Round 23 fixture speculation

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would you book flights before the game day is not set? Please please be Monday.
Booked for my Uncle's birthday, scheduled so it wouldn't matter if the game was on Friday, Saturday, Sunday. None of us anticipated a Monday!

Id love that Geelong GWS game to be on Monday night Geelong win finish second play GWS again on the following Thursday week in Geelong.

Week Off

Play following Friday week at the G win that

Following Saturday Grand Final

Id love that Geelong GWS game to be on Monday night Geelong win finish second play GWS again on the following Thursday week in Geelong.

Week Off

Play following Friday week at the G win that

Following Saturday Grand Final
Remains to be seen. Slip up against the Hawks and everyone will be writing you off for the top 4. Similar idlf we lose to the Swans. Too much water to flow under the bridge for those kind of assumptions.

Remains to be seen. Slip up against the Hawks and everyone will be writing you off for the top 4. Similar idlf we lose to the Swans. Too much water to flow under the bridge for those kind of assumptions.

How many of your players will be back by Rd 23?
Could you do a Dogs and just have everyone click at the pointy end after being injury hit? You may not need to finish top 4, there isn't many really good sides in the comp this year but I see GWS as the side to bring back a few decent players.

How many of your players will be back by Rd 23?
Could you do a Dogs and just have everyone click at the pointy end after being injury hit? You may not need to finish top 4, there isn't many really good sides in the comp this year but I see GWS as the side to bring back a few decent players.
Yeah it's a bit of a myth that the cavalry is coming sadly. Coniglio is the big one and will play NEAFL next week. Apart from him Hopper and Himmelburg in a few weeks. Delidio scheduled to play NEAFL in a couple if weeks would be a bonus if he gets up.
Greene Williams and Stevie J this week I expect from short term injuries.
It's more about our guys putting it together I think, and hopefully consistency in the playing group and their structures.
It could be the yourselves, the Crows, us or Richmond but I think one of those will step up from about now. July is moving month in the AFL in my view.

So are we all agreed now that finals teams getting "the longest time off possible" no longer matters due to the bye?
Correct
It's about ratings now

And Geelong has also requested mnf I believe
Which would be a great finish to the season

I might starting to think

Fnf- west coast v Adelaide

Saturday afternoon - hawthorn vs western Bulldogs
Saturday twilight - port Adelaide vs Gold Coast
Saturday night - Richmond vs st Kilda
Saturday night - Brisbane vs north Melbourne

Sunday afternoon - Collingwood vs Melbourne
Sunday afternoon - Sydney vs Carlton
Sunday twilight - Essendon vs Fremantle

Monday night - Geelong vs greater Western Sydney

Because of rd 22 Sunday games, Richmond vs Saints, Brisbane vs north, Collingwood vs Melbourne and Essendon vs freo won't be Friday. Geelong vs gws would be ideal, but if Geelong have requested Monday, they'll probably get it as afl will be eyeing off ratings.

This leaves west coast vs Adelaide, hawthorn vs bulldogs, port Adelaide vs Gold Coast and Sydney vs Carlton for Friday. Three top 8 vs bottom 10 games and a top 8 vs borderline top 8 game. Almost certain it's Eagles vs crows, but wouldn't be shocked if they went hawks vs bulldogs for the sole reason of spreading out the Melbourne games so they don't cannibalise each other.

but tbh, I think what I have is accurate assuming Geelong vs gws is mnf. Possible alternate scenarios
1) switch Brisbane and port Adelaide games (probably logical tbh to maximise vic ratings)
2) move Brisbane to ports slot, move port to Saturday afternoon to maximise Ratings in a game likely to mean a lot in Richmond vs st Kilda
3) move Sydney to Saturday afternoon
4) combine 1 and 3

7 will only be showing 3 matches because they've used up their 11 extras, so either they're not showing a game on Sunday or the Monday Night game is a furphy or it might be on Fox for some reason but I doubt that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the round 23 fixture get released this week?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fri (7N): Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs
Sat (A): Port Adelaide v Gold Coast
Sat (A or T): Sydney v Carlton
Sat (T) or Sun (A): Brisbane v North Melbourne
This depends on whether we have two or three games on Sunday. I think agreements might mean only two despite giving a six day break to both these teams
Sat (7N): Richmond v St Kilda
Sat (N): West Coast v Adelaide
Switcheroo blockbuster into both states
Sun (A): Collingwood v Melbourne
Sun (T): Essendon v Fremantle
Mon (7N): Geelong v GWS

Last edited:
Fri (7N): Hawthorn v Fremantle
Sat (A): Port Adelaide v Gold Coast
Sat (A or T): Sydney v Carlton
Sat (T) or Sun (A): Brisbane v North Melbourne
This depends on whether we have two or three games on Sunday. I think agreements might mean only two despite giving a six day break to both these teams
Sat (7N): Richmond v St Kilda
Sat (N): West Coast v Adelaide
Switcheroo blockbuster into both states
Sun (A): Collingwood v Melbourne
Sun (T): Essendon v Fremantle
Mon (7N): Geelong v GWS

Dogs have given up already, have they? :D

In an ideal world....

Super Saturday (all times Eastern)

7.10 pm West Coast v Adelaide - Domain Stadium (7mate)
7.10 pm Sydney v Carlton - SCG (501 Fox Sports 1)
7.10 pm Bris Lions v NM - Gabba (503 Fox Sports 3)
7.10 pm Port Adel v Gold Coast - Adelaide Oval (505 Fox Sports 5)
7.10 pm Collingwood v Melbourne - MCG (504 Fox Footy)
7.10 pm Hawthorn v Bulldogs - Uni of Tasmania Stadium (507 Fox Sports More)
7.10 pm Geelong v GWS - Simonds Stadium (Channel 7)
7.10 pm Essendon v Fremantle - Etihad Stadium (506 Fox Sports 6)

Sunday
3.20 pm Richmond v St Kilda - MCG (Channel 7)

In an ideal world....

Super Saturday (all times Eastern)

7.10 pm West Coast v Adelaide - Domain Stadium (7mate)
7.10 pm Sydney v Carlton - SCG (501 Fox Sports 1)
7.10 pm Bris Lions v NM - Gabba (503 Fox Sports 3)
7.10 pm Port Adel v Gold Coast - Adelaide Oval (505 Fox Sports 5)
7.10 pm Collingwood v Melbourne - MCG (504 Fox Footy)
7.10 pm Hawthorn v Bulldogs - Uni of Tasmania Stadium (507 Fox Sports More)
7.10 pm Geelong v GWS - Simonds Stadium (Channel 7)
7.10 pm Essendon v Fremantle - Etihad Stadium (506 Fox Sports 6)

Sunday
3.20 pm Richmond v St Kilda - MCG (Channel 7)

Richmond v St.Kilda moved to Princes Park on Saturday Night, 7.10pm

Anyone have any idea when this week this will be released?
I saw something last week that historically its this week.
But due to he evenness of the comp, we'll be waiting even longer this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back