Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
That raises a good point.

Without this being turned into a poll (haha), I reckon there should be an option for each kent in here to have one nomination for POTY (AFL SC Threads POTY).

Too late now, unless it exists without my knowledge. Was this something that used to happen?

fwiw, I think I nominated one of the Loose at HB Matchday Discussion OP's somewhere around Rd5-8

Next season?

That raises a good point.

Without this being turned into a poll (haha), I reckon there should be an option for each kent in here to have one nomination for POTY (AFL SC Threads POTY).

Too late now, unless it exists without my knowledge. Was this something that used to happen?

fwiw, I think I nominated one of the Loose at HB Matchday Discussion OP's somewhere around Rd5-8

Next season?
We should probably do melt of the year too. There's some epic efforts that definitely deserve some recognition :moustache:

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
We should probably do melt of the year too. There's some epic efforts that definitely deserve some recognition :moustache:
I try to avoid the melt thread. Nothing but bad juju there...soul destroying :D

Hmmm...just noticed the line under your avvy :$

I try to avoid the melt thread. Nothing but bad juju there...soul destroying :D

Hmmm...just noticed the line under your avvy :$
Funnily enough I don't think I've actually posted in the melt thread this year. I tend to just spontaneously explode on game day 🤣

Despite my listed profession I don't reckon I'd be anywhere near it for a Melt of the Year award. There's some truly astounding work at times

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Depending on your age & stamina, depravity I think they are called flog socks.
QUIT RUBBING IT IN OUR FACES
tenor (7).gif

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
Funnily enough I don't think I've actually posted in the melt thread this year. I tend to just spontaneously explode on game day 🤣

Despite my listed profession I don't reckon I'd be anywhere near it for a Melt of the Year award. There's some truly astounding work at times
Are we talking single posts or body of work?

TheRednWhite body of work most impressive :D

Are we talking single posts or body of work?

TheRednWhite body of work most impressive :D
Body of work I reckon. We're all capable of a melt here and there but to continually dish up quality melts week on week is a gift. I guess the award should be "Melter of the Year" then - we should have Brownlow-like votes 3-2-1 for the best melts in each matchday thread and then give the award at the end of the year 🤣

TheRednWhite is consistent but it's more a baseline level of frustration/complaining than what I would call a melt. Never really explodes properly

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
Body of work I reckon. We're all capable of a melt here and there but to continually dish up quality melts week on week is a gift. I guess the award should be "Melter of the Year" then - we should have Brownlow-like votes 3-2-1 for the best melts in each matchday thread and then give the award at the end of the year 🤣

TheRednWhite is consistent but it's more a baseline level of frustration/complaining than what I would call a melt. Never really explodes properly
Needs to use CAPS LOCK, BOLD and LARGER FONT to up his game you reckon? Lots of redacted expletives

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to use CAPS LOCK, BOLD and LARGER FONT to up his game you reckon? Lots of redacted expletives
They're all things that make a melt more noticeable (see my effort in Round 1 when I didn't even break 1900) but there's a certain art form to a good melt. The structure, the GIFs or images chosen, the timing... there's some other intangibles too. The good melts almost always come to a head at the end too for peak melty-ness

Quick flick of the melts thread - this from No eye deer is a good one.

Shai ******* Bolton!!
I hate him.
I didn’t want him.
I didn’t trust him.
I was willing to play a rookie and get Marshall last week, but was $1100 short of a straight trade to Dusty. 1100 ******* dollars!
If I wanted to upgrade someone to a Uber premium this week, I had to trade Dusty last week, as I need two trades this week, to downgrade Brambles and upgrade someone.
All week I tried to find a way around getting the useless kent.
My hand was forced!
When I pressed the trade button on Sunday, I had the most ominous feeling. I just new the kent would spud.
And spud he did! 42? Forty ******* two??!!!
******* Madden on my bench wiped his arse with your score!
**CK YOU SHAI!!! **CK YOU!!! EAT A DICK YOU CAMPAIGNER!!!

What sort of a name is SHAI anyway?

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
They're all things that make a melt more noticeable (see my effort in Round 1 when I didn't even break 1900) but there's a certain art form to a good melt. The structure, the GIFs or images chosen, the timing... there's some other intangibles too. The good melts almost always come to a head at the end too for peak melty-ness

Quick flick of the melts thread - this from No eye deer is a good one.
Ahhh, you're referring to the classic melt style of "crescendo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back