Preview Round 23: Richmond v Brisbane | MCG | Sunday 3.20 (25/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
geese the bears fans are up and about on their board haha

using our game against geelong as a reference of what to expect this weekend......

boy oh boy

geese the bears fans are up and about on their board haha

using our game against geelong as a reference of what to expect this weekend......

boy oh boy
Wow if the Brisbane team use that Geelong game as a reference (which they won’t) then they’ll be in a world of hurt, Geelong played our VFL team more or less.

I hope the Brisbane team underestimate us as much as their fans do.

I understand all that, I just said I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost.

I do agree if Brisbane beat us when top 4 is on the line we probably won’t make the Grand Final.
I hope we come out to play and our best football is good enough to beat them. But a loss now might refocus the group before the finals begin. We win this one we play the cats in week one. We lose this one we come through the bottom half. A flag is still gettable

I hope we come out to play and our best football is good enough to beat them. But a loss now might refocus the group before the finals begin. We win this one we play the cats in week one. We lose this one we come through the bottom half. A flag is still gettable
We’re already focused as the mission started months ago once the big boys started to filter back in.
The Tiggy Train will be so full they’re going to need two.
The biggest improvement the club made this year was backing two young rucks in which was overdue mid last year. Oh and getting that big beast Tom Lynch. 😉

Its not going to be an easy match, they are a seriously good side.

Adams had a ripper in defence last week for them, 9 intercept marks. Andrews is a gun tall defender.

S Martin, Neale, Zorko, Lyon, Berry, Mcluggage, etc.......... very solid midfield

Their forward line is dynamic and dangerous, we must at all times have the sweeper set up behind play as they get a large chunk of their goals over the back. Grimes is the perfect player to counter that.

If we win the midfield battle and therefore the territory battle we should win by 4ish goals imo.
They are conceding shots at goal in the last 4 weeks as well as losing the inside 50 count twice and equal with the cats which tells me they are getting tired defensively, hawks 25 shots, dogs 25 shots and cats 24 shots ( hawks kicked s**t and cats s**t the bed ) , if they give us those shots and let us win the inside 50 count we are winning easily as we are not giving up many shots to the opposition nor inside 50's.

We’re already focused as the mission started months ago once the big boys started to filter back in.
The Tiggy Train will be so full they’re going to need two.
The biggest improvement the club made this year was backing two young rucks in which was overdue mid last year. Oh and getting that big beast Tom Lynch. 😉
What about all the supporting cast...Stack! Ross! Bolton! Baker!

Don't need a loss when you get jumped 7 goals to 2, that in itself is like a loss within a win.

Mb thread sooking about our ground advantage lmaoooooo,the petals.

Never had a problem when our team was struggling and oppo clubs used to poach our stars when we were down.

Short memories!

Hope we tear the G a new one.

Tim Lunch on sen this morning said the boys were very pumped after the win on Sunday. Dusty told him the next day it was one of the best wins and he was still buzzing from it on Monday. Reckon Dusty is going next level peak Dusty for this Sunday and finals. 👌🏻

Our fans will be ready for any sneaky dirty tactics by Lions players on Dusty and swallowed whistles.

For those hoping for an Essendon win, sadly don’t think there’s any chance as it’s better for them to lose and finish 8th and stay at the MCG rather than going to Sydney to play GWS

If I were them I’d rather play GWS than Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weren't people saying this about Melbourne at the end of 2018, Brisbane need to back it up with a harder draw or else they could very easily become like the demons, one year wonders.
Or that, I'd like to see them get a bit of a run on though, we need a strong presence in Qld IMO.

For those hoping for an Essendon win, sadly don’t think there’s any chance as it’s better for them to lose and finish 8th and stay at the MCG rather than going to Sydney to play GWS
GWS will be an easier kill than Collingwood plus finishing 7th will put you into the MCG prelim side of the draw. 5th and 8th puts you into the lions/eagles away prelim side of the draw.

What would you rather:

play at the G in week 1 and play away in the prelim
or

play away week 1 and play at the MCG in the prelim.

GWS will be an easier kill than Collingwood plus finishing 7th will put you into the MCG prelim side of the draw. 5th and 8th puts you into the lions/eagles away prelim side of the draw.

What would you rather:

play at the G in week 1 and play away in the prelim
or

play away week 1 and play at the MCG in the prelim.
Nobody knows how the top four will finish. I’m not ruling out us belting the Lions and finishing above them. Cats are no certainty to beat Carlton either.
Lots of swings and merry go rounds still.

Brisbane does have a relatively large following (for Queensland) which comes out of the woodwork.
Be wary of Charlie Cee staging for frees.
Pretended to be slung by a "high tackle" from Danger and received a free kick right in front of goal.
Danger knew he had been played.

It all comes down to
Dropping this one is not an option even if bummers beat pies we would have to play them again at the Gabba in the QF

That would actually be a better result for us. We will beat them up there anyway but sending Egirls to an away final in Geelong will help us in the long term.

Mb thread sooking about our ground advantage lmaoooooo,the petals.

Never had a problem when our team was struggling and oppo clubs used to poach our stars when we were down.

Short memories!

Hope we tear the G a new one.

Don't hear them complaining about us finishing minor premiers last year and playing at neutral venues for 2 consecutive finals either....

Let's also not forget that Geelong, West Coast and Brisbane have all had about 5 genuine home games more than us this year. Which taken away would most likely have us and Collingwood #1 and #2 on the ladder....

Brisbane does have a relatively large following (for Queensland) which comes out of the woodwork.
Be wary of Charlie Cee staging for frees.
Pretended to be slung by a "high tackle" from Danger and received a free kick right in front of goal.
Danger knew he had been played.

Would be hard to get a trick past Dangerfield - he has a pretty sound grip of all the best tricks for winning umpire attention

Saw CC stage a few times for goals.
If we are going to crunch him, do it off or near the ball, not so prominently.
Graham to target McCluggage.
The other two Neale and Zorko win a fair amount of ball but not as concerned.
Take one or two out to deplete their confidence.
Certainly they are four elite players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back