Preview Round 23, 2021: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Blundstone Arena, Sunday 22nd August, 12:15PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Dockers

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Correct, all he did was apply for the job.
I know it's boring when people pick you up on tiny inaccuracies but just to be clear, Paul Hunter was training with us and ended up getting a gig because we needed a break glass for emergency player.

I think if we'd known just how often the glass would be broken this year, we'd have found a more experienced ruckman. Which speaks to the list manager's naive expectations on Paddy - something I hope won't be repeated this off-season.

I am curious though; do the St Kilda coaches see improvement in Hunter? Do they think it is enough for a ruckman to do what Hunter does? I have no opinion but am curious to know, because something tells me he will be retained.

I know it's boring when people pick you up on tiny inaccuracies but just to be clear, Paul Hunter was training with us and ended up getting a gig because we needed a break glass for emergency player.

I think if we'd known just how often the glass would be broken this year, we'd have found a more experienced ruckman. Which speaks to the list manager's naive expectations on Paddy - something I hope won't be repeated this off-season.

I am curious though; do the St Kilda coaches see improvement in Hunter? Do they think it is enough for a ruckman to do what Hunter does? I have no opinion but am curious to know, because something tells me he will be retained.
I think Punter will go unless we can't find a better break glass replacement.

Sounds alright but it's hard to find a guy down the pub with some weed in lockdown.
Have a 1/4 sitting out in one of my old golf bags :D if you want it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Punter will go unless we can't find a better break glass replacement.
He is gone , there are a lot of ruckman un-contracted this year and they will not have to make a rushed decision at the last minute.
They are already looking at McLean and there could well be others they looking at.

yz2DmXb.jpg

I reckon he looked exactly like what you'd expect. He was an emergency ruck option and he played like a state league ruck. He was nowhere near as bad as people make out. Guys like Hill and Butts on big money with prominent roles were much more of an issue this year. Or Long who wasted every opportunity that he was gifted. I reckon Phunty tried his arse off, he's just limited. I still prefer that.

I actually don't disagree but I really wanted to have a dig at Kent.

Long is up there with Ross in terms of how frustrating he is. Dumb free kicks, poorly controlled aggression (although I do love his agro), and just goes missing for too much of the game. Kills me that we took him out of NT Thunder instead of Parfitt.

I organised a picnic for my birthday at 12:00 to prove mostly to myself that I don't have to watch every game live.

Anyway thanks to regional lockdown, like Pacino they've dragged me back in.

Would love to see a big Bytel performance to get us excited for next year. The more I think about our midfield, it's a worry but it's also an area we can improve quickly. We have one of the best mids in the comp in Steele. We have a good support cast. But we need some guys (maybe two) to become A graders and we will have a very good midfield. There are a few ways that this can happen.

Bytel is one that we'd just love to step up. Hope he has a great game tomorrow.

I organised a picnic for my birthday at 12:00 to prove mostly to myself that I don't have to watch every game live.

Would love to see a big Bytel performance to get us excited for next year. The more I think about our midfield, it's a worry but it's also an area we can improve quickly. We have one of the best mids in the comp in Steele. We have a good support cast. But we need some guys (maybe two) to become A graders and we will have a very good midfield. There are a few ways that this can happen.

One bloke who already is an A grader is Crouch. I have a lot of hope that Crouch will improve next season. Must have been his quietest season in a while but he's been an AA and B&F winner in a good side.

Happy birthday lewdogs!

He must have been invited to train with the possibility of being employed though. You cant just rock in off the street and hope you get a gig......or maybe you can with the saints.

I dont have nothing against Hunter, he is just trying to get a kick & a paypacket but this is AFL level and the club has to try and get someone who can adequately fill the position to a reasonable degree. If we had of got someone capable , we would not have had the problems we have had. Wonder if we will fall for the same trick twice?

Happy birthday mate :thumbsu:

Sorry your plans have been stuffed up, but I hope you have a good day nevertheless.

Happy birthday mate. Hopefully the boys have a win for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back