Preview Round 23 - Gold Coast Suns vs GWS Giants, Saturday 24th August, Metricon Stadium, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez Corr was ordinary last week... I know it was his first game back but I just don’t see what the club sees in him.
Another calf soreness injury.. ridiculous.

The suns lineup on paper looks pretty good.

One thing that stands out to me when I look at our team is the total lack of pure inside mids. Taranto is in his first year in the role. DeBoer is a stopper. Theres no one else. Find another club in the afl where they have so few inside mids... bet you can’t. And we wonder why we get smashed around the ball.

Toby with the dreaded calf "tightness". What a balls up this season has been for soft tissue injuries. Compare this to Brisbane's run.
It can change quickly with the right people in place.

The Lions had massive soft tissue injuries in the late '00s, calf injuries that would last 4+ weeks after initial estimates, etc.

After a change of staff the Lions improved to about par for the course.

After a second change of staff the Lions are now one of the league leaders. The main soft tissue injuries are precautionary one week injuries - Zorko, Christensen, Bailey, Hipwood and others have all come off during a game only to play the following week or two.

One thing that stands out to me when I look at our team is the total lack of pure inside mids. Taranto is in his first year in the role. DeBoer is a stopper. Theres no one else. Find another club in the afl where they have so few inside mids... bet you can’t. And we wonder why we get smashed around the ball.

To be fair pretty hard with Ward, Coniglio and Hopper all out. And they dropped Caldwell for what reason I'm not sure.

Congrats to Jezza for his impending 150th game - the first of our youngsters to reach that milestone. It would be nice if he could celebrate with a bag, but he's had a good year and a wonderful career to date. Stay healthy and enjoy the game!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

He was in good humour tonight, all the guys were, hoping for a big enough bag to beat Brown to the Coleman!

Greene is a massive out and it means Taranto is the only true inside mid for this game with several other fill ins from other roles on the field in Williams, Kelly, MDB and Perryman but it will be a good learning curve for them and it also means the team will have several changes for the next game as well
As % wont really come into it I am just after a 2+ goal win and no injuries and I am not concerned with how many goals JC kicks just so long as he and the team are OK for the next game and it is likely to be a repeat of the Dogs which will be a tough challenge as they have their stars all firing and all ours are held together with duct tape at the moment

Well done to JC for 150

Looks likely to be the Dogs at GS for the 1st final and like most not confident if that is the matchup I think the Bombers would have been a better matchup as both clubs are suffering from injuries where as the Dogs are not as effected and have better depth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks likely to be the Dogs at GS for the 1st final and like most not confident if that is the matchup I think the Bombers would have been a better matchup as both clubs are suffering from injuries where as the Dogs are not as effected and have better depth
And scumpire support.

OK, it's gameday folks, so let's head to the gameday thread now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back