Preview Round 23 - Geelong vs GWS Giants, Saturday August 26th, 7.25pm, Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

So it's either away vs Geelong or away vs my boys Adelaide.

My goodness. That's difficult. Based on this.....
You're spot on. Will we play like that again if we are back at Kardinia? Will they change the list. MDB for SJ seems like a bad bad choice now.

We have been poor no doubt.

But youre troll following a club that only has all its members because family members keep inbreeding

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I can't believe a Tigers fan would make such a stupid comment about another club given their recent disappointing history. Go back to your own board for a stroke, buddy.

I cant see the game but SC scores shows Deledio as your second best player behind Ward.

how is he going. Is he adding alot to your side.
Kids played well when he got the ball. That was the challenge though. Our team just lost the art of passing and hitting targets.

It's a dirty night but only 4 clubs get to play QF's, it certainly isn't season ending. It does have to be turned around though. Think the guys might have some tough training sessions coming up and some hard choices for the coaches.

Ward, Greene and Deledio have been very good but the rest have been pretty average tonight. Shiel has had a crack but the ball hasn't gone his way and Corr was good early.

Greene's courage tonight has been unbelievable...love the kid.

Reckon Davis is injured. His mobility wasn't as good as usual and he looked like he couldn't jump. Once again he's so courageous so it wouldn't surprise if he is hurt but playing through it.

Would love to see Leon take a risk in the finals. Maybe it's Taranto in for Stevie J or De Boer for Hopper...I don't think all is lost as Geelong are hard to beat at Simmonds and our runners are ineffective there. On a nice big ground it might be a different story?

Got to keep our heads up.
Greene was amazing, but Geelong were booing him from the start. Why?

It concerns me Deledio looks lost with the ball and I dont think its because of his lack of matches. I think he looks up the ground, wonders where the **** am I supposed to kick it, this game plan is a mess. Not sure how a side can have a fwd line like this on paper yet be so dysfunctional.
I was wondering why Lobb Patton and Cameron were ALL absent from the forward area for large passages of play. Surely one of them could've stayed forward. We were kicking long to Toby, who just got out marked due to height.

I was wondering why Lobb Patton and Cameron were ALL absent from the forward area for large passages of play. Surely one of them could've stayed forward. We were kicking long to Toby, who just got out marked due to height.
On exposed evidence our plan A was to play for fourth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im struggling to keep my head up.

Right now i honestly and open heartedly think that any one of Richmond, Adelaide, Geelong and Sydney will thump us in the finals.

And the worst thing is that i dont think anyone is beating Sydney

Lose to Adrlaide over there and we go on the swans side of the draw :(

The minute our run is stopped its gane over

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm confused by tonight's game. Only 30K supporters at Kardinia, so does their next game get moved?

Also, we can take Adelaide and the Tigers on our best day. Swans too.

My one thought is if it is an all interstate team GF the umpires will stay out of it.

The pleasing thing with Deledio is that he hasn't lost his speed. He also uses the ball beautifully and I suspect he will just get better and better.

The forward line is a conundrum as the big 3 all have unique qualities but together with a busted Stevie J it just hasn't functioned. Not really sure what we do there.
Insist that one of them STAY forward at all times.

Quite sick of the "kick a goal then run off" sh!t too.

Two words:

Straight sets.
Im trying hard to not be negative but i agree.

Unfortunately there are 3 teams that are a class above us this year.

However anything can happen in finals.

It was one of those s**t nights tonight where geelong could kick it over their head from the centre circle and it would roll through 10 players for a goal. And we just could could not kick the ones we normally would

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hard game to watch. Expected. Was at the WCE game last week and, while it was a win, there were no signs of a team that deserves top 4 tbh let alone top 2.

And for the love of all things holy and righteous, can SJ just retire.

Hard game to watch. Expected. Was at the WCE game last week and, while it was a win, there were no signs of a team that deserves top 4 tbh let alone top 2.

And for the love of all things holy and righteous, can SJ just retire.
Of course we desérve to be top 4, that's why we are. The ladder doesn't.lie. The AFL website rated our draw the hardest in the comp at the start of the season, it's a bit subjective but we certainly didn't have an easy one.
Where we go from here is up to the guys

Last edited:
Well played by Geelong just bought the intensity and tackles to force the mistakes and so many goals from the turnovers and the big game experience showed so it will be a long way back for the guys
I don't want to bag out any but some of the players need to play to their potential and this finals series will define some of them
I don't think they can play Stevie J as although he has the potential for brilliance I think the risk with him to have a shocker is too high
Not sure if they mixed up the midfield too much but it didn't seem to work on paper the mix should be brilliant but too many players had down nights including the defenders, it would be interesting to see the tackle efficiency because it seemed to easy for the Cats to continue with a release handball from a tackle
As others said it will be a hard week on the training track and some players will need to improve as several are waiting to come in for the finals

If we come up against Sydney in the second week, maybe. The other three we've beaten even without playing well.
Because Port leapfrogged Sydney and Richmond will probably leapfrog us, I think Sydney ends up on the opposite side of the draw.

Everyone needs to cheer Richmond today:

1) if they win we'll probably play Geelong at the MCG instead of Kardinia.
2) if they win we'll probably play Port at Spotless in week 2 if we lose, instead of Sydney at ANZ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back