liked McKenzie's game. Thought Wines had his best game of the year. Ditto Dixon. Westhoff was also very good.

Disappointing season, good job for finishing with a solid win, and well done to those who went along and supported today.

Hammer being interviewed saying it’ll be a hard time saying goodbye to some mates and said a couple of times that the club will be making some tough calls over the offseason that not everybody will like, but they’re trying to do the best for the club.

Could be a few big names being moved on?
Hopefully hammer is one of them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back