Preview Round 23 - Brisbane Lions vs West Coast Eagles @ The Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so do you guys not tag anymore with Berry? Any chance Robbo/Berry tags Yeo this week? Or would it be shuey?

Hey so do you guys not tag anymore with Berry? Any chance Robbo/Berry tags Yeo this week? Or would it be shuey?

Berry has rarely tagged. Sometimes does more of a defensive job but not a hard tag. We'll back ourselves in as we do most weeks.

Round 23 is always a bit weird for motivations. How much do the Eagles want or need to win? How many players are sore and want a cruisey game versus how many are fighting for selection in the finals? How many of our players just want the season done or are fired up for a last win?

If this was mid season I'd say the Eagles would beat us pretty easy but you just have no idea in the last round

Wouldn't mind seeing one or two of Lyons, Hinge or Wooller given a go in this one. Hinge as a like for like for Witho potentially? Or if they want to move Bailey to the half back flank to cover Witherden's spot and give Lyons a run in the midfield.
I reckon Hinge is more a like for like for Dizzey more so than Witho.....agree would like to see him get a chance but unfortunately he is out for the season. Has shown a bit.

Not Trolling,
The ladder position does not suit where the Lions are at.
You have a great coach and some very very classy young players.
Big future ahead in my opinion.

Thanks mate!

I'd really like Lyons to get a game. Probably at the expense of Starcevich who's got a bit of experience now but doesn't contribute a lot. Alternatively drop Lewy Taylor.

Nah give a kid a game in place of Lester. We know his limitations. Squizzy averages a goal a game. Then again if it is wet it will slow things down and Ryan could be useful in close.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In: McInerney, Mayes, CBeams
Out: Witherden, Lester, Starcevich

Too much confidence in Bailey back. He might get blown away vs WCE half forwards. Christensen too. Mayes comes in to fill Witherden’s role.
CBeams consistently best in 2s though probably to be delisted so won’t be picked. If he does get a go, goes into half forward/midfield rotation

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Eagles will probably have to win to guarantee a home final, they will be plenty motivated.

They will be overmotivated and spend all their energy in the change rooms punching walls before the game, not to mention each other.

Lions by 115 ponts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe he's been there for that long!

I don't see him getting called back up but would love it.
What surprised me after a quick glance over his career stats is that he played 9 senior games last year. I couldn't recall any of his games from last season to be honest and would've thought he'd only played 1 or 2.

What surprised me after a quick glance over his career stats is that he played 9 senior games last year. I couldn't recall any of his games from last season to be honest and would've thought he'd only played 1 or 2.

He had some decent games last year. Nothing mind blowing but rock solid. If his pace wasn't shot I truly think he'd be a player. Alas, it doesn't work out for everyone and 9 years is an awesome career as an AFL footballer on good money, even if it is as a depth player.

Injuries certainly cruelled Claye’s career given if I’m not mistaken he has only played 54 games across those 9 years.

Credit to him though; unless you’re significantly respected by the club, you otherwise don’t ordinarily stay on a list for that length of time based on those numbers.

Claye normally plays well when not injured. Lost his pace. He is still young not sure we keep him around for a just in case player. Has great skills.

For me its Witho out and Lyons in ahead of Claye just.
Not sure who you drop for the Big O. Lester had a good game last week.

G'Day all. Have loved watching the lions improve this year. Have a soft spot for Brisbane from watching you 3peat in 01-03. Genuinely would like to see you guys up and about again terrorizing the rest of the comp. Just not this week please! ;)

G'Day all. Have loved watching the lions improve this year. Have a soft spot for Brisbane from watching you 3peat in 01-03. Genuinely would like to see you guys up and about again terrorizing the rest of the comp. Just not this week please! ;)

If Darling and Kennedy aren't playing and Martin back in career best form, we will dominate you in the centre and Andrews will mark/spoil everyth you throw at us. You're doomed and will face the Hawks at the G.

Of course, I may have just made that all up, but you won't know until the weekend! ;)

On a side note - if Oscar Allen gets to play, I'd love to see how he goes live. Was a big fan of his in his draft year.

If Darling and Kennedy aren't playing and Martin back in career best form, we will dominate you in the centre and Andrews will mark/spoil everyth you throw at us. You're doomed and will face the Hawks at the G.

Of course, I may have just made that all up, but you won't know until the weekend! ;)
Based on last week, we will not be dominating the centre clearance (I know you were joking btw).

If Darling stays out with concusiion, then they will throw McGovern forward which will help us dramatically as l reckon Andrews can coveer him fairly easily and it will stop him from marking everything in our forward 50. However, usually most concussed guys are ready to go the next week.

On a side note - if Oscar Allen gets to play, I'd love to see how he goes live. Was a big fan of his in his draft year.
Has just played the one game for us this year down back but he really impressed and looks set to be a great player. But with Darling likely to play, and Jake Waterman ahead of him in development you're unlikely to see him this weekend I would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back