Trades Round 23 Trades (D-Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yup it’s hard
I think that putting Grundy C this week is just as safe as Titch, and maybe moreso so will likely do as a PoD for this week.

It’s hard because if you downgrade Titch you are left with a heap of cash that you won’t spend. But if you think someone else will go bigger it makes sense to get him.

Injuries pending I think I’ll dump him for Dangerfield or Ablett.

Grundy against Freo will go +200, the guy is a freak and Freo are, well you know...

Regardless of the Titch tag, for me, Grundy is the leading candidate this weekend!

People trading out Titch are dumb. You don't think he will go big against his old mob?

Also, how can people not afford Witherden -> Simpson and Rocky -> Hawkins? It's only like 23k net spend. Those were my first 2 trades on instinct.

Rank has blown out to 251, which is disappointing. But at least I have a decent shot at winning my league grand finals.

Good luck to all.

People trading out Titch are dumb. You don't think he will go big against his old mob?

Also, how can people not afford Witherden -> Simpson and Rocky -> Hawkins? It's only like 23k net spend. Those were my first 2 trades on instinct.

Rank has blown out to 251, which is disappointing. But at least I have a decent shot at winning my league grand finals.

Good luck to all.

Not dumb if get a great alternative option.
I’m thinking Crouch or Ross would be good options.

Yup it’s hard
I think that putting Grundy C this week is just as safe as Titch, and maybe moreso so will likely do as a PoD for this week.

It’s hard because if you downgrade Titch you are left with a heap of cash that you won’t spend. But if you think someone else will go bigger it makes sense to get him.

Injuries pending I think I’ll dump him for Dangerfield or Ablett.
Yeah, but my team is crap anyway....didn't have enough cash to upgrade NicNat when he went down, so went with Lycett (who's been reasonable) but with one round to go and only going for ranking then it makes sense for me to go Titch>Ablett + Lycett>Grundy = 30K leftover

Yeah, but my team is crap anyway....didn't have enough cash to upgrade NicNat when he went down, so went with Lycett (who's been reasonable) but with one round to go and only going for ranking then it makes sense for me to go Titch>Ablett + Lycett>Grundy = 30K leftover

Big ticks.

Havent seen his games but heeney looks like he has lost mid time - is that true? Is he tradebait now for the GF?

Yeah fair point. I guess there are some people without Rocky etc. I still would trade out a bunch of other players before Titch. Zorko for one!

Barring any selection carnage I am trading Mitchell to Ross and captaining Grundy.

I don't have enough to cash to do both Rocky to Dunkley and McLean to Menegola, so I am going to upgrade Rocky to one of them.

I can't really get McLean to anyone I really want, not even a Hawkins so really my only option is to either just downgrade a rookie for extra cover or do something interesting like Mitchell to Ross and hope for the Hewett tag and another 58 from him.

There's really nobody in my midfield I really want to move on, so I am going to try something risky to move up the rankings.
Won the GF in my main league last week, so this is more of a hail mary for overall.

Mitchell (Ross), Beams, Oliver, Cripps, Macrae, Crouch, Adams and Merrett.

Might bite me on the ass but it might also move my ranking up from 517.

Trading Titchell is absolute lunacy.

You're suggesting Titchell will be the lowest scoring mid in your team?

I'd almost put my house on that being a false assumption.

You are probably correct, especially if he doesn’t cop the Hewett tag.

Last three against the Swans he’s gone 58, 90 odd and just a tick over 100 though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are probably correct, especially if he doesn’t cop the Hewett tag.

Last three against the Swans he’s gone 58, 90 odd and just a tick over 100 though.
Surely Hewett goes the tag of his life.
Both teams fighting for a top 4 spot & double chance. Makes no sense to ease up on the opposition's biggest ball winner.

Well it’s more about net points.

Titch vs an alternate option plus the cash means you can do two “upgrades” - Titch 100 to a 125+ score, and an 80 odd score to a 100+ score.

Well it’s more about net points.

Titch vs an alternate option plus the cash means you can do two “upgrades” - Titch 100 to a 125+ score, and an 80 odd score to a 100+ score.
Was gonna reply but samFFC beat me to it. If you think Titch will be affected by the Hewitt tag then it potentially frees up a downgrade trade to trade him as a downgrade and still get good points from an alternative.

But knowing how these things work he’ll be reading this board and go ahead and score 300 just for lols...

Spent all my cash last rd so thinking Ahern -> some cheap rook then main trade is either:

Shuey -> Ross
or
Wingard -> Dunkley

Thinking option 1. But you just never know with Ross...

I only have 5k in the bank, would still like to improve my starting line up this week. Was thinking maybe a couple of sideways trades. One to generate some $$ and another upgrade.

McLean > Heeney
Wingard > Hawkins

Can anyone think of any better?

View attachment 547210

I’m looking at cheap forwards aswell.

Nailed it down to Heeney, Ed Langdon or Lynch...

I only have 5k in the bank, would still like to improve my starting line up this week. Was thinking maybe a couple of sideways trades. One to generate some $$ and another upgrade.

McLean > Heeney
Wingard > Hawkins

Can anyone think of any better?

View attachment 547210
Heeney is only averaging 80 from his last 5 (less time in mid) Whereas someone like Ross is averaging 127. I reckon Rocky is waste on the bench for the last round, maybe downgrade him or Worpedo and upgrade Neale/Zork > Ross/Kelly/Oliver?

8919CB46-849F-4FB7-8159-08177769408C.jpeg In a paid cash league!

Thinking one of two options

• Rocky to Heeney/Langdon (opponent has Heeney, Langdon avg 100 at home)
• Cogs to Ross?

Or

• Mitchell to Ross
• Rocky to Westhoff

Can anyone else pick any magical trades out from this team!

Shout ya a beer!

View attachment 547239 In a paid cash league!

Thinking one of two options

• Rocky to Heeney/Langdon (opponent has Heeney, Langdon avg 100 at home)
• Cogs to Ross?

Or

• Mitchell to Ross
• Rocky to Westhoff

Can anyone else pick any magical trades out from this team!

Shout ya a beer!
McLean and Rocky to Langdon and Hawkins??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back