Preview Round 23, 2022: Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, 21 August 2022, 1.10pm @ UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeka must not have reached a few KPI's last weekend that we weren't aware of. Because to the eye I thought he was a lot better than both Blanck and DGB.
Maybe he will get more out of playing against Sydney at Box Hill and then finals. We need to beat Sydney or not lose by much its bloody tight

Don’t understand why jeka gets dropped and lynch plays doesn’t make sense, Lynch needs to play vfl finals and doesn’t this selection end that? And no callow so McEvoy is one out in the square? I get we aren’t really trying to win and rapt with more debutants but why is Howe playing? Hope someone has some intel as I am perplexed

Is this the youngest side we've fielded in the last 15 years? feels like it.

This actual real photo of the debutants from training would indicate yes.

8f6Lun0bS7BBrGvayuUp.jpg

Shocked Jeka was omitted
Not me. He was pantsed in the 3rd term by Cumberland. Also seemed too keen to play spare and Hardwick gave him a few choice words.

Wasn’t disgraced but geez a few people here are blind to the fact defenders are supposed to defend players first, defend areas second and be luscious ball users last.

I dare say his lack of defensive mindset / efforts came up on the review tape (which funnily enough no one on Big Footy gets to watch)

Not me. He was pantsed in the 3rd term by Cumberland. Also seemed too keen to play spare and Hardwick gave him a few choice words.

Wasn’t disgraced but geez a few people here are blind to the fact defenders are supposed to defend players first, defend areas second and be luscious ball users last.

I dare say his lack of defensive mindset / efforts came up on the review tape (which funnily enough no one on Big Footy gets to watch)
Tough for any defenders with the midfield getting thrashed.

Tough for any defenders with the midfield getting thrashed.
Sorry but no, the reason we lost that game wasn't the midfield, as much as people here have said it.

We barely lost inside 50s and alot of those were repeat entries in the first term.

Alot of the damage came in the 3rd term where Richmond scored 92% of their inside 50s.

Ridiculous stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeka must not have reached a few KPI's last weekend that we weren't aware of. Because to the eye I thought he was a lot better than both Blanck and DGB.
On sen Sam called Blanck and Jeka KPD’s and DGB a 3rd tall intercept type.

If Sicily is back playing as a KPD then Jeka prob squeezed out.

Is an interesting comment on DGB - has club conceded he’ll only ever be a 3rd tall?

Sorry but no, the reason we lost that game wasn't the midfield, as much as people here have said it.

We barely lost inside 50s and alot of those were repeat entries in the first term.

Alot of the damage came in the 3rd term where Richmond scored 92% of their inside 50s.

Ridiculous stuff.
We were smashed in the clearances mate. The midfield was pretty horrible last week.

We were smashed in the clearances mate. The midfield was pretty horrible last week.
Midfield was poor at the contest no doubt, contested possessions were pretty bad i think (not looking at stats).

But i felt they setup well and were able to own a bit of territory especially after the 1st quarter. The 2nd term was great, 4th was pretty good.

Tho i don't think it was the sole reason. The backline were to blame in the third, which is when the main damage was done.

Maybe he will get more out of playing against Sydney at Box Hill and then finals. We need to beat Sydney or not lose by much its bloody tight
This is my thinking. Give him the task of dominating the VFL from here on, and if he does we'll know he's worth persisting with as a player. As much us seeing what we can from him in the position as it is him getting more out of it.

Midfield was poor at the contest no doubt, contested possessions were pretty bad i think (not looking at stats).

But i felt they setup well and were able to own a bit of territory especially after the 1st quarter. The 2nd term was great, 4th was pretty good.

Tho i don't think it was the sole reason. The backline were to blame in the third, which is when the main damage was done.
The 3rd was when they kept getting easy clearances to put our defense under pressure. Having almost zero pressure at the contest is going to make it near impossible for our defenders against a quality side such as Richmond.

On sen Sam called Blanck and Jeka KPD’s and DGB a 3rd tall intercept type.

If Sicily is back playing as a KPD then Jeka prob squeezed out.

Is an interesting comment on DGB - has club conceded he’ll only ever be a 3rd tall?
Nat Fyfe at 20 was only 80kgs, after being drafted at 72kgs. He has played the last 8 years at around 88 - 94kgs.

If/when Denver fills out, and hopefully ends up 95kgs he should be able to play 2nd KPD. That’s the same size as Barrass.

I doubt he will ever regularly take the opposition big unit.

The 3rd was when they kept getting easy clearances to put our defense under pressure. Having almost zero pressure at the contest is going to make it near impossible for our defenders against a quality side such as Richmond.
Richmond actually scored a fair amount from their D50 through transition, both in fault of the midfield and forward pressure, but also the defense for not pushing up, but also for the defense losing one on ones. It wasn't perfect ball use, for a fair few of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back