Round 23 Discussion - Grand Final Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
That moment when you check your two cash leagues, playing for $1300 in total, and find out both opponents have Sloane.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Currently ranked 16,883..

Would bloody love a top 15k finish !

I'm hoping for some carnage this week and I need to Steven Bradbury it! :cool:

buuuut I'll probably score 1900 and end the season ranked 20k+ :(

Feb 2, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Miami Heat
upload_2016-8-24_9-5-30.png

Finals in my cash league and it's a tight one - I have Birchall on my bench so there's a good chance I'll loophole Bartel. Also have the 1 trade up my sleeve to do some Sunday magic... Apart from that think my opponent has the edge just on a player v player basis (although mine outscored his last week).

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
So thinking about strategy coming into the GF, so long as there is no carnage, I've been thinking.. All 3 of my cashie opponents have a player I don't.. Would it be a dick move to trade him in just to nullify that players score... Or smart ??
Depends who that player is and who they are playing and where, weather, tag???

So thinking about strategy coming into the GF, so long as there is no carnage, I've been thinking.. All 3 of my cashie opponents have a player I don't.. Would it be a dick move to trade him in just to nullify that players score... Or smart ??

Yes, trade in Gibson and Boomer.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

It would be a dick move to avoid a trade that can maximise your chances of winning.

I would do it in a heartbeat. But as a slight underdog, makes sense for me to differentiate.

Amazing Bombers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
They will all play and North will want to win to send them off.
Surprised they're moving on Boomer, guess he will probably retire now.
Yeah, reckon so, too. Genuinely surprised on Boomer, he is still performing at a high standard.

If it reduces the variables in your favour a la captain negation and he's not likely to pull out an absolute turkey score, why not.
Playing for sheep stations this week.

You would have to nail your captain.
Can I recommend a player who scored a massive 2 the other week. Scott Lycett.

Followed up by the best score of all rucks the following week :thumbsu:

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

If the rest of your team is better than his, do it to lessen his opportunity to overcome the disadvantage. If the rest of your team is worse and there is a better trade alternative, don't. You will need PODs.

Geez OP must be in some shithouse cash leagues. Barely left the starting gates in Tragics.
Tragics 1?? Scored 200 points less than 4th place but 700 points more against. Third highest score against. Luck of the draw.

Grand Final in Tragics 2 - league ranked 815.

Ironically half the people that liked your post have been eliminated from Tragics 2. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back