Preview Round 23: Essendon vs Collingwood, MCG, Sunday 22/08/2021 @ 3:20 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So potentially, if we make it and play the Doggies.

It will be at a neutral venue (someone on blitz mentioned Doggies had nominated AO).

Their big change from the last time we played them would be Bruce out and Stef Martin back in to ruck?

Whereas we’d have McGrath back in and potentially Langford, Caldwell and Jones?

Not getting carried away though. We need to be focused on the Pies and trying to get the win.
Alex Keath too.

Given West Coast are unlikely to score above 80, a 25 point win would be enough.
Maybe. I'm done predicting anything!

Can someone explain to me why the fu** we aren't playing Saturday instead of haw v rich?
The AFL really screwed us yet again
Exactly, the only team in the 8 playing Sunday.
100% agree. If things go as we expect, dogs will have a 2 day longer break heading into a final. Not only that, but aren't all finals played on Friday and Saturday? If we make finals, we could have a 6 day break compared to 8. BS.

100% agree. If things go as we expect, dogs will have a 2 day longer break heading into a final. Not only that, but aren't all finals played on Friday and Saturday? If we make finals, we could have a 6 day break compared to 8. BS.

I thought finals were

Friday night.
Saturday day and night.
Sunday day.

I thought finals were

Friday night.
Saturday day and night.
Sunday day.
Haven't they been Thursday, Friday, Saturday day, Saturday night recently? But that may be because of the bye leading in to finals. I'll have to check.

Edit. The last 2 years the first week of finals has been Thursday night, Friday night, 2 games on the Saturday.

Most likely due to channel 7. They'll have wanted three games that determine the make up of finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game is not a given, with further restrictions upon Victoria we don't know how the players are mentally handling it.

Everyone's arse is dragging along the ground from depression
I'm not one for counting my chickens, but we've got this one. Not worried.

Most likely due to channel 7. They'll have wanted three games that determine the make up of finals.
It’s crazy we let Ch 7 knobs dictate to this extent. Most pro sports overseas have last round on same time or at least same day. EPL and most all other major euro leagues for example, NFL another.

It’s crazy we let Ch 7 knobs dictate to this extent. Most pro sports overseas have last round on same time or at least same day. EPL and most all other major euro leagues for example, NFL another.
I agree. I want it to happen but as others have mentioned, they'll never do it stupidly enough

The AFL want the season to tick down to the last moments, so no surprise we're on Sunday. It's a huge advantage knowing what you need to do to make it (you can alter your team selection if it's already in the bank).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back