Game Day Round 23, 2023 - West Coast vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrific win, really proud and I can't wait till next year. It will be a few years rebuild but we never have and never will stay down for long 💙💛💙💛💙
I mean if we do get the spoon and pick I'm ok with that, but I'm not ok with bagging out the club for WINNING GAMES
You need to post here more often, Wosh mate

You can enjoy your win today but do not even think about complaining about our list in 4 years time when McKercher has left for Tasmania and Reid is about to win his first brownlow.
Don't forget the imagery of Reid coming up and doing what he did in junior days picking fights and our boys with hands in pants alas Hewitt scenario style.

Just proud of the effort today. As much as I liked reid i'd take the win every day of the week.
Builds good habits for the kids coming through especially since our older players likely wont be around for as long as most teams would want.

What a joke. Thorny is definitely my spirit animal and feeling the same way at the moment.

Oh cool cool we all love Simmo again do we? We just going to forget what happened last week when he and the boiz historically embarrassed us in a Derby in front of a home crowd?

I certainly won't forget sitting there at that game when my team was 100pts down and watching McGovern being totally invisible and ineffective on a nobody like Josh Treacy...

But it's cool he can come out like Superman the following week and suddenly look like he cares again, costing us our 1 reward for such a disaster of a season. That's fantastic.

How ironic they can't do it last week in front of their fans against 16th, they couldn't do it against the 18th placed hawks, they haven't done it all year, but let's come out and do it for a game that has a monumental impact on the shaping of our list, potentially for years to come.

For what?

If I had my way Allen wouldn't have even been playing today. Bloke is clearly banged up, everyone knows it, Cripps even confirmed it post game, and putting him on ice would've been a sensible way to manage our situation for 2 more games. But nope.

Not jumping for joy over finishing second last in a season touted as the worst in AFL history. Just made worse with that win.

You can't just pick and choose when to give a s**t.

Essendon have already said they have offered McKay $600k contract. That is not enough to trigger band 1 compo so stop going on about this. They will get end of round one, that’s it.
Then draft Curtin cause they need KP players. Win, win 👍
Brady has said that unless a figure for Mckay can trigger a HIGH first round pick then they will match the offer and he will stay. So 750K is most likely the starting point that is required to get him..

Not sure what I enjoy more, the ranting melts when we lose or the rancid melts when we win.

Some of the melts, both ways, are justified.

Today we won a meaningless game to ensure we miss out on a player described by multiple talent scouts as a generational talent who plays the exact role of our biggest weakness

Celebrating that seems odd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All costs would have included losing today …
I know it isnt the outcome many of us wanted. but you can't coach a player to lose. It goes against any instinct of an elite athlete.

You can enjoy your win today but do not even think about complaining about our list in 4 years time when McKercher has left for Tasmania and Reid is about to win his first brownlow.
As if we'd get a word in anyway.
The same customers will be here throwing their toys out the cot.

I've loved this club since day 1 and I'm always happy for a West Coast win,... But not at the expense of our long term list build and future. I'll always prioritize long term success and benefits for the club over a meaningless and costly sugar hit.

We may or may not have selected Harley Reid at Pick 1... but the draft capital and bargaining power holding Pick 1 in this particular draft (and Pick 19) that we have now lost is massive.

We could have either drafted Reid or traded that pick to secure 2-3 other highly rated kids. Plus the benefits of having that 1st pick of night 2 of the draft... but that's now gone.

Knowing that North is very likely to get a compo pick for McKay, and that they have shown heavy interest in Curtin... and also that Walter will be off the table as an academy pick.. and then add in the fact McKercher is the likely next best target who you can guarantee the new Tassie Club will be throwing absolutely everything at in 4 years time... It's just such a high price we have paid today.

We now just don't have the assets to generate all the extra picks and fast track our rebuild... that we had before this win.

Brady has said that unless a figure for Mckay can trigger a HIGH first round pick then they will match the offer and he will stay. So 750K is most likely the starting point that is required to get him..
Then you're dumber than Essendon.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
'Supporters' melting over a win against a finals bound team away. Pathetic. * off and support loser clubs like Freo, North or Saint Kilda. Absolutely pathetic. This much melting over some 18 year old kid. Grow the * up and be proper supporters or * right off.

Given plenty of us have more time, more experience, more money invested and a vastly greater knowledge of the game than you then perhaps it’s best we just say back at ya you moronic toad.

Jesus Christ on a bike I cant believe we are tearing each other apart because of Reid.

Yeah he'd be a good pickup but its not like he's the sole Chris Judd in a draft full on squibs. Curtin will be a player.

Look at clubs who have historically tanked for picks and tell me how great they are. Melbourne secured a single premiership after nearly 2 decades of being s**t. North are perpetually s**t and pick up a Top 5 pick in the draft every year. Gold Coast have been gifted superstar players since their inception and still havent done anything.

To become a winning side you have to embed a culture of winning and wanting to win. You dont do that by drafting a bunch of kids and letting them get shellacked week after week.

I hope we win next week too and then we clean house over the break.
We won't get Curtin we will have pick 3 more than likely. Gone buy then

Given plenty of us have more time, more experience, more money invested and a vastly greater knowledge of the game than you then perhaps it’s best we just say back at ya you moronic toad.

What a salty post, this is just the icing on the top of the win, reading sooky fans post because we won a game of football😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back