Preview 2016 Round 23: Sydney v Richmond @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have word on Zac Jones? He's listed as 1-3 weeks, two weeks ago?? I realise that could mean 1 more week, but with us you never know...

Think he should be right to go, they were talking about round 23 for him. Now whether we risk him I'm not sure.

I'm with you on this one, Micky. Laidler is the one for me to slot into the team. You could rely on him to do a job on a third tall/ medium forward. Jones would too, if fully fit. Only one of Papley/McGlynn can fit in this team though, IMHO

There is no choice between McGlynn and Papley. Papley has been better by a mile. laidler I'm not sure, but he's good depth. It is a positive that we enter the finals with solid depth.

True, given there's the bye...but I hope he comes back for finals.

If he doesn't play this week, he doesn't play period. No way am I taking a player with no match conditioning into a final. Would rather stick with Cunningham if that is the case.

I think Richmond have 4 or 5 genuinely top class players- Dusty, Rance, Reiwolt and Deledio (and he's injured) Cotchin- debatable. The rest are all B graders at best. They have also been trying out some young VFL players in the last couple of rounds. Not nervous about this game at all, especially at home.
Prediction: Towers to have a standout game.

I want hawks twice. So we can beat them twice and end their 3peat

That would probably mean playing them in the Grand Final. Don't know if I could cope with that.

I want them out in straight sets. Us in week 1. GWS in week 2.

That would probably mean playing them in the Grand Final. Don't know if I could cope with that.

I want them out in straight sets. Us in week 1. GWS in week 2.

This. Don't want to face Hawthorn in the GF, would be my worst nightmare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no way id rather we smash them into irrelevance on gf day. Or the eagles, but they arent making it

I'd take smashing Geelong or Adelaide, or GWS with the latter the best scenario as all of Melbourne would have an Eddie like whinge!

I'd take smashing Geelong or Adelaide, or GWS with the latter the best scenario as all of Melbourne would have an Eddie like whinge!
this surprises me. are you a hawk lover? if so

Reported : Hawk Lover

If he doesn't play this week, he doesn't play period. No way am I taking a player with no match conditioning into a final. Would rather stick with Cunningham if that is the case.
Yeah maybe, I can't remember how long he's been out for, 6 weeks? I think the coaches rate him pretty highly, so it will be interesting if he is ready to go and fit.

I’m still an advocate for McGlynn but agree with this.

Jones is the risky one though, unless he gets a game in this week and do the ressies have a game in the senior bye round ?

Yeah I agree McGlynn is good depth. I have concerns about him but this week he was able to come in and not be a liability or a passenger.

I don't like the idea of bringing in Jones after a pretty lengthy lay-off right on the eve of finals and still so young. But at the same time, his speed and kicking out of defence was so crucial during the middle part of the season and I back his toughness to get him into games even if he's out of touch

I want Hawthorn to be out in straight sets. I want them to endure two weeks of finals games that they aren't a part of. Two weeks of hearing the media talk up four, and then two, other teams. They don't deserve a whole week of the media celebrating them, even if they lost on the day.

Papley > McGlynn
Naismith > Sinclair
Jones > Cunningham

for finals.

I agree with the first two, but think it should be Laidler > Cunningham. He's already played a few games in the reserves and from all reports, played really well. I'm still not convinced on Jones yet. He could be a good player for us in the future, but he's still pretty raw and has the potential to get a rush of blood. Laidler is much more dependable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back