Trades Round 23 Fantasy Trades.......In The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Thank god Briggs is playing, is all I'll say. Gives me cover for Ziebell out, and lets me loop Houston, in case he pulls one of his dud scores out. Terrible finishing side though, but ah well, it matches a terrible year. Gonna loop Hunter too for Bramble, because why not, now that I have to keep him

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Had 19 available last week before trades

Have 25 available this week after trades, coverage on all lines bar ruck

Hopefully the inclusions of Lloyd, Brayshaw, Greene and new recruit Steele see an improvement in the teams score.

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
This is what my team looks like, before the round starts - with loops and complex BS galore:

DEF: Laird, Hall, Whit, Daniel, Briggs, Bianco (Houston, Madden)

MID: Titch, Lyons, Macrae, Zerrett, Walsh, Guth, Parish, Yeo (Brockman, D. Williams)

RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Comben)

FWD: Jelly, De Goey, Danger, Sidebottom, Marshall, Bramble (Hunter, J. Edwards)

INT: F. Macrae

:sick:

Lolll what a mess. Essentially though, allows Houston and Hunter to play on Friday night, with loops in Madden and J. Edwards (a dead rook I traded in for loop purposes last week). If Houston goes well (75+), Bianco goes to the bench and Madden goes on field, with Briggs likely to go 60+ as solo ruck. Then allows Hunter if he goes well, to get looped with Edwards and Bramble to go to mid (E) and then get looped with Yeo. Also allows F. Macrae to sit on the bench, if there any late outs.

As bad a team as it is, at least tactically, there's a fair few second chances, that will give me the best chance of taking the best score - with little risk.

Bring on the last round and end this hell once and for all!! Good luck everyone :)

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
This is what my team looks like, before the round starts - with loops and complex BS galore:

DEF: Laird, Hall, Whit, Daniel, Briggs, Bianco (Houston, Madden)

MID: Titch, Lyons, Macrae, Zerrett, Walsh, Guth, Parish, Yeo (Brockman, D. Williams)

RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Comben)

FWD: Jelly, De Goey, Danger, Sidebottom, Marshall, Bramble (Hunter, J. Edwards)

INT: F. Macrae

:sick:

Lolll what a mess. Essentially though, allows Houston and Hunter to play on Friday night, with loops in Madden and J. Edwards (a dead rook I traded in for loop purposes last week). If Houston goes well (75+), Bianco goes to the bench and Madden goes on field, with Briggs likely to go 60+ as solo ruck. Then allows Hunter if he goes well, to get looped with Edwards and Bramble to go to mid (E) and then get looped with Yeo. Also allows F. Macrae to sit on the bench, if there any late outs.

As bad a team as it is, at least tactically, there's a fair few second chances, that will give me the best chance of taking the best score - with little risk.

Bring on the last round and end this hell once and for all!! Good luck everyone :)
That isn't a bad team? Other than playing both Briggs and Bianco where is the weakness?

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
That isn't a bad team? Other than playing both Briggs and Bianco where is the weakness?

Generally by Round 23, most years, I have a completely premo team - but not this year. Was sitting 11th overall in the first few rounds, and then sat around the 200-400 mark up until the Byes, and then just made mistake after mistake and really screwed myself out of finishing strong. Basically threw in the towel and have just been making my two trades each week and not really paying attention (now sitting 1237) - until I decided to have a crack the last couple of rounds, for shits and gigs.

Appreciate the positivity though haha :) Although, as far as I'm concerned, not having a premo team at the end of the season feels like a fail - but then again, this whole season has felt like a fail after such a bright start. At the end of the season, gonna make a detailed round by round diagnosis of how exactly I screwed it all up, as a roadmap to others for what not to do in future, haha

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Generally by Round 23, most years, I have a completely premo team - but not this year. Was sitting 11th overall in the first few rounds, and then sat around the 200-400 mark up until the Byes, and then just made mistake after mistake and really screwed myself out of finishing strong. Basically threw in the towel and have just been making my two trades each week and not really paying attention (now sitting 1237) - until I decided to have a crack the last couple of rounds, for shits and gigs.

