Autopsy Round 23, 2021: Hawks draw with Tigers - end of an era!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still seething from the last Qtr v Bullogs in 2019 when Worps was penalized for running into the centre circle before the bounce after a goal...not one free paid ever, like that beforehand and not one since. And then, in the same game, a free against JOM for pushing an oppo player in the chest at a stoppage...supposedly they were cracking down on that kind of thing...yet never seen again. And the 50 against pup when the ump called play on so he moved yet was pinged anyway! Oh and Sic pushing and shoving his opponent and freed against in the goal square and then later, pinged for front on contact when he turned and punched the ball!! 5 or 6 goals in the last qtr from the same sort of rubbish. Bulldogs 28 points or so down got up and won... So it seems like the umpires rules against Hawthorn certainly havent changed.
Oh man, I forgot about that and now I’ve been reminded how angry I got and now I’m grumpy. What a farce that was.

Yep.
There's a lot of stuff that reporters are sitting on that the board also leaked, but told them to hold off on reporting. It's a case of if you knew what it was, then your point of view will be different. There's a reason the board leaked when they've almost always remained tight-lipped. Tid bits of it have been subtlety mentioned in the media and on BF if you know where to look.

All I'll say is, the PR department have had one of their hardest weeks of work this week.
If you have the intel then just come out and say it instead of hiding behind cryptic messages to attempt to justify your position.

Why does this make you so angry? Why can't you just move on?

Oh man, I forgot about that and now I’ve been reminded how angry I got and now I’m grumpy. What a farce that was.
haha sorry about that!! I find red wine eases the pain after games like that.

I'm still seething from the last Qtr v Bullogs in 2019 when Worps was penalized for running into the centre circle before the bounce after a goal...not one free paid ever, like that beforehand and not one since. And then, in the same game, a free against JOM for pushing an oppo player in the chest at a stoppage...supposedly they were cracking down on that kind of thing...yet never seen again. And the 50 against pup when the ump called play on so he moved yet was pinged anyway! Oh and Sic pushing and shoving his opponent and freed against in the goal square and then later, pinged for front on contact when he turned and punched the ball!! 5 or 6 goals in the last qtr from the same sort of rubbish. Bulldogs 28 points or so down got up and won... So it seems like the umpires rules against Hawthorn certainly havent changed.
Haha this is the one game I will never get over. I was so mad that day, and still am! That was cheating if I ever seen it. The Sicily free in the goalsquare 🤬

Yes but if Daicos and Darcy werent good then it'd be the 5th pick. Still is the 5th LIVE pick.

But they are good, so we will be picking the 7th best talent with pick 7.

Remind us what pick we started with last year, and then what pick we ended up using to select DGB. Here's a clue: they aren't the same number.

Wow, in my time following the Hawks there have only been four players to wear the #9. Remarkable longevity for the wearer!

(I started in 1978 when this amazing tall blond man came and ran a footy clinic at my primary school. This guys was like some kind of Viking god, with his height, physique, and moustache. I went home and told my mother that I was now following Hawthorn as that was the team Peter Knights played for. I remember also a being bit disappointed because I wasn't in his group. This other man called Leigh Matthews ran my session.)

Haha this is the one game I will never get over. I was so mad that day, and still am! That was cheating if I ever seen it. The Sicily free in the goalsquare 🤬
Yep games like that you have to ask what odds the umps got on the punt at 3/4 time. haha

Exactly. Whether it’s a ‘live’ pick or not, our selection will forever be referred to as the 7th pick in the draft.

We had the 4th ‘live’ pick last year, but DGB was pick 6 and it’s etched in history as fact.

Frustrating to keep reading people arguing completely different perspectives for the sake of being right.

(but it’s pick 7 :p)
It is pick 5 until draft night when the decisions of clubs above us determine where that pick ends up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is pick 5 until draft night when the decisions of clubs above us determine where that pick ends up.
100% you’re not wrong.

Also not wrong is the other view, that after that has taken place the pick will never be referred to as 5 again and will almost certainly be 7 this year.

So the only difference in the two correct opinions is that 5 is correct for a very short time, while 7 is correct forever after.

100% you’re not wrong.

Also not wrong is the other view, that after that has taken place the pick will never be referred to as 5 again and will almost certainly be 7 this year.

So the only difference in the two correct opinions is that 5 is correct for a very short time, while 7 is correct forever after.
I said this same thing in a now deleted post 🤷... It ain't complicated. Until draft night we talk about pick 5 and after draft night we talk about who we drafted with pick 7. Simple.

100% you’re not wrong.

No you have missed one option. If none of the clubs rate Darcy in the top six then 6 could be correct forever.

The draft is designed so the last team gets who they think is the best player and so on and so on. Two years in a row that will not happen if North think Daicos is number one.

I hope they go out and bid on Daicos and Darcy. If any club gets a freebie I'd prefer to see them pay top dollar.

Richmond v Hawthorn
10 Chad Wingard HAW
6 Jaeger O'Meara HAW
4 Jonathon Ceglar HAW
4 Tom Lynch RICH
3 Dylan Grimes RICH
2 Jack Ross RICH
1 Ben McEvoy HAW

Richmond v Hawthorn
10 Chad Wingard HAW
6 Jaeger O'Meara HAW
4 Jonathon Ceglar HAW
4 Tom Lynch RICH
3 Dylan Grimes RICH
2 Jack Ross RICH
1 Ben McEvoy HAW
As this side builds and grows in confidence, the Chad is going to be an absolute asset. I, for one, am glad we got him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back