NRL Round 23 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Some pretty important games as we head into the final few rounds. Lots of pressure on the Titans, Panthers, Warriors and Tigers for a couple of spots in the 8.

On Thursday night the Bulldogs should be too good for Manly in another crunch game the Sea Eagles must win to stay in the race for the 8.

Friday night has the Broncos up against an Eels side who will be playing knowing they've got nothing to lose if they throw the ball around. Upset on the cards here.

A very big super Saturday awaits with the Tigers v Titans game being huge with a vital break awaiting the winner. The Warriors have the perfect opportunity to consolidate a place in the 8 with a game against Souths, while the Dragons host fierce rivals Cronulla.

Sunday should see two contrasting games with the Panthers being too good for the Knights and an intriguing game awaits as the Roosters play the Cowboys.

Really looking forward to MNF and the Raiders v Storm game. Two in form sides with one looking to consolidate top spot and the other a top 4 spot. Got a feeling the Raiders might get up here.

So,

Bulldogs
Brisbane
Tigers
Warriors
Sharks
Panthers
Cowboys
Raiders

Ripper game tonight with the Bulldogs very lucky to come out on top thanks to an absolute howler in overtime. That all but ends the Sea Eagles this season.

Damn, hot start from the Raiders!

I'm glad, I've been super excited for this game all weekend!

:rolleyes: * me.

This is why I try to avoid watching Storm games, and why I never go to them despite being about a 15 minute train ride from AAMI Park - they get the benefit of the refereeing pretty much every single week.

Are referees that insecure that they need Cameron Smith's admiration? They're offside on 5 of 6 play the balls, then they get penalties awarded in their favor for tiny, sometimes non existent infractions.

Might be the best win I've seen in the 9 years since I originally moved to Canberra and started following them. The defence was super human tonight. Given that was our Achilles heel earlier in the season, the fact it's been so good over the last 3 weeks is grounds for some excitement.

Even better when you consider the half dozen ridiculous ruck penalties that the Storm got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent win for the Raiders. Great crowd for a Monday night too. Should be heaps there on Sunday for the Eels.

At least 20k I think/hope. There isn't a city in Australia that loves a bandwagon like Canberra!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back