Preview Round 23, 2022: Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, 21 August 2022, 1.10pm @ UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out - Impey, Kosi.

In- Saunders, Callow

Even rest a couple more and give Hartigan and Howe a game. Might get lucky and have Crows overtake us on ladder

I reckon the suits at the AFL want us to loose this week.
If we beat the dogs it turns pies/blues into a dead rubber.
I get your thinking, but the ramifications are still likely huge, particularly for the Pies.
A win will see them secure the double chance and likely play the Cats, while a loss would most likely see then face the Tigers in an elimination final.
If Brisbane beat the Dees, and other results go as expected, Carlton beating Collingwood would see Melbourne in 5th which Carlton would be reasonably confident of at least making a game of it given the other week, whereas a loss would see them most likely traveling to Perth to play Freo.

Regardless, I hope we snuff the Doggies finals chances and send off whoever may be playing their last game for us with a win. Always nice to finish the season on a high.

Last edited:
I get your thinking, but the ramifications are still likely huge, particularly for the Pies.
A win will see them secure the double chance and likely play the Cats, while a loss would most likely see then face the Tigers in an elimination final.
If Melbourne beat the Dees, and other results go as expected, Carlton beating Collingwood would see Melbourne in 5th which Carlton would be reasonably confident of at least making a game of it given the other week, whereas a loss would see them most likely traveling to Perth to play Freo.

Regardless, I hope we snuff the Doggies finals chances and send off whoever may be playing their last game for us with a win. Always nice to finish the season on a high.
As long as the Cats don’t play Brisbane week 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Long, Saunders, Cmac,
out: Impey, Morrison, Serong

Part of me wonders if Titch/JOM will get managed for this one.

Once bitten twice shy.

Info re : Long debuting v Tiggers….horribly wrong

Have been told 2 debutants this week, but I’m not prepared to name names :oops:
do it jewish GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back