Review Round 23: Dees v Handbaggers & Dangerwank: the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A very young team, 10 wins for the season playing for nothing against a much more advanced and developed opposition who are preparing for finals.

The only thing we can now do is to look forward to next season and see what this group can do with another pre season behind them

Not here to troll, but asking seriously - Is the Melbourne "improvement" real, or are you really just in the same spot you were five years ago? There's signs that 2015-2016 is this just 2010-2011 all over again.

At the start of 2017, they'll have a respected assistant taking over the head coaching role, just as they did in 2012. There is a lot of promise about the place for when Simon Goodwin takes over the reigns, but there was when Mark Neeld came in as well, and we all know how that turned out. I know the Demons have basically have had to start from the bottom twice now, but I'm not entirely convinced this group of youngsters is any better or more promising to take the club forward than the previous lots (some of whom are now senior players, many of whom have left or faded away).

What a s**t way to end the season. And now the opposition supporters have gone back to talking about how we haven't improved in at all under Paul Roos.

* I hate this club sometimes

Not here to troll, but asking seriously - Is the Melbourne "improvement" real, or are you really just in the same spot you were five years ago? There's signs that 2015-2016 is this just 2010-2011 all over again.

At the start of 2017, they'll have a respected assistant taking over the head coaching role, just as they did in 2012. There is a lot of promise about the place for when Simon Goodwin takes over the reigns, but there was when Mark Neeld came in as well, and we all know how that turned out. I know the Demons have basically have had to start from the bottom twice now, but I'm not entirely convinced this group of youngsters is any better or more promising to take the club forward than the previous lots (some of whom are now senior players, many of whom have left or faded away).

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and take you seriously.

To answer your question go back and look how we were playing back then. We were playing a style that was ok against poor opposition but were easily dismantled by better teams. It's completely different now.

For the majority of the year we've fielded the youngest team and only once did the opposition have a lower average games played.

But honestly, anyone who questions that we've improved has either nfi about football, has completely forgotten how bad we were under Neeld or is trolling.

Fugly: 111 point loss.
Good: it won't be the worst loss of rd 23.

Super fugly: way to finish what was a great year for the club. And what a springboard of hope for the fans in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have really only had two blowouts this year. In 2010/11 every second week was a blowout

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and take you seriously.

To answer your question go back and look how we were playing back then. We were playing a style that was ok against poor opposition but were easily dismantled by better teams. It's completely different now.

For the majority of the year we've fielded the youngest team and only once did the opposition have a lower average games played.

But honestly, anyone who questions that we've improved has either nfi about football, has completely forgotten how bad we were under Neeld or is trolling.

Well obviously you've improved from where you were with Neeld, and there's more consistency than in 2010/2011, but you're essentially still back to where you were at the end of 2011, with a new coach and the assumption that finals could come next year. I'm not entirely confident that it's just going to be a continual rise, that's all.

What signs? The only similarities are a young team who wears red and blue and is rebuilding. We were flat track bullies under Bailey, ESPECIALLY 2011.

Well obviously you've improved from where you were with Neeld, and there's more consistency than in 2010/2011, but you're essentially still back to where you were at the end of 2011, with a new coach and the assumption that finals could come next year. I'm not entirely confident that it's just going to be a continual rise, that's all.

No-one has guaranteed finals for us next year, ffs most of this board thinks 2018 is more likely. I don't see many teams dropping out of the 8 next year and the saints are probably the best chance to make it in. I've got us ahead of the rest of the bottom 10 except Port and perhaps the GC if they click, but as I said North will be the only team who drops out.

* off mate

Your confidence about us or lack of it is irrelevant, but seriously, only a Collingwood fan could get confused when trying to compare a group of players led by Cale Morton and Jorden Gysberts to Hogan, Petracca, Brayshaw, Gawn, Oliver, Weideman, Hunt etc.

I've seen you try to peddle this crap before, i thought you were trolling then, now i'm not quite so sure. I think there's another explanation

Get a clue or * off.

20130109.0.png

Very disappointing that we manage to avoid a major flogging all year then get done by 100+ at the end. Team still has a loooong way to go. Good teams do not get flogged like this.

Welcome to Australia, mate. You've obviously still got a lot to learn about our national game, but it's really good to see that you're taking an interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back