Preview Round 23 - Richmond Vs Hawthorn - The 1997 Jooce Nightclub Smoke Bomb

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone thinking the ******* pathetic "stand" rule is going anywhere has another think coming. It's just been confirmed that it will be introduced to AFLW next year. Amongst a series of stupid rule changes instituted by super brain $hocking, this one is the most idiotic. It's here to stay.

AFLW will probably suffer because of this, I was enjoying not seeing the stand crap in the sport.

The team changes just goes to show how many senior players were carrying injuries.

It is good to see the Gazelle keep his spot, was the best of the young players last week. I am sure that Hugo, Nigel and MJ would have learnt from their experience playing AFL & will come back bigger and stronger next year.

No Caddy selected is interesting...

The team changes just goes to show how many senior players were carrying injuries.

It is good to see the Gazelle keep his spot, was the best of the young players last week. I am sure that Hugo, Nigel and MJ would have learnt from their experience playing AFL & will come back bigger and stronger next year.

That’s what I thought too, Balmey mentioned several going in for surgery

Anyone thinking the ******* pathetic "stand" rule is going anywhere has another think coming. It's just been confirmed that it will be introduced to AFLW next year. Amongst a series of stupid rule changes instituted by super brain $hocking, this one is the most idiotic. It's here to stay.

Kill me now

NRL is my AFL now, * this

Caddy Naish def gone and a few more to boot.
Pickett misses important games for family reasons so why do they bring him in for a game that doesn't matter? Weird. Hope it's not another sign as he may want to go back home.
Looking forward to seeing Miller play his first game. Big lad, hope this opportunity turns into something for him going forward.
I think it's a farewell game.

Caddy Naish def gone and a few more to boot.
Pickett misses important games for family reasons so why do they bring him in for a game that doesn't matter? Weird. Hope it's not another sign as he may want to go back home.

I think it's a farewell game.
Caddy is contracted so must have his suitors if he is going to be traded. Could be the reason he is not playing, so he doesn't lose any trade value.

Marlion playing, to get him to a hundred games quicker

If Miller becomes something he's actually the perfect pairing with Balta. Miller is kind of like Astbury in that he's less of an intercepter and more of a traditional key defender that sits on a man. Allows Balta to play more of an attacking intercept role like Rance used to do.

Although Miller plays like Dave, he's much much quicker, taller and would be one of the best kicks in our backline.

He has all the right attributes. Just has to show he can defend his opponent well and play the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching his video with Dimma and geez Miller is huge ! Really hope he comes on. What a great pillar in the backline if he can make the spot his own.
Yeah, he's massive.

Yeah, he's massive.
So what's been the knock on him ? He's extremely quick for a bloke his size and apparently he's a nice kick and has played well in the twos. Just a bit immature ? Or has it been that he's just found it hard to push in past our pretty awesome defence the last four years ? I know he's been injured a few times when just on the cusp.

So what's been the knock on him ? He's extremely quick for a bloke his size and apparently he's a nice kick and has played well in the twos. Just a bit immature ? Or has it been that he's just found it hard to push in past our pretty awesome defence the last four years ? I know he's been injured a few times when just on the cusp.
I think that's been it. Had Astbury in front of him and when we needed his services he was either injured or our defence was so depleted that we went with Garth (who was a known quantity) rather than throw him to the wolves. I genuinely expect big things from Miller. He's another freak athletic specimen like Balta but compliments him by being more of a defensive rock, while Balta has the attacking and marking game.

If Miller becomes something he's actually the perfect pairing with Balta. Miller is kind of like Astbury in that he's less of an intercepter and more of a traditional key defender that sits on a man. Allows Balta to play more of an attacking intercept role like Rance used to do.

Although Miller plays like Dave, he's much much quicker, taller and would be one of the best kicks in our backline.

He has all the right attributes. Just has to show he can defend his opponent well and play the game.
He is bigger than Dave too. It's been a while since we've had a real big key back. Hopefully Miller becomes part of the future.

Consistency and endurance were the two big question marks when he was drafted. And I guess he's just taken time to learn his defensive craft. He's needed to improve his ability to use his physical attributes to be able to win contests.

Surely Naish gets another year?
Why? This is his fourth year and he hasn't addressed any of the flaws in his game. There's been no real growth in his game and he's still not at level required.

I always thought he was up against it. He's not the type of player we would normally draft. Only came to us because of the father/son connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back