Unofficial Preview Round 23 v the Demons @ Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Ah Chee and Lester
Out: Payne and McStay

We need a more mobile and confident ball handler in defence against Melbourne. I would continue with Rayner forward and we could play Ah Chee off the bench, rotating with Prior.

Ah Chee will come back, as he should as his form was solid before the concussion. I’d like Prior to stay in though, as I like the extra hard edge he gives us when he plays. He is also one of our better runners up and down the ground and helps out defensively which cannot be understated in our team. The problem is I cannot see who else could make way for Callum to come back.

Ah Chee will come back, as he should as his form was solid before the concussion. I’d like Prior to stay in though, as I like the extra hard edge he gives us when he plays. He is also one of our better runners up and down the ground and helps out defensively which cannot be understated in our team. The problem is I cannot see who else could make way for Callum to come back.
It's a difficult challenge to get Ah Chee in and keep Prior there as well. The only alternatives would be Answerth &/or Lyons in my opinion. If Ah Chee is match fit, he will return so maybe Prior takes Lester's spot as the medi sub. I really dont know at this stage.
I do hope the game tonight is a bruising affair.

I unfortunately have 0 confidence in this game and kind of want to put serious money on Melbourne @ $2.

I'm excited about Matho vs Viney or Oliver.

We're finally going to play someone who has the strength and discipline to wrestle with their big mids. Matho to have a big one next week !

It's a difficult challenge to get Ah Chee in and keep Prior there as well. The only alternatives would be Answerth &/or Lyons in my opinion. If Ah Chee is match fit, he will return so maybe Prior takes Lester's spot as the medi sub. I really dont know at this stage.
I do hope the game tonight is a bruising affair.
Yep. With it all on the line for the Blues (and Dees for that matter), let’s hope they belt the crap out of each other (lawfully of course Patrick).

Will hopefully be a markedly different team this time out v the Dees. Last time Tunstill was unfortunately not ready for the intensity, no Bailey or Zorko either. Obviously a win is required for top 4 but my expectation is for a far more committed physical approach to the game than the last time we played the Dees.

We need a more mobile and confident ball handler in defence against Melbourne. I would continue with Rayner forward and we could play Ah Chee off the bench, rotating with Prior.
seriously 3KZ you must be Lester's father in another life..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Kingy spouts the Champion data script, it is mainly still drivel.

Remember last year when he revealed that top 8 vs top 8 is 18 wins and 18 losses lmfao

The bloke is dumb as *

Remember last year when he revealed that top 8 vs top 8 is 18 wins and 18 losses lmfao

The bloke is dumb as *
Live from David King's War room >

mental-math-emotions-news-jan-2017.jpg

Imo Payne is playing better football than Gardiner and should be rewarded for it. Gardiner seems to make way too many clangers for a player of his experience and almost cost us the game yesterday. Form should be rewarded imo.

Big game next week. If we can fix this issue of letting multiple goals through in quick succession, we can beat any team, anywhere.

Need our leaders to stand up. It starts with them.

9 mins into the 3rd last night I mentioned to wifey tempo footy needed now. Slowing it down didn’t happen when it needed to. 4 mins later saints go bam. Then when we slowed it down Gardiner turned it over with few options on the wing. Leadership is the issue. In field leaders need to know when tempo footy is required and execute it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Guys will need a restful week leading into this one after 3 finals like games over the last 3 weeks, glad it's a 7 day break. We can now sit back all contented and barrack for our preferred winner of Pies v Swans and Blues v Demons... we will be in the top 4 heading into Friday night so our fate is in our hands.

Ins- Callum Ah Chee, Marcus Adams.

Outs- Jack Payne, Jaxon Prior.

Can Call Ah Chee play?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I noticed their has been a slight change up forward in the last 2 weeks with Hippy taking some ruck contests
He has done okay in that he just competes in the contest which is all you need.
I assume this is happenning when McStay is actually the ruck and Oscar on the bench

Will Fagan go with 2 rucks v Demons Gawn & Jackson. Probably not as that makes us a bit slow
We were beaten by 64 points last time at the MCG and Gawn did not play but we had a few out as well

DEMONS
IN: S.May, S.Weideman, T.Bedford
OUT: M.Brown (omitted), D.Turner, M.Gawn (both injured), K.Chandler (sub)

LIONS
IN: J.Payne, Tom Berry, J.Tunstill
OUT: D.Gardiner, D.Zorko (both injured), D.Fort (sub), Z.Bailey (HS Protocol)

Tunstall 1st game with Ah Chee Sub

Assuming Gardiner & Robbo are okay we should be at full strength
Even though the VFL guys are pushing for selection i think changes will be Adams & Ah Chee for Payne & Prior

No chance McStay will go out for Lester or Ah Chee. He is taking the second ruck duties which neither of the replacements can. And we clearly aren't risking Joe or Hipwood there much at this point in the year.

Unless there's injuries I dont think we will be changing our 3 tall forwards this year

No chance McStay will go out for Lester or Ah Chee. He is taking the second ruck duties which neither of the replacements can. And we clearly aren't risking Joe or Hipwood there much at this point in the year.

Unless there's injuries I dont think we will be changing our 3 tall forwards this year

Yep, we are pretty close to full strength now.

forward line line is set - Daniher, Hipwood, McStay, Charlie, Linc, Rayner (Bailey off bench)
Defense will also be set - Andrews, Adams, Gardiner, Starce, Rich, Coleman (Answerth off bench)
Center - Berry, McCluggage, Ah Chee (Matho off bench)
RR - Big O, Neale, Lyons (Zorko off bench)

Prior or Robbo as sub and our side is pretty much set.

I noticed their has been a slight change up forward in the last 2 weeks with Hippy taking some ruck contests
He has done okay in that he just competes in the contest which is all you need.
I assume this is happenning when McStay is actually the ruck and Oscar on the bench

Will Fagan go with 2 rucks v Demons Gawn & Jackson. Probably not as that makes us a bit slow
We were beaten by 64 points last time at the MCG and Gawn did not play but we had a few out as well

DEMONS
IN: S.May, S.Weideman, T.Bedford
OUT: M.Brown (omitted), D.Turner, M.Gawn (both injured), K.Chandler (sub)

LIONS
IN: J.Payne, Tom Berry, J.Tunstill
OUT: D.Gardiner, D.Zorko (both injured), D.Fort (sub), Z.Bailey (HS Protocol)

Tunstall 1st game with Ah Chee Sub

Assuming Gardiner & Robbo are okay we should be at full strength
Even though the VFL guys are pushing for selection i think changes will be Adams & Ah Chee for Payne & Prior
Yeap think your correct

Hope Callum is OK and is ready to play. He looked pretty shaken, might be better to give him another week.

My concern is going into the Melbourne game rucking Dan against Jackson. Dans been really good pinch hitting but Jackson/ Gawn are devastating.

So my preferences would be.

Out Daniher(another poor game against the Saints)

In Fort(second ruck/ deep full forward changing with Rayner)

Plus, if any of the midfield small forwards are carrying niggles or don't come up then Lohman(24 possesions in the ressies) should come straight in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back