+ve
Out of our misery the season is over
Showed fight at times
Naitanui with an arguably career best game
Shuey and Yeo did all they can to lift the team
West showed a few good signs

-Ve
Cole's last quarter brain fades
Petch twice being pinged for a down the ground free for pushing in the back, just dumb from him
Sheed getting a game on reputation latter half of the season

Last edited:
+ve
Out of our misery the season is over
Showed fight at times
Naitanui with an arguably career best game
Shuey and Yeo did all they can to lift the team
West showed a few good signs

-Ve
Cole's last quarter brain fades
Percy twice being pinged for a down the ground free for pushing in the back, just dumb from him
Sheed getting a game on reputation latter half of the season
Petch was pretty unlucky for those 2 pushes to be fair. First one should've been called back and the second wasn't even a push, where the opponent got the kick away regardless.

+ fu** the bullflogs

Them being eliminated first week of the finals after coasting all year will be like the anti-2016 run for them

Quite enjoyed that game. Was nice to see us show some intent and energy but ultimately we were outclassed by a team with bigger aspirations.

I hate playing at the Gabba because the slippery conditions just exacerbate our already frail ball handling skills.

Naitanui is an all time great of this club.

Thank * that is over, now can the rest of 2021 hurry up too? :D

At least the effort was there, I just wish we could see Shuey, Nic and Yeo firing together more often. Also I like Brisbane a little bit more than the chuckers so it fell the right way at the end.

Thank GOD this season is over now.

The worst season i've ever endured as an Eagles supporter. Spoon and rebuilding years included. Expectation vs what we produced, oh boy. Embarrassing.

How good is Naitanui in 2021 though? Seriously

23 Disposals, 21 contested, 10 clearances, 53 hitouts, 2 tackles, 163 ranking points from 73% TOG.

All the while, with a potato supporting him as backup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+ seasons over
NN was immense
Shuey, we missed that most of the season
Don't have to put up with any more venting by sooky la la's who can't cope when their team goes through a rough patch.

- seasons over
Petrol and Brander aren't AFL footballers
Umps put the boots in late
aah me hearts not in it, everyone else will cover the many negatives, I'm halfway into mad Monday.

+ Nic. Has to be an AA lock, surely. Also have to note that he got through a full season without injury!
+ Pray for a clear pre-season for Yeo, Shuey and Ryan. Not having them for so much of this year has hurt so bad.
+ Foley, Edwards and Witho showing plenty - good news considering how poor the defence has been this year.
+ West showed a bit again and had an impact in the 2nd in particular. Still catching up to AFL pace but some interesting potential as a lock down player.

- Umps
- Cole for giving the umps a chance

Last edited:
Too little too late blah blah blah, but rejigging a gameplan on the run can't be easy. Commentators called it, some players (Sheed) are like robots and need to be brainwashed to get the stink of stopping and slowing down and going backwards and sideways out of their systems.

Imagine if we didn't concede so many goals in a row before pulling our fingers out though. Was it like 8 goals last week? 7 this week?

Call me crazy, but quietly confident for next year. Brainwash them all preseason, get Willie and Cameron fit and firing, poach Brisbane's entire medical and strength and conditioning team, murder BT just cos, and away we go.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back