Round 23 Discussion - Grand Final Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2585. Saved the best for last. Finished rank of 11,745.

It was a tough year with a slow start out the blocks, and I never recovered. Killed with injuries, poor trades & poor performing spec picks. Had a lot of bad luck so I'm glad it's come to an end.

Congrats to Seymour Skinner for his 7th overall finish. A fantastic effort bud. toxic 155th a great effort also bud. To all of you who finished high up and had season bests, well done.

Special thanks to those running comps and to Keg on legs for organizing the freeze MND charity round.

Big props to ALL you campaigners with your daily banter and advice. Thats why this is the #1 forum in BF. Till next year, take care and adios.

The overall leader coming into the round got pipped by nine points in the end by the number 6 on the back of a 2,683 in the final round. Close finish.

2328 lost my two grand finals and dropped another 899 places to finish 3306 overall. :(

Word to the wise, don't blow all you trades by round 18. Also had a terrible run with my VC and C picks through the finals. Gawn VC and Parker C this week.

Thanks for tips and entertainment, guys. Congrats to Seymour and all the others that have finished top 500.

Just nabbed me. Blew out to 548.

Bloody Gunston.
2437 for the GF
Won 3/7 leagues
Lost my main league..

277 overall. Slipped in the last few weeks but my best ever finish.
Don't kid yourself. SC finals footy is a different animal.(bloody Buddy)

Lowlights
Gunston(48)
Sloane(unfairly suspended for bashing a tagger)
Johannisen(84 from 27 posi WTF)

MAD SUNDEEMUNDEE

some_people_that_are_clearly_on_drugs_13.gif

What's the prize for winning BF div 14?
$1k? $2k?

Great year from all. We'll done Seymour Skinner and Toxic.

Thanks for the laughs from all you drunken campaigners. So many funny carnts on here.
Gingys meltdown was epic.

Back in Aus next year, so I'll be able to watch foity, play SC seriously and be on the forum a bit more hopefully.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Spent half my weekend worrying about VC/C decisions. Turns out none of them would have made a difference. Your team comprehensively outplayed mine.

2356 for the round, finished 5632 overall. Couldn't hold on to a top 5k spot. Lost all 3 GFs. The upside was that I made 3 GFs. So that's something.

Thanks all here for a highly entertaining and informative SC season. BF makes a huge improvement to the experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty happy with my finish. Jumped about 3000 places in the last few weeks with no trades left.
Adam Treloar in for Libba with my last trade also paid off.
Bring on 2017!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 6
Some great results here, well done guys.

645th here. Little disappointed, prob coulda / shoulda finished higher being ranked better earlier in season. Maybe hugged some trades a bit too tight in end. Still managed to make a decent profit in cash leagues though.

Bring on next season!

The mediocrity continued to the very end.
Scored 2476, including not logging on/caring enough to take Danger's VC score.
Finished 1747 overall. Still my highest ever finish, but could've been better with some errors/laziness costing me.
Great year everyone. Congrats to all those BF peeps finishing high in the overall rankings. Seymour Skinner , toxic , enobrien , and all the others I'm forgetting. BF's best year perhaps?

You'll find me enjoying the comedy in the Draft, Trading and Free Agency thread for the next few weeks. Some real reptiles over there. Should be fun.
Update from last week...Jarrod Witts to return a 1st rd pick, and Hawthorn to pay Vickery a higher salary simply because Richmond will ask them politely to in order to secure themselves higher FA compensation...Comedy Gold I tells ya

Finished the year with a 2478 and ranked 9079, my worst ranking in about 4 years.

I didn't have many scores below 2000 but not many over 2300, it was all a bit meh for me in 2016.

Finished in prelim in both of my cash leagues (including Tragics 2) so all up I'll get about $250 back from $150 outlay, better than a kick up the bum and it will also cover my Gunners ticket :)

Thanks to everyone for the laughs, the banter and advice along the journey, but I'm looking forward to the break from SC and hopefully seeing my mob go all the way.

I look forward to the first day of preseason :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back