Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Here's the thread theme song:

Somewhere in Melbourne there is a knot in every one of Eddie's stomachs. We've been kicking decent scores the last month and cruising towards September, up against the behemoth once touted by Dimsim, House of 'Wick as his best list in his 7 years at the helm, which really says something
If recent history is anything to go by, we'll find a way to lose this. Even if we are traveling pretty well

Let's re-live some Close Encounters of the ninth kind
We all remember Round 23, 2014. Richmond were playing for a spot in the finals, we were playing for literally nothing.
The best on ground votes as provided kindly by a few of Hawthorn's mates:
3. B Deledio (Rich)

2. A Rance (Rich)

1. D Hannebery (Syd)

Those were the best on ground, I nominate this patch of turf as the worst on ground
turf.PNG
if i freeze you can actually pinpoint the moment ted's heart ripped in two.
TedDusty.jpg
Thanks ANZ

Last time: Round 9-1
With the clock ticking, our superstar forward had provided an outlet on the wing...
loltowers.PNG

...Unfortunately he failed to see Buddy Franklin further to his right and kicked straight to Rance and some schmucks I'm told that work under the moniker of 'Defense'.
DeanTowersBuddy.jpg
Sam Lloyd decided he actually wanted to play footy next year and hit the prolate spheroid-shaped ball through the centre upright posts, achieving a six point score increase for Richmond. GG

Key Players:
No. 9: Trent 'We'll kick into the breeze, please' Cotchin

Slick... quick... elusive... bordering on unseeable - particularly in big games
Although he does have a few elite traits to be fair, his hair first and foremost
that perfect hold, cleaness in the air, great conditioning, immaculate height, can play small or tall
TrentCotchineT2Ore5Hsuzm-1.jpg

Dustin 'I cut my hair with chopsticks' Martin

chopsticksdusty.jpg
Their best midfielder. Known for his 'dont argue' approach... except for with certain female patrons in a restaurant setting. Has been a light in another richmond-esque year

Gary Rohan
Early in the season I admittedly questioned the impact Gaz would have upon his return. But he has come on as we all would hope - kicking goals (a handy four against the good blokes) as well as providing pressure, pace and ginger diversity.
And i think there's only one thing we can thank for his meteoric return - The Rod!
kAVnAFe.png

Kurt Tippett
The glorious man-mountain in his sophomoric match in a return from injury. With Crayfish Baesmith exceeding all expectations, Kurt can spend more time in Rance territory clunking marks,kicking sausage rolls and doing forwardy stuff
Speaking of sausage rolls...
300381-kurt-tippett.jpg

Predictions:
There are questions still how we can deal with Richmond's gameplan (below) and honestly we'll probably lose due to a lack of pressure
ezgif-1253252808.gif

Swans by 31 points. Hopefully coaxing Hardwick to once again try to call off a game ala that preseason game
Exclusive footage below

richmondburglar.jpg

If not, #eco

Last edited:
RainMachine it's your turn to do the preview for this game, feel free to edit the opening post whenever you're ready.

Hope Buddy's ribs are OK.

Last edited:

In: Jack (sorely missed today), maybe Marsh/Jones
Out: Cunningham, maybe McGlynn (he'd be unlucky)

The two obvious ones wouldn't be like for like though

Massive danger game. Richmond have nothing to lose and that's when they play their best.

They only play like they have nothing to lose against us, every other week when they have nothing to lose they stink it up.

They only play like they have nothing to lose against us, every other week when they have nothing to lose they stink it up.

Fair dinkum they scored 46 pts today infact they were up to FOUR goals before they got 2 in the last minute, we will win easily even playing like s**t.

If we lose we should seek a shrink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Jack (sorely missed today), maybe Marsh/Jones
Out: Cunningham, maybe McGlynn (he'd be unlucky)
The two obvious ones wouldn't be like for like though
Agree. Sweating on the return of Jones.

The Showdown tonight will tell us how much percentage we need.

The Richmond loss early in the season has cost us all year, time to exact revenge.

These rounds often throw up something interesting where teams go into self-preservation mode before finals. Bye will help but one wouldn't wanna go doing a calf or a 4+ wk hammy. It happened when cats lost to us down at KP in the final round where they hadn't lost down there in ions. Same with pies after going through an almost faultless season to then lose to cats in last round when they rested players and trialed others in non-familiar positions. And of course who could forget when we played tigs in final round of 2014. No worse team to play in the final round when still needing to win than against your nemesis. Still, with our form and the importance of a win, would have to strongly back us for ths one.

Agree. Sweating on the return of Jones.

The Showdown tonight will tell us how much percentage we need.

The Richmond loss early in the season has cost us all year, time to exact revenge.

Not just the Richmond game you could argue...

Dogs - Almost after the siren
Scum - 90 seconds to go

Other loses been Ade - Only 10 points over there and had our chances.

The only team to get a hold of us were GWS but we had a tough run with shitty weather games prior.

I hope we smash Richmond and keep them under 4 goals

I haven't seen today's game yet, but I get that we played poorly but still won... but I will back our boys not to play poorly two weeks in a row. Also, if we really were that down, I think a whole bunch of these boys will now be playing to keep their spots for the finals. So, if Buddy is fine and KJ is back, then I think:

Given that we beat St Kilda by 70, and they beat Richmond by 20, surely we should then win by 90+ :p

Any sort of win with no injuries
Dont care if we look poor
Just beat them

Nah after the s**t I copped after our post-siren loss I hope we absolutely destroy these campaigners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back