Preview Round 23- Lions v Tigers. Sunday 25th August 2019 3.20pm MCG.

Who wins and by how much?

• Lions by 1 to 9.

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Lions by 10 to 29.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • Lions by 30 to 49.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Lions by 50+

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Tigers by 1 to 9.

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Tigers by 10 to 29.

Votes: 46 31.3%
  • Tigers by 30 to 49.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Tigers by 50+

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Lions uncle rushes to the exit with 50,000 Richmond would-be bashers in hot pursuit.

A small percentage of uncles end up being collateral damage but hey, it's worth it.

My method in such circumstances is to cry "uncle".

Sorry to intrude but regardless of the result it’s lucky you guys get some more practise at the ‘G
yes that's true, it's not the size of the ground thats an issue its more about the atmosphere. we are pretty used to play in front of 'park' footy size crowds then we go to the MCG and there is real noise and its distracting. BUT NOT ANY MORE the Gabba is going off, our supporters are back and our boys are now very used to crowds and noise. i hope you guys cheer as loud as possible and fill the place with noise it will just get our guys going rather than a few cheers in an almost empty stadium.

This has shades of round 15, 2001 when we travelled to MCG to break a big hoodoo against the pies (Tiger 2019 are a vastly better opponent mind you) and I remember Leigh’s famous response in the pre game press conference “history in footy is really what’s happened in the last month”✊

I was an Indooroopilly boy why went to Kenmore but played out at Western Bulldogs. I go to every game with Bruce McArthur, you might remember him and some games Clayton Bell comes alone who was an Indooroopilly boy and made the Australian team at under age and went on to play at Wests also.
Good to hear Clarky. I suspect I'm of an earlier vintage to you. My Senior year at Indooroopilly was 1966 (I'm seriously old) after which I went to Qld Uni for a spectacularly unsuccessful attempt at a Medicine degree. Neil Sartor and John Lynch were two Indooroopilly boys from my class who played for Wests. We ended up moving to Tasmania the year before the floods completely submerged our house in Oxley. My Dad had sold it the year before that. Lucky for him and unfortunate for the new owner. I've been back to Brisbane a number of times since and still love the place. Apart from Canberra, it's the only capital city I'd consider living in. Whatever the outcome on Sunday, I'm hoping for a good game with no controversial decisions and no injuries to either side. Would love to see us square off in a Grand Final which, depending on the cross over of the draw, could still happen.

New to Big Footy, been to most home games since the mid 90's. Take that as you will. Going to the MCG on the weekend to hopefully see a memorable win.

Disappointing that Christensen will miss. Has been better than good since he came back into the team. Keays or Mathieson to replace. Barring injury, no other changes so I am hoping the others are OK.

Go Lions!!

New to Big Footy, been to most home games since the mid 90's. Take that as you will. Going to the MCG on the weekend to hopefully see a memorable win.

Disappointing that Christensen will miss. Has been better than good since he came back into the team. Keays or Mathieson to replace. Barring injury, no other changes so I am hoping the others are OK.

Go Lions!!
Welcome, brother. Could not call you a bandwagonner👍

We'll put Gardiner on Riewoldt and let Adams control Martin. Try and move him now Dusty.

I don't think Adams has the tank to go with Martin. Unless Gardiner takes Riewoldt as you say, Harris takes Lynch and Adams plays loose to intercept and take Martin when he moves forward. But I'm sure Fagan will have a better plan.

I don't think Adams has the tank to go with Martin. Unless Gardiner takes Riewoldt as you say, Harris takes Lynch and Adams plays loose to intercept and take Martin when he moves forward. But I'm sure Fagan will have a better plan.

The loose man will be Andrews as always. But if Gardiner is getting ragdolled, we'll make the switch.

I think Adams is pretty quick, as a mature age draftee back in 2015 he was one of the quickest over 20m.

I don’t mind the idea of Adams playing on Martin when he roles up forward. Because Harris and Gardiner can play on their 2 bigs when he is up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we played North it was Harris running with Brown when he was pushing into their defensive 50 to help them get it out, expecting to see him and Adams following Lynch or Riewoldt when they similarly move up the ground. Adam's will likely start this leaving harris to stay deep as is our structure, aND play on Riewoldt most likely out of the square. Lynch can be a bit slow and I rate Adams on him if he follows him around. Gardiner matches up on Caddy quite well so I hope he plays.

We are going to need to have one of those games where our tacling pressure is fierce. For this reason I'd like to see Keays come in but would not be surprised if Mathieson also comes in to add to this function. I also wonder if it may be helpful for us to use Lester for Hodge this week. His speed advantage and ability to read the play quickly and cut off space inside 50 may serve us slightly better than hodge this week as a thought. If Houli, Martin are getting some half decent ball inside 50 for them I think Lester would favour us.

Excited to see how our youth perform on the back of such an intense finals like match, and how they rise as I expect to the increased speed, pressure and physicality. Can't wait to see what Berry, Witho, Clugga and Bailey do, and of course I look forward to seeing how Rayner is inspired by seeing his idol Dusty, and the dynamic Daniel Rioli, can he establish himself as one of their peers? I think he will step closer.

Geelong were playing bloody well last week and we beat them from behinD. I hope the Tigers don't get away from us early this weekind, but if they do and we have to take the game on more and earlier I think we can still win and that could be good for our finals preparation as well

I am expecting us to do to Richmond what we did to GWS and Port Adelaide. We will win because we are harder at the contest and relentless. Richmond are going to crumble.

carn the lions, smash these pretenders out of the 4, hopefully the pies army will come down to cheer you guys on, ps dont touch lynch most looked after forward you'll ever see
Thanks... BUT... I'm very conflicted on this, I'll take the support re our victory over the Tigers..... BUT.... we have your 1st round selection so I wont be returning the support for your game v the Bombers (Carn you Bombers) I would prefer you lost and then exited the finals in week 1 giving us pick 11 or 12.

Death Ride. :D

Matho for Bundy would be my change. He’s looked really good in the reserves from what I have watched of him lately and appears to have been hitting the scoreboard.

To me he’s the sort of player that will love the big crowd and he’d be another option to go to Dusty and get under his skin.

All you one line quip champions need to head to this thread and do us proud

All you one line quip champions need to head to this thread and do us proud

Nunez it is your time to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back