Preview Round 23, 2022: Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, 21 August 2022, 1.10pm @ UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs have to win and gain some percentage and hope Carlton lose. Carlton game starts 2 hour after the hawks so dogs should be giving their all and will want a big win to put pressure on Carlton.

A good test for our mids after being smacked by richmond. And a chance for our backs to respond as well.
Dogs only have to make up about 10 points through their win and a Carlton loss

Bring in Lynch, put McEvoy forward and try to let him go out with a decent haul of goals.

Out: Kosi, Impey
In: Lynch, Saunders

Throw Sic back to defense, Jeka up forward and let's see what Saundo is made of.

I'd rather leave Jeka back and throw DGB forward.

Dogs have to win and gain some percentage and hope Carlton lose. Carlton game starts 2 hour after the hawks so dogs should be giving their all and will want a big win to put pressure on Carlton.

A good test for our mids after being smacked by richmond. And a chance for our backs to respond as well.
It's funny when I think about how our mids will respond my reaction always is "what mids?"

We have basically Newk, Mitchell, Ward and Moore as our midfield unit at the moment (I can't classify Nash, JOM, Day, etc as mids as I think they are all utilities).

Compare that to the 7 to 8 players the doggies rotate through the middle.

We really need to draft at minimum another 2 midfielders at the draft so that we can compete with teams like the Doggies on sheer numbers of midfielders.

It's funny when I think about how our mids will respond my reaction always is "what mids?"

We have basically Newk, Mitchell, Ward and Moore as our midfield unit at the moment (I can't classify Nash, JOM, Day, etc as mids as I think they are all utilities).

Compare that to the 7 to 8 players the doggies rotate through the middle.

We really need to draft at minimum another 2 midfielders at the draft so that we can compete with teams like the Doggies on sheer numbers of midfielders.

Correct. Jai, Mitch, JOM, should be our starting mids with Moore, Ward, McDonald and Finn. We need a couple in this draft and maybe one or two FA if they’re around. That Port Kid on the wing will fill a hole If we can land him. We need another two Or three that can play consistently through there and get 30 odd touches. Worpel is one that can

Take your pick at the Dogs: Libba, Bont, Macrae, Smith, Dunkley.

Libba makes sense, but i'd like to give him the Bont assignment and see how he goes playing on a guy with that aerial ability. There's also a real mental challenge in playing on one of the game's absolute superstars.

Depends whether we want him to stop their most damaging player, or to learn for a future role. At this stage I reckon the latter.

game last week was the first I have not seen twice for years (haven't seen it at all). Did Sic show anything in the midfield? Interesting that Sam said Sic does the midfield drills at training totally through personal interest. Worth doing again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve put enough players out to pasture to suggest we’ve put the cue in the rack, but I still think we should be able to give a good account of ourselves.

Similar to last week with Dogs wanting to play finals, they could open us up in the middle where we have our biggest weakness(and their biggest strength), so anything less than a 5 goal loss would be pretty good in my books.

A thumping should see us drop below Adelaide I reckon. If Essendon have new coach bounce, chance they leapfrog us as well (although v doubtful against tigers)

Sammy indicated that in his presser the players were disappointed with their performance (and rightly so) and looking to do better this week. So I feel we going to be switched on and committed.

Optimistic. ;) Reckon if we can get on top of them early they will lose belief and pack up early.

Go Hawks.

I reckon the suits at the AFL want us to loose this week.
If we beat the dogs it turns pies/blues into a dead rubber.
I think they would just rather Carlton in the finals. If it were Melbourne or Collingwood v Carlton it ensures 90k+ in the 1st week of finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back