Preview Round 23, 2019: West Coast Eagles v Hawthorn, 24 August 2019, 8.10pm @ Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is s simple selection week really.

Howe comes in for Rough to go to Yeo & Walker gets a gig on form at the expense of Hanrahan.
Ollie has had a good run & now knows what is expected moving forward.

I’m pretty pumped for this game!
If we can get that fast ball out of the middle & keep Barrass & McGovern out of it we will win.
With Worpell & Wingard on fire there is an exciting & dynamic element to the midfield. Jags, Shiels & Howe can do the bulk of the heavy lifting & should break even.

I’m going to stick with McEvoy in defence. Some of his best work as a saint was as the kick behind play intercepting ruckman.
He will be exposed for pace from centre ball ups but in general play he will be fine. I’d probably look for Henderson to roll back as the “extra” to have BB play the old Hodge role as the 7th man.
This also opens up some space forward to let the midfield go to work for the fast ball movement to O’Brien, Gunston & Breust.

Hardwick Chip CJ

Sicily McEvoy Stratts

Hendo Shiels Scully

Wingard O’Brien Breust

Walker Gunston Nash

Cegs Worpell Jaeger

Howe Smith Poppy Burgoyne

Is this happening?

Well, he would have been told on Tuesday and we've had a couple knowledgable types hinting at it the last couple days so I reckon yes. It's on. Another debut.

I hope we win and make it clear to the GF. And then deb there as well. It will be the most spectacular development year in the history of world sport.

Is a relative of former high flying Blue, Andrew Walker. Only fitting we give him the name Skywalker when he inevitably takes a hanger on the weekend.

raw

Would love to see Scrim come back in but CJ's athleticism and speed makes him on paper a good defensive match up for Flyin Ryan assuming Stratts takes the vastly improved Darling. Worth getting a look at CJ against their smalls for mine.

Can't see both CJ and Scrim in the side unless we make a structural change and rejig the fwd half.

Oscar Allen is the interesting one. Got a feeling Sicily will take him and have to play tall meaning the 3 talls will be Chip Stratts and Sic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could be a high flying spectacular, Liam Ryan at one end, Mat Walker at the other.
Forget the result, can we have a mark of the year contender/winner!!

Not to mention that flying ranga TOB will likely hit orbit at least once or twice during the game as well. Omens are good for a big grab, and an exciting game.

Let’s be honest.. this is literally the toughest game on any clubs calendar, can’t see us winning but would be nice to push them.
Dont mean to be rude but playing you guys or norf in tassie has been the hardest gig in footy for years

Don't be surprised we try a defensive forward on McGovern, the guy has too much influence if left to do his own thing. We back our mids to go head to head with theirs (Didn't have Chad last time which they will need to worry about on their end). Howe in to do the job. Has the size to make him honest and will get physical if need be.

Would love to see Scrim come back in but CJ's athleticism and speed makes him on paper a good defensive match up for Flyin Ryan assuming Stratts takes the vastly improved Darling. Worth getting a look at CJ against their smalls for mine.

Can't see both CJ and Scrim in the side unless we make a structural change and rejig the fwd half.

Oscar Allen is the interesting one. Got a feeling Sicily will take him and have to play tall meaning the 3 talls will be Chip Stratts and Sic.

Would have thought Sicily would get Darling.

Hoping Scrimmers gets a call-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back