Game Day Round 23 Fantasy Discussion ..... GRAND FINAL WEEK

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2,394 for the Round ....Final Ranking 623, which I'm slightly disappointed in ....the two late outs by Mills cost me 150 points

Commiserations Maurice Mitchell .....as discussed this morning you had me on toast ....can't believe the carnage the ESS v COLL match did to your side , 5 players under 70 😞

Just bad luck mate ....but a really great game between us, full of strategy ....loved the too & fro 😉
Thanks Wayne. And I think our rankings reversed as well. I ended up about 790 I think.

You came up against some average decision making and a team that peaked at 309 11 weeks ago, up from about 18000, and wasn’t able to keep rising.

I often find that. You place well on the league ladder but to win leagues your form needs to be good. A friend of mine in another league I’m in, has beaten my score two weeks in a row, which hasn’t happened all year, and made a final that I didn’t. I am ranked about 9,500 ahead of him. Timing.

Anyway your team has been good all year, and given some of the issues you had to deal with this round put together a brilliant score.

I don’t have the time to contribute to this board as much as I’d like but I look forward to the preseason discussion. It is actually my favourite part of the season. Full of anticipation, research, sharing of ideas and at that stage, nothing disastrous has yet happened. Positivity rules, unlike when the season begins and the negative thoughts settle in.

Congratulations also for what this board has become. Where once I had to search high and low for Fantasy content, which inevitably ended up being SuperCoach content, these days there is more than I can consume. Good work indeed.

My team started great, stayed pretty good then really sh*t the bed the last few rounds, it all started going downhill in the byes even though I'd planned for them! But the last few weeks constantly trading out injured premos didn't help, and then trading out Hunter and getting in Parish instead of just upgrading Sharp to Steele was pretty crap in hindsight. Didn't want to finish with $300k on the table :oops:

View attachment 1214044
If you started this with “started pretty s**t but then went great…..” our stories would be identical. The byes, then injuries etc etc. You pretty much summed up my year.

Moved just inside top 6k at the end.

Congrats to all those with terrific scores and rankings. And all those who won their leagues!

Think I just knocked you off in our final! Close run thing! Well done on a great season mate.

Can I just reiterate the general theme here of thanking the board for the season.. my first here and has def given me alot of ideas each week and info to digest, sharing the sh*t that comes with this game is always much easier in a group. Cheers everyone!

Ended up with a pretty poor 3919 ranking. Came second in one league and knocked out in the prelim in two others. Won $520 bucks from a combined $240 buy in over the year. Good result financially.

Things to look out for:
- Brining in too many underpriced former premiums. T.Kelly Houston Hunter Sidebottom Ridley all cooked me.
- Focussing too much on upgrading every week. Meant I ended up with too many average premiums and didn't have the time to turn them into ubers. Focus more on guns and rooks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1630054136402.png

The Forwards curse continues into Finals. Hope Bailey Dale is sitting comfortably :grimacing:

Attachments

• 1630054076679.png
    1630054076679.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 18
Last few weeks were a big letdown. Anyway, overall a successful year.

Rd 4 ranked 202 for the round, Rd 6: 48, Rd 7: 855, Rd 11: 371, Rd 12: 840, Rd 21: 71. More high rounds than I've ever had.

So Rd 4 and 6 were brilliant, yet, in Rd 5 I ranked 35,079. Very costly indeed, that one.

21 Graph.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back