Preview Round 23 - Power v Bombers (2018 Farewell Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

The missus is keen to go, but i'm trying to find every excuse not to. Currently looking up other activities we can do instead of going to the footy, i'll suggest letting her gouge my eyeballs out.

Shower needs a good scrub and blast with a high pressure hose

Imagine if us and gold coast win this weekend and suddenly everyone has to start caring again.
Even if the world's biggest upset did occur, I think we'd just be frustrated that Hinkley will use making finals as a vindication and I think we'd just enter finals hoping we don't embarrass ourselves.

[GP] Yeah… Maybe you’re right.

[MP] I am always right

Reminds me of the joke "I always knew there was a Ms Right out there for me. Not so happy when I found out her first name was Always!"

Not going to bother leaving work early and driving 3 hours down for this likely s**t show. Saving my money for something more important. The money i've already tipped out for Port this year has been ridiculous and they don't deserve anymore.

Just done with this season and a lot of people I've spoken to agree, there is no point to tonight's game and the crowd will reflect that. Deep down the players must know it's over too, they checked out in the last quarter of the Collingwood game and won't be checking back in. Essendon on the other hand are playing really inspired footy at the moment, they don't seem to have their souls crushed yet despite now having nothing to play for too.

I've got no idea how this game will play out, based on our final quarter checkout against Collingwood you'd think we are in line for an absolute bath. Potentially the biggest of the Hinkley era. But then there is the Port that can't handle any sort of pressure whatsoever finally being relieved of that weight of expectiation on their shoulders. It would be so Ports for them to come and actually play a really exciting brand with a bit of freedom and cause an upset. You never know.

more likely we will be in front with 30 seconds to go, Essendon kick one on the siren to win... then Gold Coast beat Geelong
Or we win comfortably... and then Joel Selwood ducks to win a free and kick the winning goal after the siren against the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which the AFL subsequently say shouldn’t have been paid
And his shot for goal actually hits the post but called a goal by the goal umpire and is not seen on review by the video review after 8 secs of footage on an old Nokia phone.

And his shot for goal actually hits the post but called a goal by the goal umpire and is not seen on review by the video review after 8 secs of footage on an old Nokia phone.
And 3 years later we discover he was on the juice and shouldn't have been allowed to play anyway

I am not going to the game tonight (personal reasons, not being a soft fan), if anyone would like my ticket PM me your phone number and I'll send you a photo of the barcode.
It is in the middle tier of the Riverbank Stand, so good seats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back