Preview Round 23 - Power v Bombers (2018 Farewell Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thinking this might be similar to that late season game against Melbourne in 2016. Season shot, in form opponent around the same part of the ladder, crowd flat as a tack. We'll probably get beaten fairly easily.

I know what you mean. Last year was nearly the final straw for me, I was going to tell him to choose another club. I took him to the elimination final and the intensity was too much for him. At the end when we lost, he cried his little eyes out.

To cheer him up, I told him that we still have a chance of winning something this year so we attended the SANFL GF only for us to lose that in heartbreaking fashion.

Again he cried.

At that point I was concerned of being arrested for child abuse due to what I had put him through.

He didn't deserve that. He deserves to support a team that doesn't CONSISTENTLY shoot itself in the foot.

This year the positivity in the off season left me feeling that maybe he will get what he deserves. Looked promising only for the club to again shoot itself in the foot.

I really feel for the little guy.

I've asked him if he wants to keep going next year (I don't really want to TBH) and it's now too late for him, hes declared that he does.

Poor lad is hooked on going and has been seduced by false hope.

At least he's committed I guess but I can't help but look at myself in disgrace thinking "what have I done?"

I've condoned him by selfishly influencing him to support a club that regularly shits on every thing it once stood for.

All because of my fantasy of going to football with him for years and years. He's 9, will lose interest in hanging with dad in a few years, I was hoping that this could create a long term common interest.

I've influenced him to become emotionally invested in a club that regularly causes heartache and embarrasment for all of it's supporters.

Its not like the signs havent been there for a while.

I've wrecked the poor lads football experience.

What have I done ???

:eek::eek:
Sounds like he’s not giving up easy and that’s more than we can say for the way we have played this year.
Don’t worry I’m sure when he’s older he will take you along to the football and make you stay right to the end no matter what LOL!

I'm thinking this might be similar to that late season game against Melbourne in 2016. Season shot, in form opponent around the same part of the ladder, crowd flat as a tack. We'll probably get beaten fairly easily.

When Melbourne gave us a pumping and then didn't win another game.

R22: Lost to Carlton by 20
R23: Lost to Geelong by 111 (history repeating with that whole Freo thing)

Flooring is getting put in Friday, so Friday night will be moving Furniture back into rooms. It’s going to be more exciting then going to the game would be. Son (13) has lost what little interest he had, disappointed he won’t get to go to a final again (after his only one being last years s**t show as I only got a ticket for me at the last minute for 2014).

It’ll be best for the club to lose, to stop any positive spin of ‘missed it by that much’ from Snake Oil Keith. So given this I expect we’ll win now a loss would help the club more.

Still if we win it won’t mean anything. Just more anger at why we couldn’t beat the Bombers when it mattered (and we had a much healthier list).

We've had so many ordinary games over the journey that it would appear I've erased this game from my memory. Did anything interesting happen?

Promised my son about 6 weeks ago I would take him to this game.

He is too young to understand the overwhelming fury that I have for what has happened with this club and the gutless response. So we are going.

I will be sitting cross armed during NTUA and I encourage everyone attending to boycott with me.

I won't cheer any of the goals and will not clap the song if Port win.

Yes, I am a petty man and probably setting a bad example - oh whale... :spoutingwhale:

One final in four years. One.
Grandson (5) and granddaughter (3) came round to watch last weekends slopfest. Both had guernseys, their membership lanyards, scarves and beanies. As I think I may have mentioned elsewhere they brought their Collingwood-supporting father with them.

Grandson in tears at the end of the game (as he has been for the last two). Father tells him it's only football and winning and losing are just part of the game, and needs to cheer up as he will still have a team to support next year. I am so looking forward to one day getting him to Alberton and putting that nonsense to rights. I, perhaps niavely, though that Port would be one connection he has just with his grandpa.
The good part is by the time we're competitive again he'll be old enough to get something out of it.

Miss 3 just wants to swap all of her gear for the Coles Little Shop packets we save for her :D.

Oh, we're supposed to be talking about Friday night? Oops. Sorry. We'll kick nine goals and win. Or perhaps not.
I know what you mean. Last year was nearly the final straw for me, I was going to tell him to choose another club. I took him to the elimination final and the intensity was too much for him. At the end when we lost, he cried his little eyes out.

To cheer him up, I told him that we still have a chance of winning something this year so we attended the SANFL GF only for us to lose that in heartbreaking fashion.

Again he cried.

At that point I was concerned of being arrested for child abuse due to what I had put him through.

He didn't deserve that. He deserves to support a team that doesn't CONSISTENTLY shoot itself in the foot.

This year the positivity in the off season left me feeling that maybe he will get what he deserves. Looked promising only for the club to again shoot itself in the foot.

I really feel for the little guy.

I've asked him if he wants to keep going next year (I don't really want to TBH) and it's now too late for him, hes declared that he does.

Poor lad is hooked on going and has been seduced by false hope.

At least he's committed I guess but I can't help but look at myself in disgrace thinking "what have I done?"

I've condoned him by selfishly influencing him to support a club that regularly shits on every thing it once stood for.

All because of my fantasy of going to football with him for years and years. He's 9, will lose interest in hanging with dad in a few years, I was hoping that this could create a long term common interest.

I've influenced him to become emotionally invested in a club that regularly causes heartache and embarrasment for all of it's supporters.

Its not like the signs havent been there for a while.

I've wrecked the poor lads football experience.

What have I done ???

:eek::eek:

Hold steady you all! It is the bad times that forge the best supporters. You are doing a great job.

As one of the best soccer supporting songs I know says:
"We know that those are bad times, but the good times will come soon. That's why we ask you to give your all, because our people wants to celebrate."

Do you know this one from Platense, El Zorro?

----

Nope. Classic Ports is we lose after the siren after having 30 more inside 50's and then Geelong lose to Gold Coast, thus missing the finals in 'Only Port Could Do It' Style.
Bombers by 6 goals. GCS to then pull a miraculous victory out of their arse against Geelong on Saturday because that would of course be the way our season ends.

If we win, then Geelong must win. Cats win.
If we lose, then Geelong is in anyway. Cats may even lose — take it as a practice match, field their VFL side, etc.

There is no way for us. Whatever we do, we are rooted.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be best if we lose this one otherwise the happy-clappers can spin the "13 wins would have gotten us into the 8 every other year" bullshit.

In their defence, they'd be right. If we win this we'll become the first club ever to win thirteen games in a season but not make the 8. Could be yet another unenviable record for the club.

In their defence, they'd be right. If we win this we'll become the first club ever to win thirteen games in a season but not make the 8. Could be yet another unenviable record for the club.

As though just scraping into the 8 was ever the benchmark for this season with this team lol.

Never had less interest. Never wanted us to get reamed more.

Truly DNGAF.

Sick of them all. They're paid stupid amounts of money, dont even remotely give a s**t about us, and if it really meant something this would not have happened.

Our family has about 15 memberships between us, most are highly unlikely to be renewed. We'll just buy walk ups if ken goes and we look like we give a s**t.

Years of having a boot grind you in the face, what was a flame is just a candle, and the candle is pretty well blown out now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back