M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Yer I feel sorry for you high powered high flying moderators, you have my sympathies Zo.

architecturaldigest_on-the-market-inside-a-23-dollars-million-mega-mansion-surrounded-by-a-lake.jpg

Sproj

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This is such a big game for us. Win and anything is possible as we basically then know we can best anyone.

Lose as is more likely the case and it might just be this season done, it might not work with this current group and minor regeneration (and I stress minor) is needed.

1660853795048.jpeg

No need to worry about the strength of our opponents or the magnitude of this game. The tea leaves say we win and win well. Melbourne are going to get belted.
Lions by 39 points

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Does not get any bigger in home and away.

Friday night, last years premier, perfect conditions - winner secures top 4, losers path becomes a lot harder.

We win this and I like our likely match up at the SCG vs the Swans.

Very excited and keen to see us defend our patch vs a team that have had the wood over us recently.

Our destiny is entirely in our hands, can we win a monster game at home?

Looking forward to this one.

Aug 18, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Third game in 12 days is my big concern, but a sellout crowd should get the boys revved up. Going to be a fantastic atmosphere and looking forward to seeing the Lions at their best and protecting the home turf.
Looking forward to singing Country Road a few times and watching Zac Bailey and Cam Rayner light up.

Royboy1961

Senior List
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Big night for the boys. I predict the Lions to win by 7 points and Lohman as the emergency. Mathieson on Oliver and Hunter on Neale. The main thing they need to do is stop the spread from contests as Melbourne will hurt us if they are allowed to run free.

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dunno why but nerves have kicked in and kicked in early for this one.

I think a lot of us haven’t really rated our chances at being a legitimate chance at the flag this year, but here we are in the final round and we have a massive opportunity to change some opinions, not just of the footy public but to also give the players some actual belief that we may be good enough just before finals.

Massive, massive game. Win this one and maybe just maybe we might all start to believe.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Can not wait to get to Yoga then Frankie's Smokehouse and then lastly the Gabba today, humungous game. My last ladder predictor.

We win, finals week 1 >

Cats(1st) v Magpies(4th) @ MCG.

Demons(6th) v Tigers(7th) @ MCG.

Dockers(5th) v Bulldogs(8th) @ Optus.

Swans(2nd) v Lions(3rd) @ SCG.

We lose, finals week 1 >

Cats(1st) v Magpies(4th) @ MCG.

Lions(6th) v Tigers(7th) @ Gabba.

Swans(2nd) v Demons(3rd) @ SCG.

Dockers(5th) v Bulldogs(8th) @ Optus.

Lllllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssss!

Hard to not feel extremely proud of having a teammate like Matho. He's just down to earth, humble, works hard and appreciates every opportunity that comes his way.

Go well Matho, I know you've mentioned Rich and Zorko being sent-off in the right way before they finish up, but I also want you to have a big game tonight and a big finals run to announce yourself to wider AFL. You totally deserve it.

Hard to not feel extremely proud of having a teammate like Matho. He's just down to earth, humble, works hard and appreciates every opportunity that comes his way.

Go well Matho, I know you've mentioned Rich and Zorko being sent-off in the right way before they finish up, but I also want you to have a big game tonight and a big finals run to announce yourself to wider AFL. You totally deserve it.
Really enjoyed that article - thanks for posting it!

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.

A photo from that article has this caption -

Harris Andrews and Rhys Mathieson chat after Brisbane's Round 19 win over Gold Coast at The Gabba on July 23, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos. :rolleyes:
J4ufFuWS.jpg

FeastOrFamine

Team Captain
Feb 19, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
These are the games of footy we live for

Hopefully the lads embrace the occasion and bring it home. Lions by 15

nup

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I just want to see the team win and don't get carried away with any niggle, just sharpen right up and keep it going right through September. Come on you bloody Lions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back