Preview Round 23: Richmond v Brisbane | MCG | Sunday 3.20 (25/8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me more nervous. I want to win, but wanting to smash them is different. We usually ease off when well in front. Not today. Go hard and destroy them. Then play at home. Gabba would be OK. But give me the G any day.

Or of course a draw would be awesome for both teams. but I want the win

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good luck today. The Eagles just turned the finals on its head. I said on our board I had question marks over them. They fell in againts the crows and are 16th in the league in contested possesion. Just thought the foaming at the mouth over them was a bit OTT, not surprised they shat the bed.

I am secretly annoyed.. I had them pencilled in for round 1 of finals at the Gabba, would WAY rather them than you guys which now looks VERY likely.

Its now virtually dead rubber for us today which will either take the sting out of our tail or.. mean we play with freedom, we can be dangerous when we dont put pressure on ourselves.

Predicting a 4-5 goal win to you guys, really looking forward to it, conditions look perfect.o

I take back my comment about dead rubber FTR. We only hold a home final by from you guys by 63 points. Bit arrogent to suggest that is dead rubber. Thought it was a lot more.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I take back my comment about dead rubber FTR. We only hold a home final by from you guys by 63 points. Bit arrogent to suggest that is dead rubber. Thought it was a lot more.
63 is a big margin - especially for us who usually try to ice games a bit if we get out early, rather than trying to bury sides at risk of allowing a comeback - see Collingwood game. Even if your players go a bit conservative knowing top 2 is close to wrapped up, I can only see us winning by 5 goals max. And if you come out firing anyway I really don’t know who will win.

This makes me more nervous. I want to win, but wanting to smash them is different. We usually ease off when well in front. Not today. Go hard and destroy them. Then play at home. Gabba would be OK. But give me the G any day.

Or of course a draw would be awesome for both teams. but I want the win

Bombers smashed em this year by nearly 50.

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
With me, the interest is less about where we play finals but against whom. Brisbane at the Gabba is less of a threat than, say, a switched on WCE in Perth. I'm with many posters here in thinking the Doggies are a potential almighty nuisance. I'm hoping Adelaide go in seriously hard early afternoon and put some two to three week bruises on their key players. Apart from the Hawks upset, every game has gone with the bookies predictions so far. I'm not betting against the Tiges for the 3.00 pm game, nor for any game from there on this year.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
It’s still technically a dead rubber for you guys. All you have to do is not lose by 60+ points. Given that it only happened once for Brisbane (Collingwood early in the year), I don’t think it will happen. Besides, the thrashings we dish out are usually between 20-30 points.

If we win it gets us a trip to Brisbane for the first final unless we crush them by 11+ goals.
If we draw it gets us Geelong at the MCG.
If we lose it gets us Hawthorn or Essendon at the MCG

So it's all in our hands as to what happens.

May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
boo I don’t like that it’s looking like Tom Browne is right! :(

Please get up for this game Grimesy! Don’t give Melbourne Uni the satisfaction!

We have until 1.50pm to pull Grimsey.

Then on match day, final teams are handed to the AFL 90 minutes before a game, with exceptions made for "injury or illness" before game time.

The club medical officer must supply a doctor's certificate to explain a late change to the AFL within one working day of the match.

Power Play

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond

2019-07-26 13.06.16.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back