Round 23 - Pick the upset

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle by approximately 83 goals

Oh please do, that would be hilarious. I dare say Hinkley would back door his exit if a hiding occured.

But what would most likely happen is that if the Crows did beat the Bulldogs, we will beat Fremantle but Freo kicks the last goal of the game to knock us out of the top 8 by percentage.

Personally, I think Freo will win this weekend with Lyon gone.

Essendon over Collingwood is probably the likeliest, but it wouldn't be as big an upset in terms of odds. GWS vs GC and Geelong vs Carlton would be the biggest upsets. I don't see the Hawks getting over us, too much for us to play for, it's almost like a final. They'd have to play phenomenally and we'd have to really slip up. Stranger things have happened, but if we lose, I'll have almost given up on us this season anyway.

If there's one thing for certain in 2019, it's that there'll be one huge upset in Round 23 - with one highly fancied team going down. Which game do you think will the one to change the finals narrative?

For mine, I do think Hawthorn might be able to pull something out of the bag and knock off West Coast.

Sounds more like you hope that happens rather than actually think it will happen. Eagles won’t be letting this game slip.

No chance are Hawthorn beating the eagles with what’s at sake for them, same with the cats and pies. Only upsets I can see are dockers and saints to get up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very strange that if Brisbane beat Tigers it would be considered an upset?! Surely 4th playing 1st the favourite really should be Brisbane. The only reason its not is because Richmond are always front and center in the media and 'Melbourne-centric' focus while Brisbane is 'off Broadway' and (despite winning 9 in a row) slipped under the radar. Brisbane should be favourites here or at least on even money but the odds are purely based on supporter speculation so that's why Richmond are favourites at this stage.

Hawks over eagles is the stand out for an upset. Hawks will be in the 8 if they win saturday night, pending sunday results, so the incentive is obvious. They play well against the eagles, and would have beaten them easily 7-8 weeks ago if they'd converted their chances. Eagles coming off a brutal encounter with rich that has cost them hutchings and left a few others pretty sore with a big question mark still hanging over a couple of their key players 36 hours out with 1-2 late changes a huge possibility. Hawks in contrast had a training run under the roof at marvel. This one is game on

Hawks beat eagles

Adelaide then beat bulldog and go above hawks because of a bigger win and go above the hawks

Port then beat freo by a massive margin and go above Adelaide and hawks

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

For this scenario to play out, the Crows would have to beat the Bulldogs by around 65 points more than the Hawks beat the Eagles. I can be a bit pessimistic about the Doggies at times, but I can't see Adelaide winning by that margin. If the Crows do get up, it'll be by about 10 to 20 points.

Can't see the Eagles losing to the Hawks considering they can still fall to 5th and a sudden death elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back