Remove this Banner Ad

Round 22 as some might get farewells in round 23

B. Byrne ASOS Plowman
HB. Marchbank Wietering Williamson
C. Gibbs Docherty Simpson
HF. SPS Casboult SOSOS
F. Murphy McKay C.Curnow
Foll. Kruz Cripps Cuningham

Int. E.Curnow Macreadie Fisher (Pickett)

I would like to see both Byrne and Williamson being developed to take over the sweeper role that Simpson and Docherty play. Both have pace and are elite kicks. Could be very damaging setting up play from the back.

This releases Docherty into the midfield. Bigger body, good in tight, doesn't panic and as we saw against North likes a goal.
Also makes us less reliant on Gibbs and Murphy.

Gibbs, Murphy, SPS, E.Curnow, Fisher and C.Curnow all to see time in the middle.

Early on don't want to see McKay thrown in without any support so Casboult still in to take the best defender and play relief ruck. A position I would prefer McKay doesn't have to play early days.

Macreadie on the bench developed down back but also given a chance getting up and down on the wing.

The final bench spot I have Pickett but could be any of Pickett, Polson, Sumner, LeBois or even Graham.

I'm hoping our team (and plans) hold together, as younger players historically fall off at the end of the season.

B. Byrne ASOS Plowman
HB. Marchbank Wietering Simpson
C. Cuningham Docherty Williamson
HF. SPS McKay SOSOS
F. Murphy Casboult C.Curnow
Foll. Kruez Cripps Gibbs

Int. E.Curnow Macreadie Fisher Wright

Byrne is a must in our backline.
We need one of Doc or Simmo in the back half; leaning to Simmo as Doc is more capable up the ground.
Move Williamson to a wing where his height, speed, endurance, long kicking will be a weapon for us.
McKay will most likely play this year, probably the last 3 games.
Cuningham needs to keep building - we need his pace and toughness.
Wright has been great - will hold his place.

Reckon it'd be pretty good to see something like this (Outs from the last game we played):

Out: H. Macreadie, N. Graham, L. Sumner, M. Wright
In: P. Kerr, J. Pickett, C. Byrne, A. Gallucci

FB:
L. Plowman, A. Silvagni, S. Docherty
HB: C. Marchbank, J. Weitering, J. Pickett
C: K. Simpson, M. Murphy, E. Curnow
HF: Z. Fisher, P. Kerr, C. Byrne
FF: J. Silvagni, L. Casboult, A. Gallucci
R: M. Kreuzer, P. Cripps, S. Petrevski-Seton
I/C: D. Cuningham, B. Gibbs, C. Curnow, T. Williamson

E: N. Graham, H. Macreadie, C. Polson

I'd like to pencil Mckay in for Casboult but just can't bring myself to do it. C. Byrne can play anywhere, will be a gun if his body allows it. Gallucci brings more F50 pressure than Wright and is younger and faster, I think he'll probably be ahead of Sumner at the end of the year. If he's able to push Wright out by the end of the season it'll mean our forward line has started working nicely. Team has reasonable balance, SOS and Kerr are both smart and mobile forwards, which'll would hopefully work to create space for Casboult. Everyone else is pretty self explanatory, I think Macreadie misses mainly due to team balance and N. Graham is just unlucky.

Marchbank, Jones, Plowman
Docherty, ASilvagni, Simpson
Murphy, Gibbs, Petrevski-Seton
Pickett, Weitering, Wright
Casboult, McKay, Silvagni
Kreuzer, Cripps, Curnow
Curnow, Williamson, Fisher, Cuningham

Charlie on a wing, Weiters back fwd, Jones the strong unco FB, McKay in, Pickett wing/HF, Casey gearing up for a big 2018 in the 2s

Here is my round 1 team 2019. I know its not the answer to the thread title just thought I'd look at the losses of Kruezer (compo pick on traded for hopper and kennedy with pick 16 from adelaide), another bottom two finish (likely with the loss of gibbs, casboult and Kruezer) in 2018 landing us Max King (pick 1-2) and Ben silvagni (matched bid with second round).

B: Lachie Plowman Jacob Weitering Ciaran Byrne
HB: Tom Williamson Caleb Marchbank Marc Murphy

C: Luke Davies-Uniacke Sam Petrevski-Seton Jacob Hopper

HF: Ben Silvagni Max King Jack Silvagni
FF: Jarrod Pickett Harry McKay Charlie Curnow

FOLL: Andrew Phillips Patrick Cripps David Cuningham

INT: Zac Fisher Harrison Macreadie Ed Curnow Matt Kennedy

We already have the majority of these players on the link bold with depth to include:
Polson, Kerr, Lamb, Sumner, Hickmott (x2), Jones, Gallucci, Lebois, Rowe, Graham, Smedts

With Kennedy, LDU and Hopper in 2017 our midfield should improve but with the loss of Kruezer, gibbs it will problaby balance out with us as bottom two again. 2019 will be the year we begin our journey back to the 8 (atleast).

FB: Lachlan Plowman - Jacob Weitering - Caleb Marchbank
HB: Ciaran Byrne - Alex Silvagni - Kade Simpson

C: Sam Docherty - Bryce Gibbs - David Cuningham
OB: Matthew Kruezer - Patrick Cripps - Marc Murphy

HF: Sam Petrevski-Seton - Harry McKay - Matthew Wright
FF: Jarrod Pickett - Levi Casboult - Jack Silvagni

Interchange
Tom Williamson
Charlie Curnow
Ed Curnow
Zac Fisher

Changes