Autopsy Round 23 V Brisbane Good, Bad and the ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

- Cockburn losers winning the flag last week now wetting the bed THIS week and allowing us to finish in 9th place.

9th place finish. With 11 All Australians on your list.

9th place. The worst possible place any club can finish. No finals. No top 10 pick again for us this year. So that streak of 11 years since Gaff continues.

Cheers Simpson. Just to cap off the shittest ******* year ever.

Last edited:
Fun game to watch. Glad we stuck in and pushed them right till the end.

Heaps to work with for next year. The sky is not falling as some on this board like to think it is.
Thanks Captain Highhorse.

I for one also expect 2022 to be a marked improvement on 2022 because our squad is 10x better than the disgraceful s**t we served up this year. Even if we do though, that doesn't erase this season that has credible claims on being the worst we've ever had. Mentally weakest, no doubt. Even yesterday, in a clutch game to be blown away early read like a script we've read time and again (ie the week before). After leaking goals like a sieve we took full control through the middle stages, couldn't capitalize through that period and then when the counter surge inevitably came.. we gave up. We just gave up after Cole cost us an important goal.

Let the record show this entire second half of the year was the biggest choke in our history.

As for your sanctimonious tone, stick it up your arse. Most of us know an improvement is likely mainly because this squad can't perform any worse. We hope and pray that is the case because the alternative if that our premiership core is goneski and we may as well take up lawn bowls for the next 5 years or so while we scrape up high end picks from the a-hole end of the ladder. As for Simpson I want him gone. This weak, uncontested s**t we've served up for three years is all on him as is much of this season from hell.

- Cockburn losers winning the flag last week now wetting the bed THIS week and allowing us to finish in 9th place.

9th place finish. With 11 All Australians on your list.

9th place. The worst possible place any club can finish. No finals. No top 10 pick again for us this year. So that streak of 11 years since Gaff continues.

Cheers Simpson. Just to cap of the shittest ******* year ever.
Yep. And they'll delight in taking the best WA talent just before us in every round, I'm sure.

The Eagles can still be in the Final if Collingwood beat Essendon 261 to zero or more.
Of course, it is silly to even think about that.

Where’d we finish in 2014, just out of interest?

I'm sure you actually already know the answer to your question and you're asking as a segway into something.... but we finished 9th.

9th is Fine if you're a young up and coming list, like Essendon.

9th is fine if you're rebuilding your improving young club with a new coach, like Fremantle.

9th when you've got an ageing list and have progressively been getting worse the past 3 seasons since you won a flag yet haven't made many changes and are rolling with the same game plan which has seen you get routinely embarrassed throughout the year however isn't fine.

9th for WCE screams denial of where we are at. It's not acceptable for a list with 11 AA's on it. We aren't a young rebuilding team, we don't have a new coach either. We're clinging onto this notion that we can match it with the best, when we clearly cannot. Hell, we can't even match it with the worst clubs going by our last 9 rounds.

Last edited:
Thanks Captain Highhorse.

I for one also expect 2022 to be a marked improvement on 2022 because our squad is 10x better than the disgraceful sh*t we served up this year. Even if we do though, that doesn't erase this season that has credible claims on being the worst we've ever had. Mentally weakest, no doubt. Even yesterday, in a clutch game to be blown away early read like a script we've read time and again (ie the week before). After leaking goals like a sieve we took full control through the middle stages, couldn't capitalize through that period and then when the counter surge inevitably came.. we gave up. We just gave up after Cole cost us an important goal.

Let the record show this entire second half of the year was the biggest choke in our history.

As for your sanctimonious tone, stick it up your arse. Most of us know an improvement is likely mainly because this squad can't perform any worse. We hope and pray that is the case because the alternative if that our premiership core is goneski and we may as well take up lawn bowls for the next 5 years or so while we scrape up high end picks from the a-hole end of the ladder. As for Simpson I want him gone. This weak, uncontested sh*t we've served up for three years is all on him as is much of this season from hell.
I also want a fundamental change in gameplan but I don’t think we have to sack our premiership coach for that to happen.

Why not give Simmo a preseason and 2022 to see if he can adapt and make some changes and if that doesn’t happen then we can litter the board with the same 3 posts over and over again about sacking him?

I also want a fundamental change in gameplan but I don’t think we have to sack our premiership coach for that to happen.

Why not give Simmo a preseason and 2022 to see if he can adapt and make some changes and if that doesn’t happen then we can litter the board with the same 3 posts over and over again about sacking him?
Nope. No preseason needed. Time to move on from Simmo. New energy, new relationships with players and new ideas needed please. We sacked premiership legend, Woosha when his game plan didnt evolve above man on man contested footy. Now we need to move Simmo on for delivering uncontested, indirect s**t and having us fall into the deadzone of the ladder three years in a row. This is a good list (best forwardline weve had) and it doesnt need to be playing this way.

Nope. No preseason needed. Time to move on from Simmo. New energy, new relationships with players and new ideas needed please. We sacked premiership legend, Woosha when his game plan didnt evolve above man on man contested footy. Now we need to move Simmo on for delivering uncontested, indirect sh*t and having us fall into the deadzone of the ladder three years in a row. This is a good list (best forwardline weve had) and it doesnt need to be playing this way.
Woosha won a flag then 'won' a spoon and was given time to change it up which saw us rise back into the top 4. Why can't Simmo get similar time?

