Preview Round 23- Lions v Tigers. Sunday 25th August 2019 3.20pm MCG.

Who wins and by how much?

• Lions by 1 to 9.

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Lions by 10 to 29.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • Lions by 30 to 49.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Lions by 50+

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Tigers by 1 to 9.

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Tigers by 10 to 29.

Votes: 46 31.3%
  • Tigers by 30 to 49.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Tigers by 50+

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think we wouldn't have a plan for Dusty. This would be fantastic experience for Bez. The good thing is we can switch to a plan B in Robbo if it's not working. It's just too risky to let him do a Cripps on us.
Or a Dangerfield. We don't handle the monster A grade mids that well.

Pardon the intrusion but I just wanted to say that as an old Brisbane boy from way back I'm really looking forward to Sunday's game. I went to Oxley State School and Indooroopilly High before moving to Canberra via Hobart. I used to follow Western Districts when Dave Dalgarno and Ray Houson played with them and enjoyed many afternoons watching games at Perry Park and the Gabba when it had Moreton Bay figs and a bloke outside walking trains through the fiveways ringing a bell. Anyway we all move on and while I'm now a Tiger at heart, an affection for all things Brisbane remains. I'm actually hoping for a dry day for a change and the opportunity for two good sides to test each other out before battle in the finals. Should be a cracker.
I was an Indooroopilly boy why went to Kenmore but played out at Western Bulldogs. I go to every game with Bruce McArthur, you might remember him and some games Clayton Bell comes alone who was an Indooroopilly boy and made the Australian team at under age and went on to play at Wests also.

hopefully the G gets 70K+ on Sunday.
Could be easily done.
I think we will get 50K + tigers fans.
Thats like when any opposition team plays at the Gabba over the last 10 years, we play Collingwood it seems 80% of the crowd are pies fans BUT not this year. Against Geelong it was a packed house and I reckon it was 90% Lions fans. It was amazing the chanting, I reckon when Geelong scored the cheer was small around what you would normally hear when the opposition kicked it out on the full. when brisbane scored it was rocking, people jumping, cheering, yelling and quite a few were crying at the end. I'd like to think, and I hope we lifted the boys. Its so good the noise when a ground is full. Having been to the Lions grand finals at the MCG it's brilliant full and always seemed balanced the way the noise reverberates around there. If the crowd is any factor I'm glad our boys had last week's game so they are prepared for the noise. I hope all your members turn up it would be great for us as a club and potential sponsors to see we are drawing big crowds again. ha ha when we win the Grand Final this year we will be playing infant of a predominately, other tea's, crowd anyway so this week is good practice.

One of Keays or Taylor for Bundy. Can't see any other changes unless we want to play it safe with Gardiner or Robbo who copped knocks against the Cats. We need our tall forwards to really make a contest and bring the ball to ground. We cannot let them play Grimes loose in defence. He just Marshalls the defence and takes intercept marks all day. Maybe even play McStay as a defensive forward on him.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting Robbo to run with Dusty when he plays midfield. I still have memories of Dusty rag dolling Gardiner 20 metres out from goal last year and when the umpire blew the whistle every Lions fan behind the goals cheered. Of course silly us for thinking they would pay it against Dusty. Watch him closely if he goes forward this week he gets away with murder in marking contests.

The crowd for the Tiges v Eagles game on the weekend was 57,415.
Am I wrong in thinking that I can’t see any more getting to the game than that, or was it the weather that kept some away?
Or is it our Fitzroy link that will boost the crowd number up, considering they were talking possibly 70,000 for Sunday’s game?

It’s quite ok to underrate a team throughout the year which, given our past few seasons, I think is understandable. A good measure of underrating a team is continually tipping against a team and being on the wrong side of the tip more often than not. By round 23 though, a non biased assessment would be ‘I’m tipping against the Lions again this week (fair enough) but I’ve underrated them all year’. I’d be fine with that.

But combine a negative recent tipping ledger with an opinion that ‘Brisbane will get belted... just because’ into the media’s general opinion that ‘Brisbane have already had the easiest of draws’ which Wallet no doubt agrees with and you get an evidence based assessment that Plough’s opinion of us is irrelevant.

One of Keays or Taylor for Bundy. Can't see any other changes unless we want to play it safe with Gardiner or Robbo who copped knocks against the Cats. We need our tall forwards to really make a contest and bring the ball to ground. We cannot let them play Grimes loose in defence. He just Marshalls the defence and takes intercept marks all day. Maybe even play McStay as a defensive forward on him.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting Robbo to run with Dusty when he plays midfield. I still have memories of Dusty rag dolling Gardiner 20 metres out from goal last year and when the umpire blew the whistle every Lions fan behind the goals cheered. Of course silly us for thinking they would pay it against Dusty. Watch him closely if he goes forward this week he gets away with murder in marking contests.

We'll put Gardiner on Riewoldt and let Adams control Martin. Try and move him now Dusty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I wrong in thinking that I can’t see any more getting to the game than that, or was it the weather that kept some away?
Or is it our Fitzroy link that will boost the crowd number up, considering they were talking possibly 70,000 for Sunday’s game?

I think:
  • we'll bring more to the game than West Coast
  • the weather will likely be better
  • the tigers will be sitting 5th and trying to fight their way into the 8 - their supporters will show up
60-65k is fairly realistic.

Could not have asked for a better preparation. "Free hit" as some have described it.

I think:
  • we'll bring more to the game than West Coast
  • the weather will likely be better
  • the tigers will be sitting 5th and trying to fight their way into the 8 - their supporters will show up
60-65k is fairly realistic.

Could not have asked for a better preparation. "Free hit" as some have described it.

It'll be a free hit if Carlton topple Geelong at whatever they call it this week stadium.

Or maybe Mathieson ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mathieson high free kick with 2 mins to go to put us in front?

Melts will be glorious.

Drops knees, pushes forearm up, throws head back, collapses in a heap.

FWEEEP!!!

Free kick Lions.

Drills it from 25 out on a slight angle.

Lions run the remaining 1 min 30 sec down with Hodge,Gardiner ,Witho and Andrews chipping it around in the back half.

Siren sounds!!

Every Lions uncle rushes to the exit with 50,000 Richmond would-be bashers in hot pursuit.

A small percentage of uncles end up being collateral damage but hey, it's worth it.

Or is it our Fitzroy link Melbourne-based supporters that will boost the crowd number up, considering they were talking possibly 70,000 for Sunday’s game?
This sounds better to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back