Prediction Round 23: Changes Vs St. Kilda + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Fremantle will play at Blundstone Arena for the first time with the AFL moving the Club’s round 23 clash against St Kilda to the Hobart Venue.'

Good, bad or indifferent?
Good. This is a St Kilda home game that could have been played in Melbourne. We asked for a venue change so we wouldn't have to quarantine.

The AFL listened and granted our request.

Good. This is a St Kilda home game that could have been played in Melbourne. We asked for a venue change so we wouldn't have to quarantine.

The AFL listened and granted our request.

I am looking forward to how the AFL screw us over next year though with the draw.

Probably a trip to Ballarat to play the Dogs.

The only place the AFL havent sent us to yet.

Nothing wrong with hobart this week though.

St kilda are 0-3 there against north

Yeah, but isnt that the "fly-in the day before, quarantine/isolate, play the game, fly-out" approach or have I missed a whole thing on this
Nope, all teams travelling to WA from covid affected states have had to quarantine for 7 days before playing. Hence why there has been two Monday night games over here. West Coast have played both North and Melbourne to allow for both of those clubs to quarantine for the 7 days.

Nope, all teams travelling to WA from covid affected states have had to quarantine for 7 days before playing. Hence why there has been two Monday night games over here. West Coast have played both North and Melbourne to allow for both of those clubs to quarantine for the 7 days.
Ahh right, thanks for the clear up

I would like them to give NOD a game so he gets that experience leading into pre-season. I dont think playing one debutant will decide the end result but i dont we will risk it

Changes will probably be
Brayshaw comes in Blakely.
Bewley remains the sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like them to give NOD a game so he gets that experience leading into pre-season. I dont think playing one debutant will decide the end result but i dont we will risk it

Changes will probably be
Brayshaw comes in Blakely.
Bewley remains the sub
Dude hasn't played in a month, no chance as much as we would all like to see it.

The game is on a Sunday. similar forecast. 7-16 with 20-30K north-west winds. It is always windier at the ground and so, will be a normal scrappy Tassie match. But it has been far worst. probably be worth only a couple of goals to one side of the ground, give or take

Good thing this wasn't last week. We had gusts of over 100K, 20mm of rain which then turned into snow above 600m.

good to see Tassies 3rd tenant club is back for your 14th game down here, the most of any club bar the ones we pay/paid. Good luck on the weekend.
Need a game at Darwin? I think it is and we’re the club that has played at every possible ground in AFL. Will be the 22nd venue in 27 years
Meanwhile Collingwood probably haven’t played at more then 10 in their 100+ years. Go figure

How's everyone feeling a couple of days after the Derby?

I for one am stoked but I wonder how we'll all be if we win this weekend and miss out on finals. I reckon there will be some healthy frustration on this board at dropping 2 games against Carlton.

Or somehow we win and actually play finals too, I'm calling it the Eddie Betts factor.

Gil: "St Kilda playing Rd 23 in Tasmania isn't an indication they'll be moving there permanently"

...turns to face mini-Gil...

Gil (smiles and semi whispers): "Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha (evil laugh)."

'Fremantle will play at Blundstone Arena for the first time with the AFL moving the Club’s round 23 clash against St Kilda to the Hobart Venue.'

Good, bad or indifferent?
This venue and Digger Dawes Oval in Boulder are the only two venues in Australia where Fremantle haven't played.
A good source tells me Digger Dawes Oval will be on our schedule next year.
:):):)

I for one am stoked but I wonder how we'll all be if we win this weekend and miss out on finals. I reckon there will be some healthy frustration on this board at dropping 2 games against Carlton.

Or somehow we win and actually play finals too, I'm calling it the Eddie Betts factor.

If we win and miss out I won’t be bitter. If we made it I think the spanking we would get in week 1 would be crushing. Frustrating to drop a couple of games this year through poor kicking that may have cost us that chance, but if we finish on 10-11wins and a percentage over 90 (maybe dreaming) I’ll be happy.

If we get demolished by the Saints in Tassie I may do a Terry Wallet and spew up.

I think the pies might be our best bet, they often get up and play a good game no matter where they are on the table vs the bombers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back