Review Round 23, 2023 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I am imagining whether it would be better to beat them in a grand final with a kick after the siren OR flog them by 100 points in a grand final.
The 100 point flogging please ... not only would it be kinder to our delicate-hearted posting fraterninty but there is the awesome possiblility that such a mauling after a season that showed such promise could catastrophically affect their psyche for a decade :cool:

I am imagining whether it would be better to beat them in a grand final with a kick after the siren OR flog them by 100 points in a grand final.
The latter. 2003 was so much better than 2002.

His disposal when under zero pressure is excellent but consistently poor when under pressure
Does that not apply to most players. Maybe not poor as you believe but disposal accuracy does drop off a lot for players under pressure.
Also, the more disposals you get the less likely players disposal efficiency is above 70%.
I was more pointing out that he has shown us more of the Zorko we are used to in the last 3 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t think Rayner’s was that bad but Murphy is very lucky
Has anyone ever been suspended for tunneling? I don't think it's a citeable offence.

Has anyone ever been suspended for tunneling? I don't think it's a citeable offence.
I can’t remember ever seeing one and it’s one we’d all probably remember with it being so rare.

You’d think there would have to be a way to cite a player for pretty much whatever the AFL wants as not every possible action would be listed in the rules.

Would tunnelling fall under rough conduct, certainly the risk of injury is very high.

There was one earlier this year where I think it was Nick Larkey?? Who hip and shouldered someone just after they had left the ground, it looked like a deliberate action and the other fella come down very hard.
I think he was cited but if anything, got off with a fine maybe??
That’s the only one that I can think of.

Unduly rough conduct. Something like that, anyway.
No nothing under rough conduct as written to charge a player for the two media called "tunnelling" incidents.
It is an in the back free kick on both those ones.
However, it would be "rough conduct" if either or both of those players pushed or took them out below their knees while going for those two marks.

Just doing out Charlie Cameron lost 2 front teeth against Richmond.. will he put in for a trade to Collingwood….

Where's this from? How does it work?

I don’t have the exact source but someone from Champion Data did an analysis on player’s kicking including the success of kicks in relation to the difficulty and Zorko was rated as one of the best and certainly the best from Brisbane.

Don’t know the exact source but know someone from Champion Data who told me about it.

Back