Appreciate the positivity though haha :) Although, as far as I'm concerned, not having a premo team at the end of the season feels like a fail - but then again, this whole season has felt like a fail after such a bright start. At the end of the season, gonna make a detailed round by round diagnosis of how exactly I screwed it all up, as a roadmap to others for what not to do in future, haha
Same for everyone other than the luckiest kents this year. So many injuries to premo players

Fitzey

Painting The Town Red
Jun 2, 2011
Tas
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
I’ve decided to go out on a limb.

Houston -> Liam Baker
Haynes -> Blake Hardwick

Baker gets a run in the midfield surely, there’s nearly no reason he won’t? Hardwick has been on fire in the last two weeks. If I could snatch a 100 each from those two it’s probably a 50+ point better play than Houston and Haynes.

Mezzoculo

Accurate. Brilliant. Unlikely.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
I’ve decided to go out on a limb.

Houston -> Liam Baker
Haynes -> Blake Hardwick

Baker gets a run in the midfield surely, there’s nearly no reason he won’t? Hardwick has been on fire in the last two weeks. If I could snatch a 100 each from those two it’s probably a 50+ point better play than Houston and Haynes.
Ten changes to the Tigers - can you be sure Baker gets a juicy role? He's named at half back, for what it's worth.

Fitzey

Painting The Town Red
Jun 2, 2011
Tas
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Ten changes to the Tigers - can you be sure Baker gets a juicy role? He's named at half back, for what it's worth.
Nah I can’t be sure, but I’m fairly sure he’s been linked at a potential mid role for next season. From last weeks side the only midfielders players that attended cba’s that they have left are Graham (21 cba’s) and Bolton (11). Surely he atleast gets in a rotation, it probably won’t happen but I think I’ll go for it.

DustyTiggers

All Australian
May 4, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Dunkley or helmet out for hall? I can't seem to trade Dunkley out no matter what. Oppo has helmet so smart move it to keep helmet but more tempted to go Dunkley v helmet. Maybe stupidly. But then most my moves this year have been stupid so why stop now?

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Bianco --> Miller
Ziebell --> Zorko
$81k in the bank for R1 next year (it works that way right ?)

1629375761131.png

For a team that was ranked inside the Top 10 in R6, things fell off the cliff pretty badly.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Bianco --> Miller
Ziebell --> Zorko
$81k in the bank for R1 next year (it works that way right ?)

View attachment 1210928

For a team that was ranked inside the Top 10 in R6, things fell off the cliff pretty badly.

That's a pretty good side tbh. Maybe it's the fact I cop like 3 injuries a week but I respect any 'full premo' side this season, yes I'm counting Hunter and Haynes as 'premos'. Where are you ranked now?

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
That's a pretty good side tbh. Maybe it's the fact I cop like 3 injuries a week but I respect any 'full premo' side this season, yes I'm counting Hunter and Haynes as 'premos'. Where are you ranked now?

I got rid of my last rookie in R16. Really thought I was ahead of the curve and trending upward. Was not the case
R16: 172
R17: 229
R18: 391
R19: 501
R20: 577
R21: 897
R22: 1,115

Getting rookies off the ground is not as useful if you are only getting to mid range guys like Houston, Haynes, Hunter etc...

Mezzoculo

Accurate. Brilliant. Unlikely.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Bianco up to heppell (Reeves to rook ruck to free up cash)
OR
Bailey Smith up to C Guthrie with Briggs in for Bianco at D6?

Lukesera

Senior List
Apr 12, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
This might actually be the hardest week for trades...

I've given up like most but I've made it to one GF so that's where my focus is.

You're not picking players to increase in price or to be season long keepers, your picking players based on this weekends match up, and there's so many possibilities.

I am totally stumped with my trades and the annoying thing is I've tried so many combos that I'm bound to have had the bloke in my team at some point this week that goes 120, just not on game day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back