NRL Round 23 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Not long to go now for long suffering fans of the not so good teams and some decent games ahead.

Thursday night kicks us off with the Rabbits hosting the Bulldogs. Souths should win, but who
knows.

Friday nights double header should be great watching. The Eels and Knights get us under way and that's followed up by the Broncos v Sharks.

Super Saturday's line up has the Dragons v Titans in a must win game, a top of the table clash which should be an absolute ripper has the Storm hosting the Roosters and finally it's Panthers v Cowboys.

Sunday's line up has the hap/hopeless Warriors against Canberra and then the Tigers face the Sea Eagles to wrap things up.

Enjoy your weekend.

Every week I say, the Bulldogs are rubbish, but this was surely a new low even for them. Lets all cluster round the goal-posts defending our line and leave a 5 on 2 in the wide open spaces! Lets have a prop at first receiver on our final plays! They just don't seem to have a clue in either attack or defence. They look the worst side in the comp by a distance. And they've just given their coach a new deal? WTF?

just when I though we were on the improve and genuine top 4 contenders, we put in a performance worthy of our wooden spoon years.

ABSOLUTELY F***IN' PATHETIC PARRA!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Guys,
I just started following League and the NRL and it seems really fun, physical and plain awesome. I've spent the better part of the last three weeks trying to get up to speed with the rules, positions, strategy and tactics, I have a simple question for you'll (sorry if it's really simple and juvenile but I just started following the game).
I was watching the Storm vs Roosters game and in the last 5 minutes the Storm were awarded 7 tackles in attack twice, and for the life of me I cant figure out why. And that pretty much took the game away from the Rooster who I was rooting for :(
In the first instance the Roosters kicked the ball on their final possession and it bounced in the Storm In-Goal area and went past the dead ball line and the Storm were awarded 7 tackles instead of 6, shouldn't this play have just resulted in the Storm starting from their 20 with 6 tackles?
I know this ties in with the Zero tackle rule but I'm having a hard time figuring it out.
Would really appreciate any help/pointers you guys can give me on this one.
Thank You

Hey Guys,
I just started following League and the NRL and it seems really fun, physical and plain awesome. I've spent the better part of the last three weeks trying to get up to speed with the rules, positions, strategy and tactics, I have a simple question for you'll (sorry if it's really simple and juvenile but I just started following the game).
I was watching the Storm vs Roosters game and in the last 5 minutes the Storm were awarded 7 tackles in attack twice, and for the life of me I cant figure out why. And that pretty much took the game away from the Rooster who I was rooting for :(
In the first instance the Roosters kicked the ball on their final possession and it bounced in the Storm In-Goal area and went past the dead ball line and the Storm were awarded 7 tackles instead of 6, shouldn't this play have just resulted in the Storm starting from their 20 with 6 tackles?
I know this ties in with the Zero tackle rule but I'm having a hard time figuring it out.
Would really appreciate any help/pointers you guys can give me on this one.
Thank You

Hi and welcome to the board.

That's actually the rule. If the attacking side kicks it dead, the defending/next attacking side gets a 7 tackle set.

laxmanv this thread is a great learning tool, but always feel free to ask anything you like.

Link
Hey AuckMel,

The link you mentioned that's exactly where I started my League education from and why i ended up joining bigfooty :) The wiki link for Rugby league gameplay does define the zero tackle rule but not what I saw. But you perfectly explained that part.

Thanks again for your pointers.

Next step for me will be to find a amateur/social club in Brisbane that plays league and will be cool with letting a 34 year old with no prior rugby experience of any kind play with them.
Really keen to try and actually play the game too :)

Hey AuckMel,

The link you mentioned that's exactly where I started my League education from and why i ended up joining bigfooty :) The wiki link for Rugby league gameplay does define the zero tackle rule but not what I saw. But you perfectly explained that part.

Thanks again for your pointers.

Next step for me will be to find a amateur/social club in Brisbane that plays league and will be cool with letting a 34 year old with no prior rugby experience of any kind play with them.
Really keen to try and actually play the game too :)

No worries mate. Lots of good posters here who will be more than happy to help. Good luck finding a club, I'm pretty sure you won't have too many troubles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back