North Melbourne v Gold Coast (MRVL)
Geelong v West Coast (GMHBA) (T)
Essendon v Richmond (MCG) (N)
Port Adelaide v Adelaide (AO) (N)

Sunday August 21
Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs (UTAS)
Carlton v Collingwood (MCG)
St Kilda v Sydney (MRVL) (T)

The purple jumper/white shorts combo looks good but it really only adds to the clash, feels like we’re wearing it just to justify its existence

Did no one look at the fixture prior to the season and realise we’d never really have a need for it this season ?

I wonder if Freo would've worn this against Giants if they played earlier in the year. Or are they wearing it just because they said they would and haven't

Freo’s away games this year:

Adelaide
West Coast
Essendon
Geelong
Gold Coast
Melbourne
Carlton
St Kilda
Richmond
Bulldogs
GWS

The only two teams they’ve played this year that purple doesn’t clash with were Geelong and Gold Coast, but they wear full home kit in those games. Freo are a bit unlucky in that the AFL determine that purple clashes with black, navy and royal blue. That leaves very few options to wear it against, and even fewer with white shorts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was looking it up and I saw Port wore it in 2005 but there is a promotional photo of them modelling it in 2020. Did they ever wear or plan to wear it that year, anyone know?
It's pale blue, not teal. They planned to wear it at some stage in 2020 to celebrate the club's 150th year but it didn't eventuate due to the Covid hubs situation.

Menzie and D’Ambrosio wearing the wrong jumper.

The weirdest thing about this is that the Fujitsu-backed jumper appears to have 'wide' number sets, whereas the Amart-backed jumper has 'skinny' number sets. The width across both numbers is completely different.

299675414_5324814514298251_7734471637180976613_n.jpg

EDIT: Or is D'Ambrosio's number ironed on? Hence the discrepancy? Still looks weird.

watching the showdown. chayce jones's number is abnormally low down (#1 for crows)

The weirdest thing about this is that the Fujitsu-backed jumper appears to have 'wide' number sets, whereas the Amart-backed jumper has 'skinny' number sets. The width across both numbers is completely different.

299675414_5324814514298251_7734471637180976613_n.jpg

EDIT: Or is D'Ambrosio's number ironed on? Hence the discrepancy? Still looks weird.
I think it might have something to do with Menzie and D’Ambrosio being mid season recruits.

Freo looked shocking this round, completely unnecessary to mix and match like that

the purple kit is clean
the white kit is clean

purple on white is 🤮 🤮

Hopefully we only do it against GWS or just stop the experiment next year

It was fine, sure – it sat square in the middle of the clash-to-contrast ratio. But introducing royal blue to your kit against a team that already has royal blue in their kit is just idiocy.
Theoretically yes but Brisbane doesn't have that much royal blue on their kit. Also, Melbourne managed to find a really bright shade of royal that stands out nicely. Obviously, something like a white jumper would be a better contrast though.

Port's blue and white hoops jumper was our clash jumper for 2020 but never went ahead due to Covid

Are you sure about that? My recollection is it was meant to be worn in a game on the actual anniversary date of their first match (against Carlton I think?)

If it was going to be the clash, surely it would have stayed that way. The covid shutdown was after the season had started. No way they could have changed their clash jumper at that point.

Are you sure about that? My recollection is it was meant to be worn in a game on the actual anniversary date of their first match (against Carlton I think?)

If it was going to be the clash, surely it would have stayed that way. The covid shutdown was after the season had started. No way they could have changed their clash jumper at that point.
I can't remember honestly but I'm fairly sure it was the clash jumper for that season. I don't remember seeing the white or silver jumper released for that season.

Could be wrong though!

I can't remember honestly but I'm fairly sure it was the clash jumper for that season. I don't remember seeing the white or silver jumper released for that season.

Could be wrong though!

Nah your miss remembering. we had Silver clash for 2020, it was the year they added the panel to the Silver.

763938.jpg

The hoops were meant to be warn be worn in the match closest to may 12th (the clubs birthday).

i think from memory that before the covid reshuffle it was a home game vs the Carlton in either round 5 or 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back