Preview Round 23, 2022: St.Kilda v Sydney - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 21st August, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Swans

Votes: 33 78.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrible year get some mid fielders in the off season for fk sake

I really can't see the harm in Matt Crouch if he's cheap enough and chase Jake Lloyd from Sydney, he plays down back to free up Sinclair or Hill. He's free agent so just wages. and still only 28.

Gets Sincs on ball and gives you an elite centre man. Crouch replaces Hanners as a senior experienced depth player.

I really can't see the harm in Matt Crouch if he's cheap enough and chase Jake Lloyd from Sydney, he plays down back to free up Sinclair or Hill. He's free agent so just wages. and still only 28.

Gets Sincs on ball and gives you an elite centre man. Crouch replaces Hanners as a senior experienced depth player.
I would rather Bytel in that role then M. Crouch

Sincs should have been moved into the midfield role Friday night

A. Brayshaw been killing it all year at HBF moved into the centre and has had 28-28 -33 and 38 last night

But hey lets just keep doing the same thing over & over, its such a poor coaching box we have

Last edited:
Haven't we learned by now Marshall is only an average forward?

He's absolutely killing it in the ruck in the last 4-6 weeks since Ryder has been gone - Happy for him to keep doing that. (His actual tap work has gone to another level as well)

It's unfortunate for Campbell who's too good for VFL

Campbell has had 10 years to play AFL he is a good VFL player move on on that subject.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I would rather Bytel in that role them M. Crouch

A. Brayshaw been killing it all year at HBF moved into the centre and has had 28-28 -33 and 38 last night

But hey lets just keep doing the same thing over & over, its such a poor coaching box we have

Fact A Brayshaw was going to leave unless he got back in MF his move coincided with his signature.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In King’s defence from an earlier post, I think it must be hard as our marking forwards trying to lead at the kicker. We don’t seem to generate too many pieces of play that result in a reasonably open forward 50 and the ball carrier running in to make that last pass. I would bet there’s many unrewarded leads we don’t see, right before the high ball to his 3 v 1 that we do see.
No idea if it’s just our style, or it’s oppo coaching, or perhaps a bit of both. Every now and then we get a glimpse of it and I reckon that’s when we’re playing our best footy. Just need more of it!

I still can't believe this is the same team that was 8-3 at one point this season. I ******* hate this club.

8-3 front half. Probably 3-8 back half and under 100%.

We'll probably finish in the second worst spot on the ladder. The only shining light left this season is if Carlton finish worse off in 9th :praying: Folks, it's time to pray to your waffles.

The way they're playing right now suggests we'll be lucky to be within 10 goals at the end of the game. Gee they play fantastic footy.
Knowing us, we will turn up and win that game because it makes no difference to us now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In King’s defence from an earlier post, I think it must be hard as our marking forwards trying to lead at the kicker. We don’t seem to generate too many pieces of play that result in a reasonably open forward 50 and the ball carrier running in to make that last pass. I would bet there’s many unrewarded leads we don’t see, right before the high ball to his 3 v 1 that we do see.
No idea if it’s just our style, or it’s oppo coaching, or perhaps a bit of both. Every now and then we get a glimpse of it and I reckon that’s when we’re playing our best footy. Just need more of it!
TBH, you don’t need to say “in King’s defence.”

Most of the ire (after the initial disappointment on Friday night) is reallly directed at the way the coaches use him and the refusal to let him get help externally, considering its well documented that he actually asked for help last year.

Most fair minded supporters are not putting the blame squarely on him.

Yes at times, he could work harder, but he is young and that will come into his game, especially with another pre-season and hopefully a little added bulk and strength to make a contest.

But generally, it’s not Max we are disenchanted with.

The way they're playing right now suggests we'll be lucky to be within 10 goals at the end of the game. Gee they play fantastic footy.

They have so much good youth and all parts are in synch at the moment. They are a real chance at winning a flag.

We struggle to get quick clean clearance from centre bounce, or quick clean transition from defensive 50.
Whenever we do get that quick clean movement is when our forwards look good and we win games.

I would say that they want King to bring it to ground so Higgins or Butler can rover it and snap a goal. But that just doesn't happen.

I would rather Bytel in that role then M. Crouch

Come on, you know it's impossible to move a player that's playing well in 1 position to see if they will be also really good in another position that you need someone with their skills in

We struggle to get quick clean clearance from centre bounce, or quick clean transition from defensive 50.
Whenever we do get that quick clean movement is when our forwards look good and we win games.
We can barely string 3 possessions together anywhere between half back and fullforward

I would say that they want King to bring it to ground so Higgins or Butler can rover it and snap a goal. But that just doesn't happen.
It doesn't happen half the time because all of them go for the same ball
You just have to look at the top sides. They're clean in congestion, they move the ball quickly and get separation with thier forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back