Nope. No preseason needed. Time to move on from Simmo. New energy, new relationships with players and new ideas needed please. We sacked premiership legend, Woosha when his game plan didnt evolve above man on man contested footy. Now we need to move Simmo on for delivering uncontested, indirect sh*t and having us fall into the deadzone of the ladder three years in a row. This is a good list (best forwardline weve had) and it doesnt need to be playing this way.

worsfold would have had more sentiment than Simpson, but wait for the peanuts to come tearing into you saying worsfold wasn’t sacked he loves the club, he just didn’t feel like coaching anymore. His last season was completely delusional, just like 2021. We came 9th, didn’t win the spoon, but 2 wins out of what the last 10 games isn’t far off in my eyes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

worsfold would have had more sentiment than Simpson, but wait for the peanuts to come tearing into you saying worsfold wasn’t sacked he loves the club, he just didn’t feel like coaching anymore. His last season was completely delusional, just like 2021. We came 9th, didn’t win the spoon, but 2 wins out of what the last 10 games isn’t far off in my eyes

Hey mate, do you find making up imaginary retorts to your opinions makes your arguments stronger?

just rewatched the last quarter fu** me umpires really put their stamp on things.
- Berry flops, free kick in front of goal
- Cole bodies Berry free kick when brander is taking a mark to put eagles inside 50
- 2 x push in the back from petro (think you'd learn the first time) applied differently.
- gardiner runs back to ball straight into darling on line, no immediate free kick for front on contact, darling marks anyway.
- Their forwards scragged free kick, ours nothing.

last quarter umpiring was fixed. did everything in their power to get Brisbane home and into top 4. umpires can go and get ****ed.

Sorry, I had meant to come in hear sooner, but to be honest, talking footy has been the last thing I've felt like doing.

I just wanted to thank your team for giving their all on Saturday. They could have easily thrown in the towel, but they played the game out to its fullest, and if it wasn't for some very dubious umpiring decisions, they would have done enough for us Dogs.

If the Dogs had have played with anywhere near the heart your guys did on Saturday, we wouldn't be in this predicament.

Anyhow, knowing your history with the Bombers, I'm sure we'll all be hoping for the same result this week.

Sorry, I had meant to come in hear sooner, but to be honest, talking footy has been the last thing I've felt like doing.

I just wanted to thank your team for giving their all on Saturday. They could have easily thrown in the towel, but they played the game out to its fullest, and if it wasn't for some very dubious umpiring decisions, they would have done enough for us Dogs.

If the Dogs had have played with anywhere near the heart your guys did on Saturday, we wouldn't be in this predicament.

Anyhow, knowing your history with the Bombers, I'm sure we'll all be hoping for the same result this week.

History with the Bombers?

*, I still haven't forgiven the Bulldogs for nearly killing Peter Sumich. Or for Liberatore. The old, short one not the young short one with s**t tatts and the s**t mo who doesn't handball legally. Actually, I haven't forgiven the Bulldogs for that campaigner either.

Still hope you beat the Bombers though. * them.

Hey mate, do you find making up imaginary retorts to your opinions makes your arguments stronger?

You’re back from playing Pokémon. Hope your mum isn’t charging you too much board.

yep worsfold got sacked. You believe him when he says there was no disagreement and everything was amicable. You also believe him when he said he knew nothing about drugs. Bloke couldn’t lie straight in bed

You’re back from playing Pokémon. Hope your mum isn’t charging you too much board.

yep worsfold got sacked. You believe him when he says there was no disagreement and everything was amicable. You also believe him when he said he knew nothing about drugs. Bloke couldn’t lie straight in bed
"I have no evidence for my claim but I believe it therefore I am right and cannot be swayed otherwise" is a great position to take, king.

Woosha's contract ended and wasn't renewed.

That's not a 'sacking'.

Jesus, do you have another other insults than 'your mum' retorts?

Pathetic.

Regardless of whether he got sacked or quit, he was out of contract. Unlike Simpson who has a three years on his deal. Which would have to be paid out if he was sacked. Plus it’d go into the football dept cap, which would mean a tax to be paid to the poor clubs.

Which would be extremely expensive.

Thanks buddy, I'll take that as a yes as I didn't say any of that. Thanks for playing.

He had his chance in 2015 and didn't show up

In fairness to the bloke his Mum had passed away, unexpectedly, like 7 weeks beforehand. I'm not sure if you have ever been to a Polynesian/Melanesian funeral but they are pretty emotionally hectic.

It's hardly the ideal prep for the biggest day of your professional life.

Berry..Captain Floppy. What a disgraceful wimpy tumble that was.I wouldn't get up Cole for that.Good on him for having a dig,its something thats been lacking in our team all year.
The umps were blowing for frees to Brisbane as or before they even eventuated.
I was very proud of our effort,we had a real dig!
Simmo if you cant ;now;get your head around playing youth in front of banged up stars then youve got a real problem.
The frees being given to players tackled from behind;dropping the ball;then diving forward and getting a in the back free is pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back