Prediction Round 23: Changes Vs Port Adelaide + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They might bring Erasmus into the 22 next week. Corbett will get a stay of execution if Sonny is ruled out by the AFL

They might bring Erasmus into the 22 next week. Corbett will get a stay of execution if Sonny is ruled out by the AFL
Would rather Erasmus is dropped to qualify for Peel finals, he is so far below the level right now, needs as many games as he can get and peel should play 2 finals atleast, which extends his season

I think Corbett know he’s just a placeholder on this team. He’s enjoying himself with a smile on his face.
But yeah, once things get serious again in round 1 next year he will very obviously be back at peel.

Out: Walters (suspended) Corbett
In: Banfield, Reidy

I really want to see what Treacy, Amiss & Sturt look like as full time forwards against decent opposition without Treacy having to go into the ruck.
Reidy can give Jackson a decent chop out in the ruck and also kicked a great goal from deep in the pocket for peel, let’s see what he’s got at AFL level.
Banfield plays better as a medium forward, not as 3rd tall.

Corbett is a great club man, really selfless, brings positivity to everything and does the team thing. You absolutely want those kinds of guys around particularly when things are tough. Whilst he himself hasn't done so well, our forward line has definitely benefited from him being there as Longmuir has pointed out towards the end of this season as we have turned our form around a bit. Whether it is the right time to drop him, I don't know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we give Emmett a game in Corbett’s place?

Emmett didn't have a great game against Claremont and Taberner has been promising for the last two games, so I think we would play him (Taberner) in place of Corbett if we were going to replace him (and Banfield was already in for Walters). The other long bow option would be Reidy who played well down forward and in the ruck against a fired-up Claremont yesterday.

Corbett is a great club man, really selfless, brings positivity to everything and does the team thing. You absolutely want those kinds of guys around particularly when things are tough. Whilst he himself hasn't done so well, our forward line has definitely benefited from him being there as Longmuir has pointed out towards the end of this season as we have turned our form around a bit. Whether it is the right time to drop him, I don't know.
He was subbed out so that could be an indicator. Sure JL didn’t really eloborate and made some comments around he has been having some troubles with his body or something and that it was hard call to sub someone out as they wanted to get Erasmus into the game. May well be 100% true but looking at Corbett he wasn’t having too much trouble moving around afterwards and had no ice. Yes he is a nice guy and very good encourager especially with his high fives and low tens but he really doesn’t do much or impact much ever. The structure is better indeed. I’d suggest they only change if they feel him being replaced helps the team. Not sure Banfield is a like for like replacement. Reidy or Tabs would be more likely. Tabs underdone but an improved showing next week May see him come in for Hawks at MCG where tall forwards work well. Reidy would be good to see her a game before season is out but I felt Treacy has continued to improve his ruck work to be honest.

Banfield would be in the mix along with Emmett to replace Walters. Potentially a swan song game for Colyer. I really doubt and prefer not myself. Emmett l needs to tidy up disposal and Banfield was one of our best. We could shuffle the magnets a bit and reduce Swita’s on ball rotation and bring Will Brodie in.

I favour Erasmus in or Banfield in. Will Brodie might be a good Sun option.

I'm hoping that they are selecting with their minds firmly set on the team for 2024 rather than winning again in 2023. We've got a couple of games to try some radical ideas out and see how they go. These opportunities rarely present.

Out: Walters (susp.), Sturt (inj.), Corbett (omitted)
In: Banfield, Erasmus, ?????

Who is Port rucking these days?

Can’t decide on Reidy or just crossing fingers that Sturt isn’t hurt as bad as he looked. Was limping a lot during the 4th quarter. I’d be surprised if he can get up.

Out: Corbett, Walters ( suspension) Ras/ MJ

In:

Banners. Deserves recall after BOG for peel yesterday. Should have kicked 6, one missed was absolute gimme.

Tabs. Looked good in the 1st quarter yesterday for peel. Taking marks and accurate and seems to be moving ok. Faded as the game went on. Concern is how he impacts the existing developing fwd line. If he could stay out of amiss way, that would be great. Play in the goal square or up the ground as the link around the wing.

Reidy: if not Tabs. Was quite good yesterday, particular around the ground. Would like to see how he would go as a backup ruck, so we don't need have Treacy playing that role and staying in the fwd line or possibly on occassions in the centre, if we are getting monstered in there

Brodie. Had decent game yesterday. Would like to see how the midfield works with him back in, after being scapegoated early on in the season.. Now that we know what JOM brings and having Young in

Emmett didn't have a great game against Claremont and Taberner has been promising for the last two games, so I think we would play him (Taberner) in place of Corbett if we were going to replace him (and Banfield was already in for Walters). The other long bow option would be Reidy who played well down forward and in the ruck against a fired-up Claremont yesterday.
Reidy would absolutely provide more than Corbett, good call. I’m all for structure but the dude is so far off AFL level it’s not funny

Out: Walters (susp.), Sturt (inj.), Corbett (omitted)
In: Banfield, Erasmus, ?????

Who is Port rucking these days?

Can’t decide on Reidy or just crossing fingers that Sturt isn’t hurt as bad as he looked. Was limping a lot during the 4th quarter. I’d be surprised if he can get up.
‘Scuse me, wot?

What happened?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back