Preview Round 23 - Geelong v Melbourne, 1:45pm Saturday @ Kardinia Park

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we go back to the Bulldogs game where Stanley kicked 5 goals, we might see the team revert to a similar set up this match.

With Henderson out, Lonergan doubtful due to family commitments, we might throw Stanley forward to partner Hawkins for the match, and then leave Blicavs to play as #2 ruck to Smith.

It worked well that match, with Stanley having one of his best games for the club, while Blicavs had one of his best games for the season also. Might be good to see if we can get a repeat performance because it could solve a few structural issues heading into finals by proving us with the second tall forward, allowing us to play the extra midfielder along side Blicavs.
Think this is what they will do.

Melbourne will play this game with massive intensity and we'll be struggling to beat them in CP's in this one, I reckon they'll come very close to knocking us off.

Melbourne will play this game with massive intensity and we'll be struggling to beat them in CP's in this one, I reckon they'll come very close to knocking us off.
I reckon we'll win this one easily Blighty. It will be a big test for Smith and Stanley but if they can play well and not allow Gawn to dominate then I think we'll have their measure.

I'll tell you what though, I'm starting to get sick of seeing us play in patches and not being switched on for the full 4 quarters. Any bad habits that we have must disappear this wknd and we have to put in a solid 4 quarter performance to prepare ourselves for the final series ahead.

No more cheating or playing conservatively!

Oh yeah, also I'd send Scooter to Dom Tyson. He's an under rated player IMO.

If we go back to the Bulldogs game where Stanley kicked 5 goals, we might see the team revert to a similar set up this match.

With Henderson out, Lonergan doubtful due to family commitments, we might throw Stanley forward to partner Hawkins for the match, and then leave Blicavs to play as #2 ruck to Smith.

It worked well that match, with Stanley having one of his best games for the club, while Blicavs had one of his best games for the season also. Might be good to see if we can get a repeat performance because it could solve a few structural issues heading into finals by proving us with the second tall forward, allowing us to play the extra midfielder along side Blicavs.
Bloody good idea, IMO.

If Lonergan misses, we may struggle to contain Hogan sans Henderson. Taylor playing totally negative hurts us. Kolodjasnij is listed at 193/93 with Hogan at 195/101. Blicavs 198/97. Don't see any other obvious match up if they isolate Hogan deep. We may be forced to play a plus-one back for a lot of this game if we can't control the mf battle. The other alternative is a 5 man forward line with a plus one in the guts as we have a dearth of quality mids. That way we take the pressure off our backs and give the forwards space to move in as long as we don't bomb it long. Having said all that, I think it's pretty late to be changing game plans just pre-finals against a bottom 8 team.

Interesting...

I'd guess Cocky misses.

Guess all that Jimmy was dropped rubbish was ... well.. rubbish.

Imagine that.

GO Catters

If Lonergan misses, we may struggle to contain Hogan sans Henderson. Taylor playing totally negative hurts us. Kolodjasnij is listed at 193/93 with Hogan at 195/101. Blicavs 198/97. Don't see any other obvious match up if they isolate Hogan deep. We may be forced to play a plus-one back for a lot of this game if we can't control the mf battle. The other alternative is a 5 man forward line with a plus one in the guts as we have a dearth of quality mids. That way we take the pressure off our backs and give the forwards space to move in as long as we don't bomb it long. Having said all that, I think it's pretty late to be changing game plans just pre-finals against a bottom 8 team.
Taylor will own Hogan. There's no need to worry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lonergans presser yesterday made it clear he would like to be at the birth but would also like to play. They will name him and the decision wont be made until the day i would suggest.

Guess all that Jimmy was dropped rubbish was ... well.. rubbish.

Imagine that.

GO Catters

Scott also made clear jimmy has a contract for 2017 and the ball is in his court re if he wants to play on so we can put to bed all this rubbish about the club supposedly forcing him out.

Adelaide will be missing Sloan and smith. They could get done imo

Quite right you are.

I hope Adelaide do win though. As Hawthorn will not beat sydney in sydney. So if we're good enough to win against adelaide week 1 we might get the opportunity to knock Hawthorn out in a prelim. I'd really like that.

Lonergan has to play, send in someone with a video camera. He will only be gone for 3 and a bit hours.....
Can we get a strapping young lad like Gardner or Buzza to go in and hold his wife's hand??

I just got sworn at mostly. It's not a hard job.

Scott also made clear jimmy has a contract for 2017 and the ball is in his court re if he wants to play on so we can put to bed all this rubbish about the club supposedly forcing him out.

I guess that settles the is he best 22 now debate if they're willing to offer 2017.
You don't do that for over 30 year olds that have lost their place in the team.

This is as every bit as important as a final.
Finals start here, we can only afford 1 loss.
We lose this and every final is knockout. We win this we retain our double chance.
I just hope Scotty knows our best side, does he?

So basically, what you are saying is that we can afford to lose 1 of our next 2 games but not both and everything else is must win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back