Do we get within 10 goals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I legitimately forget there’s a game on this week
Crazy, isn't it?

In case anyone was wondering, I couldn't be *ed doing the preview when all the s**t went down
I keep wondering how far down the main page this thread might fall and made a mental note to bump it if it does :sweatsmile:

If we get any retirement announcements later in the week we might have send off game vibes to keep this thread interesting for a few minutes.

I keep wondering how far down the main page this thread might fall and made a mental note to bump it if it does :sweatsmile:

If we get any retirement announcements later in the week we might have send off game vibes to keep this thread interesting for a few minutes.
Looking at you Hurley...

Hello,

Just wanted to wish your mob good fortune for the weekend. I know this year as well as recent seasons haven’t been easy. This year my dad passed away. He was Essendon through and through. He came out to Australia in 1974 from Glasgow to service the then teacher shortage in Victoria. After spending 12 months in Donald he moved to North Essendon near Glenbervie Station. He had 2 flat mates, one a Carlton supporter, the other Essendon. Teaching at Essendon High and being walking distance from Windy Hill swayed him. He attended the 84-85 Grand Finals and in his later years enjoyed watching the Bombers on TV. The first game he ever took me to as a kid was the Sheedy jacket waving game against West Coast. My dad had a real zest for life, I’d talk to him on the phone for about an hour a week and we’d chat footy, other sports and solve the rest of the world’s problems together. The end came quicker than we all thought, a health scare around last Christmas turned into an unending avalanche of issues over the next four months. Towards the end of his life, it was hard for dad to accept the extreme loss of independence he had endured and his life had indeed become very difficult. But, one of the simple pleasures that he was still able to enjoy was watching the Dons game and other matches with his sons from his bed in the Palliative Care ward at Peter Mac. I watched the Adelaide win with him. The Freo game was disappointing but it was good to have time together. He passed away just under 24 hours before the ANZAC day match.

Sorry if that was too self-indulgent but perhaps the solace that can come from a s**t year in footy is watching with a friend, enjoying a win for what it is, or taking pleasure in seeing a young player emerge or even a good passage of play. Good luck, go well on the weekend and beyond.

Hello,

Just wanted to wish your mob good fortune for the weekend. I know this year as well as recent seasons haven’t been easy. This year my dad passed away. He was Essendon through and through. He came out to Australia in 1974 from Glasgow to service the then teacher shortage in Victoria. After spending 12 months in Donald he moved to North Essendon near Glenbervie Station. He had 2 flat mates, one a Carlton supporter, the other Essendon. Teaching at Essendon High and being walking distance from Windy Hill swayed him. He attended the 84-85 Grand Finals and in his later years enjoyed watching the Bombers on TV. The first game he ever took me to as a kid was the Sheedy jacket waving game against West Coast. My dad had a real zest for life, I’d talk to him on the phone for about an hour a week and we’d chat footy, other sports and solve the rest of the world’s problems together. The end came quicker than we all thought, a health scare around last Christmas turned into an unending avalanche of issues over the next four months. Towards the end of his life, it was hard for dad to accept the extreme loss of independence he had endured and his life had indeed become very difficult. But, one of the simple pleasures that he was still able to enjoy was watching the Dons game and other matches with his sons from his bed in the Palliative Care ward at Peter Mac. I watched the Adelaide win with him. The Freo game was disappointing but it was good to have time together. He passed away just under 24 hours before the ANZAC day match.

Sorry if that was too self-indulgent but perhaps the solace that can come from a s**t year in footy is watching with a friend, enjoying a win for what it is, or taking pleasure in seeing a young player emerge or even a good passage of play. Good luck, go well on the weekend and beyond.

Lovely post.

Sorry for your loss.

Go Tigers
the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

Hello,

This post is a firm reminder that as much as we all ove footy and our footy club it is only a game
family and love always top it

Hello,

Beautiful words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys think there will be a dead coach bounce if truck gets sacked ?
seems to happen against Richmond more than any other club
we can't even get that right

he'll coach, we'll lose in one of the flatter performances of the last 15 years (and that's saying something), then we'll sack him monday.

Im really hoping its a hard hard game and even wouldnt mind losing this game just before the finals and finishing 8th
Fair call, nothing worse than a soft game going into finals. Seen it many times. Norf v Tigers a few years ago, Norf won the final after tigers smashed them in the last round.

B Laverde Zerk-Thatcher McGrath
HB Ridley Reid Redman
C Martin Shiel Merrett
HF Perkins Jones Voss
F Stringer Wright Menzie
FOLL- Draper Caldwell Parish
I/C- Langford, Hurley, Guelfi, D’Ambrissio
Sub- Hobbs

B Laverde Zerk-Thatcher McGrath
HB Ridley Reid Redman
C Martin Shiel Merrett
HF Perkins Jones Voss