Preview Round 23, 2022: St.Kilda v Sydney - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 21st August, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Swans

Votes: 33 78.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 8, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Android TV, Kodi app. Watch Fox footy. Cost per month zero. Combine it with a VPN like Nord, Cyberhost or Express around $60 per year and get U.S and U.K Netflix catalogue instead of our limited one.

So they tell me. Of course I don't do it. 😉
This interests me immensely, if I can't work out this Kodi thing in a couple months expect a message! Mrs won't let services go, kayo, Netflix, Disney, paramount, binge, Spotify :fire:. Tv is Sony android so good on that front

Will get messy
Yeah its a weird one , maybe they will play out of their skins for the last game or yeah it could go ass up, i think some pain relief before the game will be required

True Believer

All Australian
Jul 6, 2005
My own little world
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Saints
Certainly was his plan. The problem was losing legends and getting 2 ordinary picks instead of one good pick or better still keep the older stars and build around them. It was such a bad time to draft picks because 2 new sides came into the afl.
This is a key factor that so many overlook, or that has been lost in the fog of history. The reason they were trying to "multiply" picks was because we topped up to have multiple flag tilts around a core of elite players. That was absolutely the right thing to do, but the problem was that two new franchises came in to the comp at the same time and completely pillaged multiple drafts.

If you suffered from unfortunate timing of having to rebuild your list around then you, well, you were buggered. That was a contributing factor to the Hawthorn "dynasty", as their opponents were stripped of the chance to rebuild lists and the new franchises were full of the best draftees, but their teams consisted of a load of 18 year olds that were years off being able to win a game of AFL. Free agency came in and the Hawks were off to the races, because any aging player of quality looking for a last shot at a flag had basically one place to go to chase that.....so the Hawks topped up and extended their run at the top by a few years. For all the talk of how well the Hawks were run, they benefitted greatly from the circumstances of the time.

True Believer

All Australian
Jul 6, 2005
My own little world
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Saints
Yep - I've always thought that 11 possessions, 10 hit outs and 3 clearances from 50% game time was enough for him to get another look in when either Marshall or Ryder was unavailable especially given the conditions for that game. Hope he has a good game.

I think Ryder may be done, so I'd sign him up for another year but that will depend a fair bit on whether there's another younger ruck/forward we've got our eyes on.
Or an older ruck/forward ??;)

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I know you disagree on this but Marshall plays his best football as the sole ruck so Campbell has to play mainly forward. Like Marshall he is an ordinary forward. I agree paddy is probably done and they may keep Campbell but the perfect type we would like is a forward ruck like a lobb. That’s why I’d stay clear of Grundy. Again not the type we need. And unfortunately lobb looks bound for the dogs which isn’t good for Brucey.
I would tempt Briggs out of GWS , give DeGoey the contract he wants and grab Amon - these 3 moves makes us stronger.

If Buslinger fell to us in the draft would we take him - tall key defender - expect top 10 player.

Foxtel prices are a disgrace but as I mentioned earlier I have family and friends who watch my Foxtel on Foxtel go and they would kill me if I lowered the package or even worse got rid of it.

Get Binge and give them access.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given Ryder’s gone I think he’s guaranteed to stay

If he's firmly in the backup ruck category, he's probably as good as we can get ( though an almost ready junior would be better ).
If we plan to play him , may the lord have mercy on our souls.

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
Lose by 2 points tomorrow & it’ll be the most average season on record…

• We’ll finish with a percentage of exactly 100.0% (our +/- is currently +2)
  • we’ll finish with a win/loss record of 11-11
  • our season will have been a mirror of itself: 8-3 then 3-8

Last edited:
Gifting Hanners and Kent games who got us no closer to a premiership.

Good old nice St Kilda. I’m so glad we are a nice team and recruit nice players and do nice things, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside at night :)

If we were able to give Geary a send off, he might just grit his teeth and give us a chance of winning the game.

I’d expect they are looking at Campbell tomorrow to make a call on him.
Think he’s worth keeping for development and back up.
I hope Tom gets another year, I doubt you will find a better person than him , has busted his ass all year long at sandy

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
But that’s how stupid we were. We weren’t close to a bottom side. We should have kept everyone and stayed up the top of the ladder. It was so obvious. The only thing in their defence was maybe the players were so mentally shot they knew that was impossible. I’m not even sure the players realised how mentally shot they were. Matter of fact I’m certain. It was still a pathetic time though having those 2 clowns in charge.
Maybe what we really need is a review of the last 15 years regardless with however many people have moved on since.

A deep dive into the decisions that St Kilda people make and why we make them, then a moment of reflection followed by extensive reprogramming to avoid similar paths in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back