Review Round 23 v Bulldogs - Salute for Pav

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Jack plays footy. Sometimes, sons decide to go a totally different path if their fathers are legends in their chosen field.
Pav's Dad and uncles all played SANFL, so it's likely.

Also there's another Pav on the way, hopefully another boy!

Glad we got up for the win. Thanks pav on 353 memorable games.

Apeness shows he has something to offer. Loved that contested mark and set shot he got in the 3rd quarter.

Weller shined well again. So did yarran and walters.

Looking at this win... It was a frustrating season. we should of won more home games and we shouldnt of finished bottom 4.

Saying that... a good way to end the season.

That lame arse "tip my hat" montage before the game got me a but choked up. I knew I was in for a big day before the boys even came through the banner.

Good win to send pav out on a great note. We look so much better when we move the forward quickly than when we chip around the backline.

Also reckon it was Darcy tuckers best game today was very clean with the ball another pre season into him and expect further growth next year.

Matt de Boer will look amazing after a preseason on the gold coast.

Like glistening salted caramel. Hard at it, fearless, working his butt off at maximum effort for three hours going in at the pack over and over.

He might spray the finish a bit but his work today showed he could match it with the best.

Really like deboer to go to gold coast to help a sinking team. Ablett ,rosa ,deboer plus a few young one will not be that bad .

I literally do not know a Freo without Pav. * it's going to be weird not seeing him in the purple anymore.
I reckon Tommy did a job on Bontempelli just quietly. Harassed and tackled hard
Tommy did a great job. Bontempelli was getting bloody pissed off at times
When the boys got around Pav after he kicked his 700th (and final) goal...

Right in the feels. Killed me.
+1. Seeing the fellas running all the way from the backline got me.
Was good to see Pav walking down to the rooms with his children. It was the first time i've seen the young Pav and it reminded me that Matthew may not be the last Pavlich we see at Freo.
Hopefully we have multiple Pavliches in circa 2036. A Pav in the women's side, men's side, and the new one in which ever one

After watching today's game, had Sandilands played all season we would made the finals.

There was the fumbles, the momentum killing Mayne. The captain passing to the freo jumpers three rows back in the stands. Indicision going forward and missing the targets as has been the specialty this season.

But when a clearance was needed. A big mark. A contest forcing the ball out on a long kick when needed the Big 31 was there. There were more clean clearances today than all season. And so many rushed clearances from the Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the umps were pretty gracious towards us after half time too once they sensed the fairytale win was in the offing.

Suddenly they were letting go all those 50/50's they usually ping us for.

Kudos to the fans too.
I reckon there was 30,000 still there until he disappeared down the race.

Other things.

Darcy Tucker after another full pre-season will be exciting. Beautiful kick on him.
Tommy could be a very handy defensive mid.
Lachie Weller is a classy mover . Half back looks to be his thing.
I hope we don't go too far with the clean out; MdB should be retained.
Yarran is bloody awesome when he has the ball and dangerous when he doesn't. Fantastic chase down on the northern wing. Fastest footy player in the world.
Sandi will play two more years and maybe a third. Outstanding display of ruck work.

Ross Lyon with his rebuild comment, buying four years ? He's a clever bastard.

This will be the most anticipated pre-season in Fremantle's history in my books.

Could have got Peter Bell or Paul Haselby to do the interview instead of that smiling flog. But like he has done all his career, Pav turned a bad situation into a good one.

Yarran has already just about become my favourite player to watch. Pretty much the most pure footballer in our team - moves like a gazelle, kicks like a mule, tackles like... an animal that tackles well...

He looks like he was born to play football. Even just the little things like the the way he kicks it low and hard when he's kicking into a crowded forward line, rather than one of those lollipop kicks the rest of our team favour that take forever to come down and give the opposition the chance to get 18 men to the contest.

Weller might be joining Crozier down back from next season after that performance.

Apeness laying 5 tackles in the forward line and kicking a lovely goal from the 50. A huge plus when one of your tall forwards is able to apply that much pressure. A full preseason and lookout. 100% guaranteed he's going to get suspended though for knocking a bloke into the next timezone.

Yarran has already just about become my favourite player to watch. Pretty much the most pure footballer in our team - moves like a gazelle, kicks like a mule, tackles like... an animal that tackles well...

He looks like he was born to play football. Even just the little things like the the way he kicks it low and hard when he's kicking into a crowded forward line, rather than one of those lollipop kicks the rest of our team favour that take forever to come down and give the opposition the chance to get 18 men to the contest.

How good was that beautifully weighted kick to the top of the square that Stephen Hill marked ? Must have been 45 metres and went like a bullet.

I said it in the match thread, but I'll say it again.

de Boer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Suban

If there is any thought of delisting DeBoer, why not grab him straight away for Peel.

Boot old Cam Shepherd out, and bring DeBoer in as Captain Coach. The onfield leadership will be invaluable.

Great game to be at - awesome vibe the whole game. Skills still need work, but effort was there - and it helped turn the game. Umpiring was interesting, especially early. Sandi copped the best of it. His free against for running at a guy and scaring the pants off him stands out as amusing.

Great to see Pav kick his 700th - classy standing ovation from everyone. When the game ended, it felt really positive, and glad that so many stuck around - didn't really want to leave.

Looking forward to the off-season and the future ahead. It's not as bad as some people think. Incidentally - anyone notice Mayne getting hugs from people after? He looked a bit emotional. Wonder if he's played his last game.

Was good to see Pav walking down to the rooms with his children. It was the first time i've seen the young Pav and it reminded me that Matthew may not be the last Pavlich we see at Freo.

Freo is well set up by the Pav's, we have future father & son + father & daughter selections coming along nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back