Preview Round 23- Lions v Tigers. Sunday 25th August 2019 3.20pm MCG.

Who wins and by how much?

• Lions by 1 to 9.

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Lions by 10 to 29.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • Lions by 30 to 49.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Lions by 50+

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Tigers by 1 to 9.

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Tigers by 10 to 29.

Votes: 46 31.3%
  • Tigers by 30 to 49.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Tigers by 50+

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you serious?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Am I serious? Totally! Imo, Richmond are false favourites & the Lions have a far better than 6% chance ($17) to spank Richmond. That's not saying saying they will win by that margin or even win, it's just saying the Lions are being massively underrated by the market. The $6.75 for the Lions to win 25Pts+ is also attractive imo. The Tigers No.1 Ruckman is out. Their Captain is coming in to what will be a "Finals Intensity" game, after 3 weeks out with a hammy. Stack is out. Grimes will most likely play jabbed up, if he plays at all. Richmond have not been able to get to full strength so far this season whereas the Lions are still improving.
Time will tell, but in the meantime I'll remain confident we'll beat Richmond & have a great chance to really damage them.

edit:now $7.25 the Lions 25+ 👌

Last edited:
Mabior Chol is one of the omissions announced today for the Tigers, we need to get in his ear about coming to us, Chris Fagan favors the 2 ruckman model, him and the Big O would be a handy ruck duo, both reasonably serviceable up front.

His last 4 games have been very poor

Good on cox ! Guess we are going for pace , for me I would have gone with Matho for a gun fight like this game

Hope the boy kicks a bag

Go lions

Can’t see us bringing Cox in for Bundy; will be either Keays, Taylor or Mathieson. Preference to which one is the best quick decision maker under pressure, in which case it would be Taylor for mine.

Ok then, wonder what role they’ve got planned for him. Not a like for like but backing em in on this one.

The teams I'm most worried about this year are WC on their day and the Dogs. I know the Tigers have had the wood on us for a long time and everybody's raving about them but player on player we match up well. The thing we are going to have to learn to battle are the massive crowd and subsequent umpiring bias (don't worry what anyone says it's real) on the big ground which they see twice a week and we hardly see at all. And whatever Fages said today shut Martin down and you go a fair way to limiting their drive.

Our guys have risen to conquer many challenges this year. I don't know whether we'll win or not but we won't let anyone down I'm sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we put Adams on Lynch or Jack? I'm thinking Adams-Lynch Gardiner-Jack with Harris to zone off
I think they can switch and swap during the game . Harris has always played on Lynch but Adams made a point of Harris helping him a lot last week and I think they see themselves as a team within a team rather than individuals . Dizzy and Adams are so versatile we now have many options. The beauty is that Harris and Adams can both play that zone off role if required

Worst selection ever! What the hell is Fagan doing!!! You don't gift young players games in such important games as this!!!! Match committee have lost the plot!

Come on Coxy show them your silky skills! If you believe in yourself as much as many of us do then you will cut them up!

Dons are on. Tigers might not be fully incentivised come Sunday if they keep this up.
Doesn't look too tough a game from what I've seen even though a couple of guys have been carted off through accidents . I'd be surprised if the Bombers kept it up with their outs but we can only hope. The Pies have been a bit of a rabble so far.

Worst selection ever! What the hell is Fagan doing!!! You don't gift young players games in such important games as this!!!! Match committee have lost the plot!

Come on Coxy show them your silky skills! If you believe in yourself as much as many of us do then you will cut them up!
I’m guessing (well hoping) that’s sarcasm

Doesn't look too tough a game from what I've seen even though a couple of guys have been carted off through accidents . I'd be surprised if the Bombers kept it up with their outs but we can only hope. The Pies have been a bit of a rabble so far.

Yep, they are just defending now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back