Review Round 23, 2023 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies had a third of their best 22 out tonight or lost during the game. Some of these outs will carry to next week. Essendon always goes to the next level against the Pies and are no easy beats especially playing for a chance at finals. I can believe.
Dons lost to GWS by 21 goals today. Probably won't trouble Collingwood
Collingwood supporters around me started with the whole "ah well let's see how you go on the big paddock" even before the end of the game. Yep, I think we picked it like a dirty nose! 🙄

I don’t have the exact source but someone from Champion Data did an analysis on player’s kicking including the success of kicks in relation to the difficulty and Zorko was rated as one of the best and certainly the best from Brisbane.

Don’t know the exact source but know someone from Champion Data who told me about it.

so the level of difficulty is in relation to be under pressure?

so the level of difficulty is in relation to be under pressure?

You make a fair point with that because I wouldn’t know. However, I would assume naturally that pressure is a factor in the difficulty rating but I can’t guarantee that’s how it is done. So you may actually be right that he’s worse under pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dev up to over 33k followers now.
Might be able to start earning money off the back of my this

Surely he would be receiving lots of ‘requests’ and ‘offers’, his girlfriend would not be happy!

Interestingly he has a secondary account in which he posts his photos of vintage buildings……it has 660 followers! :camera:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how different it would be if it was the other way, nice social commentary!
Honestly it really wouldn't be. You see the same comments on women's football and there's little to no discussion about it - there's idiots both ways.

When are the umps going to start penalising that faux tough guy docuhe Maynard with his antics towards them umps.

Harris sticks his arms out and not say a word - "arms out mate is 50" yet Maynard can lose his brain, arms flailing, bossing the umps around and throwing the toys out of the comp and NOTHING!
Maynard should be penalised 50 metres every time he so much as looks at an umpire because his head is rude. That haircut of his is just plain silly at the back.

#Lester200
#FrogMarch
#LesterArmy

Zorko’s use of the ball last night was elite. Watch the game again. His composure and kicking angles to open up the field was nothing short of dynamic.
I saw something from SEN challenging Zorko during the week. I think he answered that is spades.
100% agree. I said something similar earlier. If Zorko is ‘cherry ripe’ during the finals we are a massive chance.

Zorko’s use of the ball last night was elite. Watch the game again. His composure and kicking angles to open up the field was nothing short of dynamic.
I saw something from SEN challenging Zorko during the week. I think he answered that is spades.
He rarely goes sideways or backwards.
Most times looks for a straighter route to goal .
I know he can lose his s**t sometimes when it comes to the niggle , but in this department he is cool and calculated.
So many times just pivoting and finds a kick as you say with angles .

To the eye test Zorko doesn't look as effective when he is on the inside. Just doesn't quite seem able to power through as much these days.

But he looks amazing when slightly more outside. When we get the ball to him in a little bit of space he cuts teams up. Hopefully we keep him fresh and slightly outside to cut teams open through finals. Definitely one of our best decision makers

He also had only 1 centre bounce which i personally feel is the right way to go with Zorko. Use him wisely as his foot-skills, when he doesn't bite too much off, are elite.

He also had only 1 centre bounce which i personally feel is the right way to go with Zorko. Use him wisely as his foot-skills, when he doesn't bite too much off, are elite.

Looked like a set play when he was parked just outside the F50 arc and we kept kicking to him so he can deliver I50. He's lethal off 2 steps and his I50 kicking is second only to McCluggage in our list.

To the eye test Zorko doesn't look as effective when he is on the inside. Just doesn't quite seem able to power through as much these days.

But he looks amazing when slightly more outside. When we get the ball to him in a little bit of space he cuts teams up. Hopefully we keep him fresh and slightly outside to cut teams open through finals. Definitely one of our best decision makers

This big time. Using him purely off the forward flank and as an outside receiver meant we got a lot out of him - particularly in the second and fourth quarter.

This big time. Using him purely off the forward flank and as an outside receiver meant we got a lot out of him - particularly in the second and fourth quarter.

Plus his ability to apply pressure has got back to a decent level so he's doing his bit defensively

Should still retire at seasons end but at least it looks like he'll go out playing some decent footy

Yep Zorko’s kicking skills are incredibly underrated competition wide. One of the best kicks in the comp at hitting tough targets and breaking open the field of play. Also elite going inside 50. If Zorks can get 15-20 possessions just outside our 50 playing half forward flank he’ll be a major weapon in the finals.

He also applied a tonne of defensive pressure at times in that area of the ground making it difficult for the Pies half back flankers to run through and cut us up the other way which their game plan is built on.

Absolutely love Zorks. Happy to admit after the Suns game I thought he may have been on his last legs like Rich and even though his time as a full time mid and top 3 player on our list is now gone, he has proven in a lesser role he is still a gun.

I think people can tend to forget just how good Zorko was in 2016-2018, mainly because we weren’t a great side at the time but during those years he was one of the best to ever pull on a Brisbane Lions jumper. He also cops plenty from opposition fans and even some Lions fans have a bit of a vendetta against him, and I’ll happily admit at times he can cross the line and be a bit of a dick but it stems solely from his competitiveness and want to win for the club. Knowing Zorks on a personal level outside of football once upon a time(before he was in the AFL and his early years at the Lions) I can tell you he is one of the best blokes you could meet, a great, high energy and fun personality. I will die on the hill that Petty and the entire Melbourne club were incredibly soft during that “incident” in Round 23 last year, their egos were hurt that someone else dare take it up to them verbally, they could dish it out but not take it back and the carry on from Petty, Gawn and Richardson afterwards was one of the most pathetic things I’ve seen in my time following football. Zorko was the bigger man in the aftermath and handled the situation very well.

Yep Zorko’s kicking skills are incredibly underrated competition wide. One of the best kicks in the comp at hitting tough targets and breaking open the field of play. Also elite going inside 50. If Zorks can get 15-20 possessions just outside our 50 playing half forward flank he’ll be a major weapon in the finals.

He also applied a tonne of defensive pressure at times in that area of the ground making it difficult for the Pies half back flankers to run through and cut us up the other way which their game plan is built on.

Absolutely love Zorks. Happy to admit after the Suns game I thought he may have been on his last legs like Rich and even though his time as a full time mid and top 3 player on our list is now gone, he has proven in a lesser role he is still a gun.

I think people can tend to forget just how good Zorko was in 2016-2018, mainly because we weren’t a great side at the time but during those years he was one of the best to ever pull on a Brisbane Lions jumper. He also cops plenty from opposition fans and even some Lions fans have a bit of a vendetta against him, and I’ll happily admit at times he can cross the line and be a bit of a dick but it stems solely from his competitiveness and want to win for the club. Knowing Zorks on a personal level outside of football once upon a time(before he was in the AFL and his early years at the Lions) I can tell you he is one of the best blokes you could meet, a great, high energy and fun personality. I will die on the hill that Petty and the entire Melbourne club were incredibly soft during that “incident” in Round 23 last year, their egos were hurt that someone else dare take it up to them verbally, they could dish it out but not take it back and the carry on from Petty, Gawn and Richardson afterwards was one of the most pathetic things I’ve seen in my time following football. Zorko was the bigger man in the aftermath and handled the situation very well.
I am someone that has been relatively critical of our MC.

I am so glad that have seemed to have landed on Zorko NOT being an inside mid / centre clearance player.

He is such a weapon because of how quickly he does things - doesn't pause just gets on with it and catches defenders napping.

Given how important kiddy has become to our movement i would think Zorko is the best replacement for Kiddy if he misses any finals.

Back