Universal Love Round 23 review

Parker carries on like a flog a bit

Played well in the end
I like it tbh. We complained we were too soft in 2014. It's good to have a leader with a bit of mongrel. Allows JPK to focus on being the great leader of men he is.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Defence is still a worry imo

Melican is a major worry , coming of injury but he still played most of the year and didn’t improve
Hope he can improve it, because it is a worry atm. We need to go shopping for a KPD this year. Whether it is AA level or just a big strong experienced contributor. We need another guaranteed option. Of course there is a very likely looking character around 7th pick in the draft this year - looks like he could come in and help almost straight away body wise.

I don't believe in DE% stats as it's usually BS but as I was watching Rowbottom, I was thinking to myself, this kid just does something good with the ball every time he has it. Sure enough, I look at his numbers after the game - 100% DE.

Only had the 12 touches but some of his plays were huge. We'd love him getting his hands on it as much as possible, hoping he's in the guts full time by next year.

Apr 10, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Anaheim Angels, UA Crimson Tide
Interesting Stat for the day.
Sydney are the Third team to finish in the Bottom 4, but have a higher percentage than a team in the top 8, since the introduction of a 8 team final series (Fremantle and Hawthorn the others in 1995)

The perfect way to say farewell to Four club legends , and Celebrate the 300th of TGM Buddy Franklin (and the 50th of AA).
So pleasing to see J Mc and Kizza hit the Goal scorers list.
After a strong start the inconsistency that has plagued Sydney all year was to the fore in the Second, but whatever Horse said in the Sheds worked a treat, in a pleasing sign for the future.
JPK what can you say, simply sublime and worked tirelessly to get the Ball and well rewarded with Two goals.
Buddy looked short of match fitness early, but worked his way into the game both up Forward and when pushed further up the ground.

I like it tbh. We complained we were too soft in 2014. It's good to have a leader with a bit of mongrel. Allows JPK to focus on being the great leader of men he is.

Agree generally
We need a few arseholes

Kennedy and Dawson were the 2 that stepped up when it mattered

This is were we need Heneey , florent etc too step up

Dawson is most improved this year probably
Maybe aliir though felt we knew what he could do

Best end for the season could have hoped for. Just feels bloody good.

Gotta say, the last two weeks we soundly beat 2 teams which are around us on the ladder. Don't expect us to be this low next season

Yep
I’d rather be us than st Kilda list wise

I’d say Melbourne too, I can see the argument for them but I think they are ****ed culturally

Hope he can improve it, because it is a worry atm. We need to go shopping for a KPD this year. Whether it is AA level or just a big strong experienced contributor. We need another guaranteed option. Of course there is a very likely looking character around 7th pick in the draft this year - looks like he could come in and help almost straight away body wise.

That’s why I could see mccartin back

Though obviously could be a good forward too but structure wise if buddy is there he could be back more

Regardless of what we think of him talent-wise, there are few players 22 or under who so consistently play with as much courage as Mills. I reckon he'd lay down in front of a steam-roller if it got us a win.

Totally agree

Fearless

Apr 10, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Anaheim Angels, UA Crimson Tide
That’s why I could see mccartin back

Though obviously could be a good forward too but structure wise if buddy is there he could be back more
The more talented McCartin was ever present both upfront and in defence, going forward from here I see him more in defence especially if JD ends up in Sydney.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Did I hear correctly that Jack only played 99 games at the SCG? Even factoring in ANZ, how is it possible that he played 50% more away games?
He was injured or dropped for home games? Not that hard to figure out.

Back